Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Vohra
Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hair Loss
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Constipation
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Fatigue
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Low Sperm Count
Submit a review for Dr. Anju VohraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
she is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I found the Premium Health Clinic itself quite pleasant. I am so happy that I chose the Anju Vohra for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have body weakness. Many people gave very positive feedback for the Anju Vohra. she is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Premium Health Clinic. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best.
I was taking gain weight treatment for such a long time. I was feeling very depressed and had no hope. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Anju Vohra. The overall atmosphere in the Premium Health Clinic is very soothing.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair loss. I am so thankful to Dr Anju Vohra has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. The guidance of Dr Anju Vohra gave me has helped me immensely with my situation.
I was having this headaches, but the causes were not clear. I consulted a number of specialists but the way Dr Anju Vohra treated me was the best. Her advice and prescription has helped me immensely. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. A friend of mine referred to Dr Anju Vohra. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
She is very talented and seasoned doctor. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of diabetes. Anju Vohra has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my diabetes problem until I consulted her.
She is very professional and is a really patient listener. I was shocked to know that I am not able to lose weight. I remember, I read an article Dr Anju Vohra in the paper and made contact. Dr anju certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. Hygiene is very important, and I must Premium Health Clinic was extremely clean.
She is very patient and i felt very comfortable to talk to her about my problems and symptoms. I've been suffering with coughing fits for more than a month and when i started taking her medication and advise, my condition improved greatly within just one day. Also her clinic is very clean.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my allergy problem.With great ease dr Anju Vohra explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out at her clinic Premium Health Clinic in Delhi .I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
We consulteddr Anju Vohra at Premium Health Clinic in Noida for our son as he was suffering through anorexia for the past 2years. She is very good doctor, has lots of patience and used to answer all questions we asked. Her treatment was very nice.
Premium Health Clinic in Noida by dr Anju Vohra is a very nice clinic and has a very caring and supporting staff. She is very professional and understanding. I visited her for my treatment of acne and pimples.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anju Vohra to be knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Thanks a lot for your valuable tips to increase height...i would be following your instructions... Thank you
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from back pain like this.I owe him dr Anju Vohra a big thanks for making me fine again. she can be consulted at Premium Health Clinic in Noida.
Dr. Anju Vohra provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, helped me improve my health and saved my life. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anju Vohra to be caring. Thank u madame... is any kind of hospitalization needed?
She is an amazing doctor with a compassionate human being. She listens very patiently and takes u seriously throughout.
She asked my history completely for 1 hr to understand my history and then given medicines considering all the factors.
she is really a good doctor. She listened to all my issues very patiently and provide medicine for root cause.
Dr. Anju Vohra provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks a lot doctor Anju... You described very well
Dr. Anju Vohra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u so much for ur response nd helpful advice..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anju Vohra to be very helpful. Helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anju Vohra to be very helpful. Thank u
Vijesh K Vijayan
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anju Vohra to be very helpful. Thanks
Menstruation or a period starts during puberty, usually between the ages 10 and 16 years and continues until a woman reaches the menopausal stage, i.e. 45-55 years. Normally, a woman’s menstrual cycle span is 28 days, but this varies from one individual to another. Menstrual flow might occur every 21 to 35 days and last two to seven days. For the first few years after menstruation begins, long cycles are common. However, menstrual cycles tend to shorten and become more regular as you age.
You may have irregular periods if:
- The time between each period starts to change
- You lose more or less blood during a period than usual
- The number of days that your period lasts varies a lot
Many things can cause irregular periods in a women. Changes in your body's level of the hormones estrogen and progesterone can disrupt the normal pattern of your period. That's why young girls going through puberty and women approaching menopause commonly have irregular periods.
Other common causes of irregular periods include:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): Women with this common endocrine system disorder may have irregular periods as well as enlarged ovaries that contain small collections of fluid called follicles located in each ovary as seen during an ultrasound exam.
- Having an intrauterine device
- Changing birth control pills or using certain medications
- Too much exercise
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Overactive thyroid or underactive thyroid
- Eating disorders, extreme weight loss or excessive exercising: Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa - extreme weight loss and increased physical activity can disrupt menstruation.
- Premature ovarian failure: Premature ovarian failure refers to the loss of normal ovarian function before age 40.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): This infection of the reproductive organs can cause irregular menstrual bleeding.
- Uterine fibroids: Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths of the uterus. They can cause heavy menstrual periods and prolonged menstrual periods.
- Polycystic ovary syndromeand hypothyroidism are two common causes of irregular periods in women. Homoeopathic medicines help restore the balance of hormones in the body.
- Some women have changes in their period because they exercise too much. You may need to make your workouts less intense, or exercise less often.
- If stress is the problem, learning how to manage your stress and possibly also talking with a counselor -- may be helpful.
- Extreme changes in your weight can affect your periods. gain can make it harder for your body to ovulate, so weight loss could help with that.
How can Homeopathy help with irregular menstruation?
Homoeopathy can effectively treat this condition. This is how it works-
• Homoeopathy adopts a holistic approach and treats the individual as a whole. It digs deep into the problem and boosts your immune function. It stimulates normal functioning of the hormones and helps maintain good health by eliminating the factors responsible for causing the disorder. The ingredients used for the preparation of homoeopathic medicines are natural, and hence, free of side effects.
Obesity is a common nutritional disorder that has resulted into stress among people of all age groups. The mushrooming of slimming centers, weight loss pills and diet plans in the recent past are all pointers of how people are disturbed by obesity. The condition results from excess accumulation of fats in the body as a result of excess intake of food.
When you take an excess of 50 calories in a day, you are said to increase weight by 25 kgs within a ten-year period. While scientists largely attribute the cause for the condition to intake of excess food, studies also reveal that genes could play a significant role too. Homoeopathy helps deal with Obesity by increasing a person’s metabolic rate, diminishing his hunger pangs and dealing with the cause of Obesity.
There are different medicines relating to different cause of obesity, for example, Calcarea carb and Antimonium crud works well for childhood obesity, whereas Sepia works well for Obesity post pregnancy.
• Consuming excessive calories - Nowadays people eat more food than in the previous generation. This used to happen in the developed nations, but now this trend has spread across the world. People also consume a lot of sweetened drinks which leads to the formation of carbohydrates. Fast food can also increase weight to a great extent.
• Leading a Sedentary lifestyle - With the arrival of dishwashers, washing machines, remote controls, video games, computers and televisions, people have become less active and refuse to do their work on their own. The lesser active you are, the fewer calories you tend to burn. Engaging in physical activities is also beneficial for you as it keeps your insulin levels stable. This prevents you from developing diabetes.
• Not sleeping - Studies suggest that if you don’t sleep enough, you can get obese. Both children and adults face this risk. Studies show that sleep deprivation can lead to obesity due to increased appetite as a result of changes in hormones. Lack of sleep also makes your body produce less amount of Leptin (a hormone which reduces appetite).
• Medications - Some medications which make people put on excessive body weight.
Complications of Obesity:
• Coronary Heart Disease
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
For many years now, homeopathy has been used as a mode of treatment for obesity across many countries in the world. The mode of treatment usually is constitutional and needs a detailed case history of the patient and evaluation so that the best remedy can be selected.
1. Calcarea carbonica is a homeopathic medicine that is administered when a patient has excess fat on their abdomen area.
2. Sepia: This medicine is suitable for post-pregnancy obesity.
3. Antimonium crud: Obesity in Children To win over obesity the key thing is to take adequate amounts of food as diet which is the greatest cause of obesity.
Taking homeopathic medicines will help increase your body's metabolic rate and coupled with exercise and controlled diet, you will be on a recovery from obesity.
Numerous individuals suffer from hair loss and hair fall problems, which inevitably cause low self-esteem and low self-confidence. Although this is not a life threatening condition, but this disorder can spoil your looks.
Types of Hair Loss:
Here are four stages of Hair growth cycle, which include: anagen, catagen, telogen and exogen.
- Anagen (Growing Phase): It lasts for 2-7 years and determines the length of hair.
- Catagen (Transition Phase): It lasts for about 10 days. The hair follicle shrinks and detaches from the dermal papilla.
- Telogen (Resting Phase): It lasts for around three months. Whilst the old hair is resting, a new hair begins the growth phase.
- Exogen (New Hair Phase): It is a part of the resting phase where the old hair shed and a new hair continue to grow. Approximately 50 to 150 hairs can fall out daily, this is considered to be normal hair shedding.
There have been numerous kinds and types of medications for treating and preventing hair loss. However, homeopathy has proven to be amazing without causing any side effects. Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which uses no harsh chemicals and works on the principle of triggering the healing process in the body.
Possible situations that cause hair loss-
Too much vitamin A intake
Pregnancy (hormonal changes and stress)
Lack of protein
Various hormonal imbalances
Deficiency of vitamin B
Drastic weight loss
Homeopathic medicines stimulate the hair roots to promote regrowth. The medicines used in Homeopathy to aid hair regrowth are all of natural origin and therefore, safe for use among persons of all age groups. The main advantage of opting for Homeopathic medicines for hair regrowth is the absence of any related toxic side effects. Some of the most common homeopathic treatments to prevent hair loss are-
Hair loss due to Alopecia Areata: This disorder is caused due to the immune system, which mistakes hair for foreign objects and attacks it, thereby causing erratic loss of hair. The individual loses hair in patches haphazardly. There are numerous medicines for specific treatments of Alopecia. Some of them are listed below-?
Fluoric acid: This not only fights alopecia, but is also efficient in preventing hair fall after Syphilis, where hair breakage, hair fall and hair tangles increase immensely.
Phosphorus: This is very effective in treating alopecia and can also be used to heal other gastrointestinal problems, blood, bones and nervous tissue problems.
Vinca minor: This is very effective in treating alopecia along with dandruff. Abnormal hair growth can also be treated with this medication.
Hair loss due to Dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem and the worst part is that it brings intense hair fall with it. Dandruff is caused generally due to eczema and psoriasis. The medications that can be used are as follows-
- Psorinum: Best treatment for preventing dandruff and hair loss caused along with it
- Mezereum: Heals rashes and lesions and tackles hair fall in crusty scalps
- Kali sulphuricum
- Natrum muriaticum
- Pulsatilla pratensis
- Baldness: Mostly affects men. Some of the recommended medicines include:
- Baryta carb
- Lycopodium clavatum
However, it is advised that in case of hair loss, before you consume any medicines, visit a homeopathic practitioner for a thorough treatment.
Homeopathy is a natural and mild form of medication. The remedies are natural substances, which have been diluted and potentized. Homeopathic medicines are best applied during childhood and work very effectively with children. A child's self-defense or immunity gets stimulated naturally towards a healthier state without any kind of side effects.
Homeopathic remedies are very safe, effective and mild. They are especially effective for children, on the grounds that the remedies work by stimulating vitality of a child's body. Children have a higher vitality naturally and thus, homeopathic medicines are extra effective during childhood.
Moreover, homeopathic medicines are soft globules, which dissolve in the mouth. They are easy to take and have a sweet, pleasant taste as well.
Here is a list of diseases and disorders, which are common during the childhood along with their homeopathic remedies.
- Chamomilla is used in case of painful teething during childhood. It is used when a child has got one hot cheek and one cold cheek.
- Coffea Cruda may be used to treat restlessness in teething children.
- Calcarea Phosphorica is another homeopathic remedy used for delayed and difficult teething in children.
- Dioscorea is the common homeopathic medicine for treating colic cramps in the abdomen.
- Colocynthis is also used to relieve intense cramps and pain in children. The irritability factor of the pain is treated.
- Magnesia Phosphorica treats colics with spasmodic or intermittent characteristics.
- Aconite is an effective homeopathic remedy for treating sudden fever. The child's skin is likely to be hot, and the temperature of the cheeks may differ.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum is used for treating fever that occurs due to inflammatory problems. This kind of fever gives you pale, red cheeks.
Irritability and restlessness:
- Passiflora is an ideal homeopathic relaxant for children.
- Avena Sativa is used when a child cannot sleep due to restlessness.
- Kali Phosphorica treats restlessness in children occurring because of over stimulation.
- Magnesia Phosphorica and Natrum Phosphoricum are other homeopathic medicines, which act as relaxants.
Cough and Cold:
- Ipecac is the best homeopathic remedy for constant coughing along with nausea.
- Aconitum Napellus is used when a child wakes up from sleep with a dry, hoarse cough.
- Spongia Tosta cures cold, croup and cough which start from the throat.
- Antimonium Tartaricum is the homeopathic medicine used when mucous accumulates in the chest, giving rise to coughing.
Homeopathy is best applied in childhood as a child is at risk of developing a number of diseases. A child's body is delicate and much more sensitive than adults and is prone to getting affected easily. Moreover, homeopathy is natural and is the safest form of medicine for children.
The cold days are here again, which means it is time to get those warm woollen clothes and jackets out of your closet. Winters are generally dry – lack of moisture in the air allows various illness-causing bacteria and virus to thrive. And if your immune system is weak, your body becomes vulnerable.
• Cold and flu - A viral infection of the throat and nose
• A sore throat - Pain and itchiness in the throat that worsens when you swallow
• Asthma - When your airways become narrow and inflamed, making it difficult for you to breathe
• Tonsillitis - When the oval-shaped tissues at the back of your throat become inflamed due to a bacterial/viral infection
• Acute ear infection - Excessive cold can lead to accumulation of moisture in the ear, which in turn causes an acute ear infection
• Chickenpox - An extremely contagious viral infection that spreads through the air, and is characterized by blister-like patches on the skin
How can homoeopathy help counter winter ailments?
Instead of relying on conventional medications, which have serious side effects, you can go for Homeopathy treatment. It is safer and more efficient.
• Homoeopathy treatment is based on a paradoxical theory. This means it believes that a substance that triggers a set of symptoms is also capable of curing them. The same substance if administered in a diluted form allows the body to develop the necessary defence mechanism to fight off the illness.
• Common cold flu, throat infection etc. occur when your immune system fails to fight back the bacteria/virus that is causing the problem. This occurs due to a weak immune system. Homoeopathy works to improve and boost immunity, so you do not encounter any of the above-stated ailments in winter.
• As stated earlier, medications and drugs used in traditional treatment methods often have adverse effects on the body. Homoeopathy, on the contrary, uses natural ingredients and substances from plant and animal bodies. This is why they are free from side effects.
Winters are the time for relaxation, laughter and celebration. However, falling sick during the peak season can force your plans to take a back seat. Therefore, precaution and seeking homoeopathy treatment at the earliest is the best way to counter winter ailments.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc.
Arthritis refers to any disorder or condition that causes pain in the muscles or joints and the connective tissues of the body. Rheumatism and arthritis are among the most common types of chronic disease which worsen with age, and the problems aggravate with the onset of other medical conditions. The condition is basically a manifestation of an autoimmune disease that comprises joint inflammation and other marked deformities.
Arthritis literally translates to inflammation of the joints. Any joint can be affected and it can cause the following problems:
- Pain with movement, thereby reducing movement
- Stiffness of the joint, usually in the morning
- Swelling around the joint
- Warmth around the joints
- Redness of the joints
Arthritis can be of multiple forms – chronic or acute – and can be of different types.
- Osteoarthritis which is usually associated with old age and is due to wear and tear and reduced elasticity. Obesity, sedentary lifestyle, and muscular disorders increase the chances of developing osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is an autoimmune condition and also causes dryness of eyes and mouth along with nodules in the skin
- Septic arthritis, associated with an infection
- Traumatic arthritis, often associated with a trauma or accident, and involves only the joints in the area of injury
- Allergic arthritis, due to allergic reactions
- Juvenile arthritis, which is seen in the teenage group, and produces limping due to inflamed joints.
Homeopathic treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Homeopathy believes in treating the whole body and not just the symptoms. Arthritis, unless associated with a trauma, is a chronic condition and therefore is better treated holistically. This is where homeopathy assumes a greater role than allopathy. Homeopathy believes that certain remedies work wonders for treating arthritis. At the same time, lifestyle changes are also required to reduce the impact on the joints.
Homeopathy offers a much better treatment option for people suffering from Arthritis. That is because Homeopathy does not aim at providing short term relief for arthritis. On the contrary, Homeopathic medicines for arthritis are aimed at completely curing and eradicating the inflammation of the joints. Of course, this requires some time as the immune system has to get back into its original shape where it recognizes one’s own body as a friend and not as an enemy. In my experience, Homeopathic treatment is by far the best treatment for arthritis when one considers the long term effects of the treatment.
In addition to these specific remedies, homeopathy also believes in overall lifestyle changes to improve quality of life in people with arthritis.
- Diet changes to ensure all essential nutrients are available. Increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and dairy products. Reduce processed foods, saturated fats, salt, and sugar.
- Regular exercise to maintain mobility of joints
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Walking aids if required, which can reduce additional stress on the affected joints.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Acne usually appears on your face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. These areas of skin have the most oil (sebaceous) glands. When your body produces an excess amount of sebum and dead skin cells, the two can build up in the hair follicles. They form a soft plug, creating an environment where bacteria Propionibacterium acnes can thrive. If the clogged pore becomes infected with bacteria, inflammation results. Acne signs and symptoms vary depending on the severity of your condition:
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores — the oil turns brown when it is exposed to air)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
Factors that may worsen acne:
- Hormones. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Hormonal changes related to pregnancy and the use of oral contraceptives also can affect sebum production.
- Certain medications. Drugs containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium can worsen acne.
- Diet. Dairy products and carbohydrate-rich foods such as bread, chips ,chocolates may trigger acne.
- Stress. It can make acne worse.
- Wash problem areas with a gentle cleanser If you tend to develop acne around your hairline, shampoo your hair every day.
- Avoid irritants. You may want to avoid oily or greasy cosmetics, sunscreens, hairstyling products or acne concealers. Use products labeled water-based or noncomedogenic.
- Avoid foods which trigger acne like dairy,chocolates.
- Do not pick your acne as they lead to scars.
- Do not sleep at night with cosmetics on.
- Apply aloe vera gel and drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Role of Homoeopathy for acne:
Homeopathy offers very safe and natural treatment for acne. Homeopathic medicines for acne work internally, in a very gentle and effective way, without any harsh external applications. Rather than suppress acne, Homeopathic medicines treat the condition at the root. These medicines, which are safe from any adverse side effects.
Important Homoeopathic medicines for acne are-Berberis .aquifolium,Pulsatilla,Hepar.Sulph, Sulphur, Silicea.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The kidney is a vital organ that regulates the levels of fluids, minerals, salts, and other such substances in our body and when this balance gets disrupted, it results in the formation of Kidney stones. This problem is medically known as Nephrolithiasis and can cause pain when the stone moves about the urinary tract.
Types of Kidney Stones
There are several types of kidney stones and knowing the same can help in determining the cause and offer a valuable insight into how to get rid of them. The common variants of kidney stones are:
- Calcium stones- This is the most common type of kidney stones which are usually found in the form of calcium oxalate. It is a natural substance available in foods and also produced daily by the liver. Certain fruits, nuts, vegetables, and chocolate have high oxalate content. High doses of vitamin D, metabolic disorders, and intestinal bypass surgery can increase the concentration in the urine.
- Struvite stones- This type of kidney stones form in response to infection, and they can grow fast and become large in size within a short span of time with few or no symptoms.
- Cysteine stones- When a person has a hereditary disorder causing the kidneys to give out too much of amino acids or cystinuria, then cysteine stones start forming.
- Uric acid stones- When a person does not drink enough amount of water or lose too much fluid or eat a high amount of protein on a regular basis then he or she may have uric acid stones.
Causes and Risk Factors
Kidney stones tend to have no definite or a particular cause even though numerous risk factors can surge the risks. Kidney stones are formed when the urine contains an excessive amount of crystal-forming substances including uric acid, oxalate, and calcium. Also, when urine lacks the crucial substances which may prevent the crystals from sticking together, the formation of kidney stones can occur.
A person with a family history of this problem is likely to have kidney stones. Other risk factors include dehydration, certain diets, obesity, digestive diseases, surgeries, and other medical conditions such as renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, and hyperparathyroidism.
Lifestyle changes recommended to improve the situation
Lifestyle changes can indeed dramatically reduce the occurrence of kidney stones.
- Drinking more fluids can reduce the recurrence of stones by 40% and risk is reduced by 80%. Also, the urinary system is healthy and is flushed out of toxic chemicals.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce salt, sugar, and animal protein.
- Limit the consumption of foods with high oxalate content. If you have calcium oxalate stones restrict foods rich in oxalates like beets, okra, spinach, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate, black pepper and soy products.
How Homoeopathy is beneficial to break down Kidney stones?
Although Kidney stones are considered a case of surgery, but with Homoeopathic medicines we can break down and dissolve Kidney stones and help to pass the dissolved stone without surgical intervention. Not only does Homoeopathy treat Kidney stones, it also has shown remarkable results in treating the recurrent tendency towards formation of kidney stones. Homoeopathic medicines beneficial to treat kidney stones are: Lycopodium, Berberis.vulgaris, Sarsaparilla, Cantharis and Hydrangea to name a few.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!