Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka Kalia
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Alka KaliaYour feedback matters!
My German shepherd aged about 5 years is not having food expect in evening. Today my mom gave him bath and noticed that on left ear edge a area about half a inch is swelling which seems like if some water like substance is in it. Also upper part of left eye is in same condition. Kindly help me in this regard with some effective medicines. Regards
Please suggest me. Should dogs be given a haircut in summers always? I have been very concerned about this topic.Please suggest me.
My dog(labrador retriever) has hip dysplyasia.He is 8 mnths old, i am givibg him megaflex, nd steriods injection to strengthen his muscles. Can u brief mewith the condition and treatment of dis
I am 30 years old female. I have pet cat in home. I want to know is there any blood test that can detect if I have any infection in my blood or body from cats? Please advise.
My one and a half month old lab puppy is suffering from loose motions, is vomiting and not eating anything since yesterday. He is not vaccinated yet. Local vet has given dextrose saline and polybion injection. There is no improvement in his condition. Please help.
My one year old German shepherd is not eating food and has become very lazy. He has pain in his hind legs from quite sometime and he never lets us touch his hind legs. Today we have given him 250mg Crocin. What else can be done please . Suggest.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.