Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Nizamabad District and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh KumarYour feedback matters!
Yesterday night I rubbed my eyes thinking something felled on it. Today morning it had swelled too much? What should I do?
My eye lids get dry when I get up everyday, it's very hard to take it off. I use oil to rub and remove the dry particles. If I won't use oil, eye lashes come out. This is very annoying. Can you please help me understand what should I do come out of this problem? I have consulted doctor, it's confirmed that I don't have eye sight, and my tears are clean. They said I don't blink much hence the eye lid gets dried.
My right eye prescription is Sph 5.5, cyl 0.5 axis 170. Left eye prescription is Sph 5, cyl- 0.5. Axis - 180. I want to know my lens power. What will be the difference.
Hello! I dnt knw whts happening wd my eyes. From 3 4 days it has itching. Nd when m going to touch me eyes nd wants to rubbing my eyes it starts secrete water. What to do?
I have lot of pain in may head and may full body and my eyes have a burning My nee is also paining so what can I do?
I want to know reason behind my blur vision when ever I used my mobile in night more then two hours. Puffy eyes. Please suggest me few tips how to tackle this problem. Thank you.
My eyes start burning every night, a little bit first and then the burning increases. This is happening from last three days. What to do?
I have mental exhaustion, fatigue, brain fog, and weakening eye sight. It is due mental exhaustion. Will"SHIRODHARA" in panchakrma will from above symptoms? Also mention the cost.
My cheeks are big. My eyes are a bit inside n I have darkcircles. What should I dotoreduce cheeks and darkcircles.
I am having floaters in my eyes how can I reduce them? Why it is caused? How can I stop increasing floaters?
How do we take care of our eyes when our routine includes a work of 10-12 hrs in front of laptop screens.
I was hittied the tennis ball on RIGHT EYE after going doctor was said blood was thothed in your eye after two weeks blood was melted and doctor saying eye pressure is 28 in one eye after 1 month eye pressure 14 eye looking blurry and shade what happened to my eye please tell me doctor please and it will recover or not please doctor my age is 17.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
I have Eye problem I can see from near But I cannot see from far . Even in College I sit at 3rd bench I cannot see the board properly . It's like blur . I need to know what is the best suggestion to increase my Eye power I checked myself my left eye is More blur then right eye.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!