Doctor in Disha Ayurvedic Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Disha Ayurvedic ClinicYour feedback matters!
The Aging Penis and Its Impact on Sexual Health
When a guy is in his prime of life, it's hard to even imagine that a day could come when his interest in sex might have died down. Young guys feel "up and at 'em" on what seems like a 24-hour-a-day basis. But what about when they get older? Society's perception of older men tends to be one of guys who have much less sexual desire than they used to; worse, the stereotype is that even when they do feet hot and bothered, they often can't attain the erectile status that they need to satisfy the desire. But is there a basis for this view? Can keeping an eye on proper care have an impact on a man's aging penis?
A 2009 article from the Journal of Sex Research provides a good starting point for looking into this issue. The article states that "biological factors have an indisputable effect on sexual activity among the elderly, but they do not directly determine it." Yes, aging does have a direct impact on the physical functioning of the male sexual apparatus, and other indirect health factors, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes, which may increase in prevalence among an aging population, can also play a big role.
With information drawn from two national sex surveys from Finland in the 1990s, the study found that aging men had more sex than aging women and that sexual activity among aging men depended largely on an individual's sexual self-esteem, good health and an active sexual history. In other words, those who took care of themselves physically, had a good opinion of their general sexual ability and had been sexually active earlier in life generally continued to be more sexually active later in life.
More recent research
A 2016 study ("Sexual Quality of Life and Aging: A Prospective Study of a Nationally Representative Sample") looked at this perceived problem and came up with a different point of view. Analyzing data from more than 6200 men and women from the Midlife in the United State study, the scientists sought to include aging with such sexual factors as frequency, number of sexual partners, etc. When incorporating all of these factors, aging went from being negatively correlated with sexual quality of life to being positively correlated with it. It was felt that the sexual quality of life of older adults (both male and female) was affected more by the quality rather than the quantity of sexual activity. In other words, aging brought with it a kind of sexual wisdom in which sexual satisfaction had a changing definition for the participants.
More recently, a 2018 article looked at the sex lives of elderly men and women in Europe. "Seventy-Five Years Old and Still Going Strong: Stability and Change in Sexual Interest and Sexual Enjoyment in Elderly Men and Women Across Europe" examined about 3800 people in Denmark, Norway, Belgium and Portugal. It concluded that "good health, an active sex life throughout the lifespan, direction of relationship, and feeling emotionally close to partner during sex" were the major factors for sexual satisfaction among the aging set.
All these studies indicate that, while there may be some changes as one ages, it is quite possible to have a satisfying sex life in the later years.
One common factor is the state of one's penis health, so men should really consistently make use of a top drawer penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The most sought-after cremes will include a wide range of healthy, beneficial vitamins, including A, B5, C, D and E, the topical application of which can more directly target the penis. Also desirable in a crème is L-arginine, which helps boost nitric oxide production and thereby aids in keeping penile blood vessels open for increased blood volume.
How to sleep better: Resting well is extremely crucial for the overall functioning of our body. Without a proper sleep, the body can’t perform its functions well. Thus, sleep deprivation can lead to various health-related issues. It is important that you get a proper and undisturbed sleep of about 7 to 8 hours every night.
How to sleep better: Here are tips on how to sleep better:
If you feel that you are not getting a proper sleep, here are things that you can do:
• Follow a sleep schedule: Go to sleep at the same time every day and wake up at the same time. Make a schedule and try to stick to it. This is one of the best tips on how to sleep better.
• Avoid napping: Naps can make it harder for you to sleep at night. If you still wish to nap in the afternoon, do not take a nap for more than 30 minutes.
• Eating and drinking habits: Avoid heavy meals at night. Prefer lighter meals. Avoid drinking coffee as well. Do not eat anything at least an hour before going to bed. Also drink lesser water after evening.
• Make a bed time ritual: Make a before bed time schedule for yourself. In this ritual, do the things that will you to sleep better. Switch off your mobile phone. You can read a book before going to sleep. Or you can meditate. Plan a healthy bedtime routine for yourself and follow it every night. This is one of the best tips on how to sleep better.
How to sleep better: Diet and foods Diet also plays an important role when it comes to sleeping better and curing insomnia. Here are some foods that you can eat for a better sleep and curing insomnia:
Foods that treat insomnia: • Almonds • Whole grains • Chamomile tea • Legumes • Leafy green vegetables • Milk • Bananas Online nutritionist, weight loss centre, diet plan, weight loss diet, diabetic food
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.
Gout is a form of arthritis and occurs because of excessive uric acid in the body. There are proteins in the diet known as purines, and when they are metabolised, uric acid is released. When there is an excessive amount of purines in the diet, the body is unable to metabolise all of the produced uric acid. This excessive production or repaired metabolism can lead to gout. These get deposited in the joints as crystals in various joints, especially of the big toe.
- The joints, most frequently the big toe, are painful, swollen, red, and very warm to the touch
- The big toe is known as podagra
- The pain is a strong, shooting pain, very severe in nature
- The patient’s description is very diagnostic of gout
- Other joints could be affected including ankles, knees, and hands
Gout, as seen from above, is not just excessive uric acid in the body. There could be various reasons leading to this problem. Therefore, homoeopathy believes that the underlying problem needs to be evaluated and treated for the symptoms to disappear. The following are some commonly used remedies:
- Useful in both acute and chronic cases of gout
- Intense pain in the big toe, where the patient would not allow touching it
- The toe is stiff, swollen, red, and hot
- The pain is worse at night and during warm weathers
- The patient also may feel feverish and cold internally
- These patients usually have offensive urine, which is evident from a distance
- The urine may be brown in colour.
- The pain in the great toe is tearing, and the knees may also be affected, which also are painful and swollen.
- Any movement causes a cracking sound which increases with movement.
- The patient likes to keep the affected area covered, and opening it to air may worsen the symptoms.
- Useful in females, who may also have other feminine disorders (for instance, uterine issues) in addition to gout
- The toes and heels will have shooting pain which is worse in warm surroundings
- The affected joints also appear red and shining.
These people present with warm, bright yellow or blood red urine with sediments that could be red/reddish yellow.
- The pain travels from down below, for instance, starts with the feet and moves up to the knees and the limbs
- Small joints like the ball of the great toe and ankles are more affected by lack of warmth and inability to tolerate warmth
- Applying a cold towel or cloth may help relieve the pain.
Experiencing menstrual cramps for a few days every month is quite common for every woman. These cramps are commonly accompanied with pain. Menstrual cramps are referred to as dysmenorrhea. This is not a very serious health condition, but still the cramps can cause you pain and distress. You can manage the pain caused by menstrual cramps by making some simple changes and starting some practices. They are as follows:
Dietary Changes: You have to make several dietary modifications to manage menstrual cramps. Reduce fat from your daily diet and consume more vegetables. A low-fat diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation in your body. These changes will successfully help you to reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. You have to adopt a well-balanced diet.
Medicines: Several painkillers which fall under the non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory groups are prescribed to relieve pain caused by the cramps. These medicines lower the production of prostaglandin that causes menstrual cramps. Inflammation and pain are relieved.
Consume Green Tea: There are certain green teas, which relieve menstrual cramps. Herbal tea has been used since medieval ages for this purpose. Cramp bark is an effective tea used for this reason. Peppermint oil tea is also considered good.
Fish Oil Supplements and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 help in naturally treating menstrual cramps. You will get quick and long-lasting relief by consuming these.
Acupuncture: Acupuncture can be utilised to treat menstrual cramps. The nervous system gets relaxed, which increases the flow of blood to the internal body organs. Acupuncture assures effective pain relief.
Massage Therapy: You can undergo massage therapy using certain essential oils. This provides great pain relief and is beneficial for menstrual cramps.
Heating Pads: Heating pads provide efficient relief to menstrual cramps. Topically applied heat is also considered to be effective and pain relief is obtained in a short period of time.
Boosting Endorphins: A boost in the endorphins improves your mood and gives relief from menstrual cramps. Endorphins are released when you work out or have an orgasm. Aerobic exercises and stretching techniques should be carried out regularly.
Boosting Magnesium: Boosting the amount of magnesium in your diet helps in relieving pain from menstrual cramps. You can consume food items rich in magnesium or magnesium supplements.
Menstrual cramps usually do not require hospitalisation and you can self-treat it using simple remedies. However, if the pain experienced due to cramps is very severe and does not go away, you must consult a doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Irritable bowel syndrome which is referred to as IBS, in short, is a set of health symptoms that occur at the same time. These symptoms include abdominal pain, changes in bowel movements such as diarrhoea and constipation. You may experience these symptoms in the digestive tract without noticing any visible signs. An irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder that occurs as a result of interactions with the brain and the gut; this is related to functional gastrointestinal disorders. Therefore, irritable bowel syndrome is a type of functional gastrointestinal disorder. The problems can result in the gut-turning extremely sensitive. This alters how the muscles contract in the bowel movements. There are certain home remedies that you can adopt in order to gain some relief from irritable bowel syndrome which is as follows:
- A Fiber-Rich Diet: Fiber-rich food items can provide relief from a case of constipation. But at the same time it can cause gas, and in case you are a person already suffering from gas, it will increase it. It can lead to cramping as well. Once you start having fiber-rich food items such as beans, vegetables and fruits, try to gradually increase the amount in your daily diet. If you want to avoid the discomforting feeling of bloating and gas you can take fiber supplements instead. Also, make sure that stay miles away from food items that show even the slightest chance of triggering your symptoms.
- Time Matters: Skipping meals is never a good idea when it comes to your health. Also, make sure that you eat your meals at a fixed time every day. This practice will keep your bowel in proper functioning order. For patients suffering from frequent episodes of diarrhoea, eating small portions of food every few hours is a good option and for people suffering from constipation eating bigger portions of high-fiber foods will be extremely beneficial to facilitate smooth movement of the food through the intestines.
- Exercise Every Day: Exercising every day is a very healthy practice that ensures a healthy mind and body. Exercising not only stimulates body functions such as contractions of the intestines but also de-stresses you and relieves you from depressive thoughts.
- Include Probiotics: According to recent studies, it has been found that Probiotics can aid in providing relief from symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Probiotics are termed as ‘good bacteria’ that normally reside in the intestines and can also be found in yoghurt. There are also dietary supplements available that contain a considerable amount of Probiotics.
Excruciating pain while teething can be an extreme time both for the child and the entire family. The first tooth generally comes in when infants are in the vicinity of 4 and 7 months of age.
Symptoms of getting the first few teeth may include:
- Drooling, swollen or delicate gums
- Declining sustenance
- Biting on strong items
- Fractiousness and rest issues
- Most pediatricians say that diarrhea, low fever or irritation are not identified with getting teeth. However, for some mothers, these indications are normal for their babies getting teeth.
- You need to dependably call your specialist if your child has side effects that stress you or a temperature of 101 degrees F or higher.
Teething can normally be taken care of at home with homeopathic drugs.
Homeopathy is a protected and regular approach to alleviate the red, swollen gums and the pain. Homeopathic solutions additionally help your child quiet down and give them the opportunity to rest. Some of the medicines are as follows:
- Chamomilla 30C: It is the most widely recognized homeopathic medicine for problems associated with growing teeth. The baby is usually in pain, irate and shouting. Child quits crying just when carried and shook, or when riding in a car. Getting teeth is regularly joined by greenish diarrhea and an ear infection.
- Belladonna 30C: This medicine is administered when the child has red, swollen gums and is unable to sleep. Getting teeth is now and then joined by tonsillitis or ear infection with high fever.
- Calcarea phosphorica 30C: This medicine is given when the teeth are painful at the back and getting teeth is extremely agonizing. The main tooth typically shows up at 10 to 11 months of age. It is difficult to sooth the baby. Teeth are rotting, not long after they are come in.
- Mercurius solubilis 30C: This homeopathic medicine is effective when the baby drools a lot, has a terrible breath and a covered tongue. Pain is frequent and more terrible during the evening.
- Pulsatilla 30C: A clingy and mournful child needs to be held and consoled constantly. Pain is soothed by sucking an icy therapeutic stick or when breathing cool, crisp air. You need to give the drug that most nearly matches your baby’s side effects. You can crush the pellets or mix them in some water. In extreme pain, give the child five pellets three to four times everyday.
Other homeopathic medicines given to babies while teething are Podophyllum (mayapple), Belladonna, Calcarea Carbonica (calcium carbonate), Coffea (espresso), and Caffeinum (caffeine). A few parents might be worried in giving some of these substances to their babies. However, these homeopathic medicines are known to be protective as well as successful in treating numerous basic illnesses.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of european union legislation and european pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases.
- Effective and permanent cure: acute or chronic: Homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
Most of us have probably heard of probiotics and prebiotics in recent days, but do you happen to know what they are exactly and how they can be beneficial to your health? If you have some knowledge about nutrition, you will understand the prominence of prebiotics and probiotics, which aids in health improvement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components which are natural and acts as an excellent support for the natural growth of useful bacteria in the human body. They are termed as good bacteria promoters. Consumption of the prebiotic food will enhance calcium level in the body, and they are also responsible for gastrointestinal health improvement. There is no necessity to consume separate pills for prebiotic development; they are available in certain food items like onions, garlic, bananas, soybeans, whole-wheat foods, asparagus, artichokes and much more.
Probiotics are nothing but good bacteria which are naturally available in the body and are responsible for repopulation of intestinal bacteria. Probiotics are also responsible for management of bowel syndrome symptoms. Other than these, probiotics will help in the prevention of allergic symptoms, reduction of lactose intolerance etc. Probiotics are available in non-dairy food products like miso, cultured non-dairy yogurts, kimchi etc.
Advantages of Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Prevents eczema in children.
- Controls the development of colorectal cancer.
- Improves immune system
- Normalizes the bowel function.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps in the digestion process.
- Helps in nutrient absorption.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Improves health.
Other than the above-listed benefits, prebiotics and probiotics offer multiple benefits. Probiotics present in the body will work round the clock balancing both good and bad bacteria within the GI tract and prevents numerous problems like the poor elimination of waste, poor digestion, stress, oral contraceptives, etc. Overall, both prebiotics and probiotics are highly essential for humans to improve their health.
There are many probiotic and prebiotic supplements available in the market, but it is advisable for consumption of probiotics and prebiotics in a natural way by adding probiotic and prebiotic enriched food items to your daily diet.