Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you to get in touch with the best Pediatricians online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Kumar
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Amit KumarYour feedback matters!
Love making during pregnancy is less talked about because it is a customary to distance pregnant ladies from intimacy. Many women even find it very uncomfortable to have sex during the pregnancy period as their body gets bigger. However, there are other ways you and your partner can opt for to satisfy your needs like caressing, holding each other and kissing. There are some partners who feel sex during pregnancy is the best moment for sex, while there are others who are feared and have their own concerns.
Sex During Pregnancy
Sex during pregnancy should be avoided. If at all done should be gentle, it should avoid pressing abdomen. However, it is safe in second trimester if woman is comfortable. Yes, it is alright for partners to have sex from second trimester onwards, if the woman has had a healthy pregnancy. This is because the thick mucus plug which seals the cervix in pregnant women safeguards the baby against any infection. The strong muscles of the uterus as well as the amniotic sac, keep the little one safe in the womb. NO damage can be caused by the penis of your partner to the baby while having sex. Women can feel some movement of their baby after orgasm. Couples need not worry about the baby, as in no case it would provide discomfort to the baby. The chances of having a premature baby are reduced at times by having sex regularly.
Conditions to Avoid Sex
- The conditions in pregnancy when it is better to avoid sex mainly include times when any spotting or bleeding occurs during early pregnancy. In such a case, the Doctors advise not to have sex for at least 14 weeks.
- Your doctor may even advise a pregnant woman not to have sex if she has a history of cervical illness, has had heavy bleeding, had a vaginal infection, and in case of low lying placenta.
- Pregnant woman experiencing frequent abdominal pain or cramps must also avoid sex during their pregnancy.
Sexual Behavior to Avoid During Pregnancy
- There are 2 ways that are not safe and must be avoided while having sex during pregnancy. The first way is oral sex. Any pregnant woman must not allow their spouse to blow air into the vaginal region. Blowing air into the vagina can cause air embolism, and this can be potentially serious for the mother as well as the baby.
- Pregnant women should not have sex with partners who have unknown sexual history as there are chances that he is infected with sexually transmitted diseases like HIV or Herpes. The diseases can be easily transmitted to the baby if you have sex with such a partner. It is better to avoid any complications and stay away from sex during the pregnancy period.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!