Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka JainYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife missed the period this month. We tested with pega test it shows positive pregnancy. We tested with urine also it shows positive. Doctors advice folic acid tablet. Is there any side effect of this. Or us it necessary to take folic acid.
My wife has had irregular periods in the past, off lately we performed a test at home with the pregnancy kit, to be more sure we did it twice, the doc asked us to take a sonography and it showed the sack and the doctor she is confirmed pregnant, she is almost in the 8th week and doc has asked to repeat the sonography, as he is saying the pregnancy is delayed, and my wife does not remember the last date she got her periods, we dint really understand why is it so could u help.
Dear sir i m 3 months and 1 week pregnancy .And i am also leprosy patient my tlc is 13500 what can i do
I am 16 year and I have sexual intercourse 5 day ago and today when I check at home. Its showing me pregnant but I don't want to have baby at this age. How to abort it.
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
I'm now 6 weeks pregnant after normal delivery with episiotomy Medici lateral few weeks back when I checked doctor she said stitches are healed how ever I still have pain from my private place and my left leg, episiotomy was in my left thins bcoz of this pain I am not able to stand for even 5 mins please help me how to reduce the pain.
I had sex with my gf. Sex means just I had rubbed in her area directly after doing hand job. But from her part she did not release any? Is there any chance to get pregnancy. Her period date is 28/11 and we did this in 19/11.
Hi Period start ho jaye fir pregnant hone ka koi khatara nai hota? Aur jab period ki wajah se Jo blood nikal jata he uski bharpai aur weakness dur karne ke liye konsa food jyada khana chahiye aur koi fruit syrup or medicine plz.
Today is my 2nd day of period so I just want to know the right time to make love with husband for conceiving could please suggest me.
Hello, Hello, I just had sex with my gf and it was unprotected. I just wanted to know that if I didn't ejaculate can she still become pregnate from pre ejaculation? We didn't have sex for very long only a couple minutes because my of torn frenulum, I just wanted to know is there risk for pregnancy. I didn't ejaculate but I didn't use condom.
Mujhe pyas bilkul b nai lagti pani to Sara din me nai piya jata please help me koi med kuch ho jise pyas lage.
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 31 weeks pregnant. 24 years old, first pregnancy. I had an endometriosis in my right ovary. Therefore have to go for cesarean section. At how many weeks will I be able to do the delivery. Should I have to wait till 40 weeks if no problem arises.
Hello doctors I want to ask you that my wife gave birth a baby boy on 1st Nov 2016. Our baby was premature and now he is 2 months ols. My concern is that his mother not able to produce her milk. So we are feeding him cow milk. So o want to ask if there is any treatment to produce mother milk so we can feed our son his mother milk instead of top feed. Kindly give suggestion. Dinesh jaipur.
My uric acid is 6.2 and I am pregnant now its my first pregnancy and my first month of pregnancy and I have lot of pain on my back. So what to do, what to eat. Please advice
Hello doctor am a 23 years old female. I heard from sources that if a mother is of -ve blood type and the child she is caring for the first time is +ve blood type. Then the child must surely be aborted and then the antibody or some kind of injection is given to the mother after that there will no problem with child blood type in upcoming pregnancies. My question is if it is possible in providing the injection or any treatment even before pregnancy so that the child can be saved from aborting. Doctor please help me I am planning for a child and am o-ve blood type. I can not make any harm to my child.
Reasons: Why Your Man is Weak in Bed
A lot of women have issues in their marriages because the sex department has gone down the drain and this has led to many women being sexually frustrated.
Sex is an important part of a couple’s life, and when it goes wrong, it could gradually affect other parts of the relationship.
These are some possible reasons why your man is weak in bed.
When stressed, the body releases adrenaline and cortisol which can result in a low sex drive. In response to stress, the arteries can also restrict blood flow, which can lead to erectile dysfunction.
2. LACK OF SLEEP
Sleep is highly important, and is especially good for a man’s sex life. A good sleep would lead to a healthy body and mind; sleep provides the opportunity to refresh your body system. A lack of sleep can trigger an elevated cortisol levels, which would lead to poor sex drive.
3. ALCOHOL USE AND DRUG ABUSE
Excessive alcohol intake can also impair a man’s sexual drive. Too much alcohol intake can impair his nervous system, leading to fatigue, which would make it more difficult for him to maintain an erection during sex.
Marijuana and other drugs can also affect a man’s sex drive; they can suppress the pituitary gland which regulates the production of testosterone.
4. LOW SELF-ESTEEM
When a man isn’t feeling confident or capable, this can affect his performance. When a man doesn’t feel good about his body, his organ or himself, he would definitely have a poor time in bed.
5. ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Erectile dysfunction is another huge factor for poor performance in men. It is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse.
Having erection trouble occasionally isn’t necessarily a cause for concern, but when it keeps coming then it could be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment.
There is a definite link between libido and depression. When a man is feeling depressed, he would definitely find it difficult to get excited for sex; it would be almost impossible to get him aroused.
Do you think your man is weak in bed? These might just be some of the possible reasons why.