Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anika Srivastava
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Anika SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Hi mam. My last period was on 18th april. I missed my period this 18th may, may be coz of i-pill. I took beta hcg test on 25th may, and it was negative (<1.2. I have not got my periods yet. Is it confirmed that m not pregnant or was it early to take hcg test to be confirmed?
The old age is best defined as the age of retirement that is 60 years and above. Improvements in the health care technology has increased the life expectany. The process of ageing brings about physiological, psychological and immunological changes which influences the nutritional status. The changes associated with ageing are partly influenced by genetics, race and gender.
All the functions of the body start to decline in its work. The reserved nutrients are used up especially the minerals. Calcium is the main mineral that starts depleting as early as the people enters into the age of 40+. This is why the people of old age faces lot of bone related disorders and tooth problems. As a result, arthritis becomes one of the major health issue faced by the geriatrics. This discourages the activeness of people.
To compensate the bone loss and the demoralisation, one should include a high amount of calcium rich diet. The calcium rich foods include milk, millets, yogurt, broccoli, egg, peanut etc. Avoid tea or coffee and so the absorption of calcium is encouraged. Sugars n junk foods should be avoided.
When you enter the later middle age, certain clinical tests should be done to ensure good health. As a dietitian, I personally feel to take up a master health check up atleast once in a year. But if you are highly concerned about your health, its essential to take up certain basic tests which include
A simple lifestyle modification that includes diet, exercise, habits etc, one can lead a healthier and happier life.
Mera girl friend ka periods shuru hua tha 23th ko aur khatam hua hai 28 ko. But periods khatam hone ke bad bhi uska bleeding ho raha hai bahot kam aur stain vi ho raha hai aur ye pehle bar ho rahi hai. Is it normal earlier in this month we did oral sex and she rub my penis in her vagina. By the way is it serious? Please give suggestions. We also thinking to go doctor, should we contact gynecologist. Pls tell.
I am a mother of one baby girl she is 2 month my issue is I am not giving her a proper feeding bcoz I can't increase my breast milk please give me medicine naam for increasing a breast milk.
Now iam unable to do urine test and and also unable to consult a doctor or go to a clinic to do test how can I confirm my pregnancy positive or negative and how I avoid or what I can do in home for miscarriage?
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
Hi, I am married Wants to conceive, we had intercourse on 17th Feb my dates came on 11 Feb now I must not feeling well pain in lower abdominal, dizzy etc. Please suggest do I have symptoms or what?
What does single line and double line represent in prega news test. Which line represents for pregnancy.
My doctor suggest DHEA 75 mg 1 tab per day. Because trying for baby my age is 26. Amh level is 1.0.I got DHEA sure it contain dehydroepiandrosterone 75 mg, melatonin & vitamin d3 is this correct tablet? Is this correct tablet?
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and 8th. Once his sperm spilled outside soo I took emergency pill. My periods date is 24 .my cycle is always normal .After dat next two months got normal periods on 22nd. And bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days. Now it's d 3rd month I din get my periods. I don have any symptoms of pregnancy except I feel my tummy s lil bulged. May it's my stress. But y my period s missing now. I'm tensed pls help.
Dear sir meri wife ka last period time 10 july tha and wo ab august me period nhi hua h aur prega test se test karne ke bad report positive aya h abhi next kya krna h doctor ki advise leni h kya.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
1. If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
2. Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
3. Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
4. Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
5. Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
1. You may experience low libido
2. Your sperm count may be low
3. You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
4. Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
5. You may have chronic respiratory problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My period was happened in very little amount in this month and pee comes out yellowish colour what will I do.
Pumpkin seeds are a traditional remedy for worms. They work by paralysing the worms but not killing them so it is important that a natural laxative, such as psyllium seeds or flaxseed oil to move the worms out of the digestive system. Children can be given 10-15 pumpkin seeds a day, and, adults twenty to thirty a day for about two weeks. Follow this with a laxative about one hour after each dose of seeds. Eating pumpkin seeds daily may even help prevent parasites. Laxatives, however, should not be taken over a lengthy period of time. Alternatively try pumpkin and watermelon seeds ground into a powder and mixed with a little aloe vera juice and taken on an empty stomach each morning.
I had abortion 3 years back. I did a home abortion with an MTP kit. I did not bleed for more than 5 days then I guess and we did not get an ultrasound done. Is there any chance I could have retained any products then and may be carrying it now! I get regular periods now but I am having vaginal discharge which is foul smelling and my lower abd pains very mildly.
Hi m 31 years old I had sex with my bf 15 dys back immediately I had ipill and after 15 days I got period, and but my period is very very light first day I got spot and 2nd day I got hardly few blood drop may I know there is worried? Plx advise I am tense?
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.