Doctor in Jaypee Hospital
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Jaypee HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sir/ Madam Meri wife pregnant Hai Main Chahta Hoon ki uski delivery normal Ho Pehle Jo delivery Thi who operation huva tha pregnancy ke 8 mahina pura ho Chuke hai 10 Mahina Pehle gallbladder ka operation overian (Dermoid &choclati cyst) cyst ka operation karavaya tha she is taking Medicine, Supracal" Ferikind" Protinex suger free powder 8 mahina pura hone me 3 din baki hai Pregnancy ke Darmiyaan total 7 kilo vajan bada hai Diabetes B.P nahi hai. Please suggest.
Hi I have thyroid from past 4 years. Recently check up done I have TSH level of 3.46.if I want to conceive what is the step I have to do. I want to take treatment or what Please suggest me.
My wife is 15 weeks pregnant and take one tablet of 40 mg target every day for renal hypertension. pregnancy is diagnosed today only. Sonography is normal for 15 week age of foetus. Please suggest do we have a risk in continuing pregnancy. What are the risk.
I am 39 weeks of pregnancy. Still now I am not feeling any contractions or labor pain. I am very worried for my delivery. Is normal delivery painful or intolerable?
I am a pcod patient. I taking diane 35. After taking 16 tablets I having unprotected sex with my husband is there any possibility of pregnancy? Can I take unwanted 72? Is there any side effect over diane 35? Please advise
Hi, Meri wife ne first pregnancy abort krwaya tha may 2016 mai and she is thyroid patient. And now we are started family planning. From last four month But she is not conceiving. please suggest something. What we should do now.
Hi, If the wife does not want to pregnant and does not want to use condoms during sex, then during which period to have sex Please suggest?
I had unprotected sex after 4 days of periods. And I also had taken unwanted 72 tablet within 24 hrs but after 7 days I had itching around my vagina and slightly bleeding What is the cause of this?Please suggest me something for that.
Amenorrhea is the medical condition wherein a woman misses the menstrual periods. Girls aged 15 or more who have not yet started menstruating are at the maximum risk of this condition. The most common cause of amenorrhea is pregnancy. Other causes of amenorrhea include problems concerning the reproductive organs or glands that help to regulate hormone levels. Treatment of the underlying conditions often resolves amenorrhea.
Some of the main causes and solutions of amenorrhea are:
- Dieting: In some women, dieting may cause amenorrhea. This is reversible, simply by eating a balanced diet.
- Anorexia: Women who suffer from anorexia nervosa are highly likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In this case too, the only solution is to eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Obesity: In some women, being overweight can cause amenorrhea. They should restrict the amount of fat consumed and should exercise daily to maintain an ideal body weight.
- Vigourous Exercise: However, extreme exercise is also a cause of amenorrhea. More than 8 hours of vigorous workout, in a week, for a prolonged period of time, can cause amenorrhea. Try to strike a balance between the right kind of exercises and the time devoted to them.
- Emotional stress: Excessive stress can often cause normal menstrual cycles to be disrupted. This can be cured by simply dealing with the cause of stress. Once stress levels come down to normal, so will menstruation.
- Addiction: Excessive consumption of alcohol or smoking of cigarettes can also cause amenorrhea. Maintaining a safe distance from all such intoxicants is advised.
Once the cause of amenorrhea is determined, treatment is directed at correcting the underlying disease, which should restore normal menstruation. In case of any anatomical abnormalities of the genital tract, surgery may be advised. Treatment with medications such as dopamine agonists, Glucophage or oral contraceptives is also helpful. Hormone replacement therapies are used in those cases wherein a lack of estrogen is the cause behind it.
A word of caution
While many individuals and companies have marketed herbal therapies as a successful treatment for amenorrhea, none of these have been conclusively proven to be of help. In fact, some of these have been associated with serious and even fatal side effects, though in rare cases. Some preparations have been found to contain high levels of toxins. Before deciding to take a natural or an alternative remedy for amenorrhea, it is best to seek the advice of a healthcare practitioner.
Amenorrhea is very easily avoidable by eating healthy and balanced diets, exercising moderately, maintaining ideal body weight and avoiding excessive alcohol consumption and smoking.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!