Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Nizamabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M Prathap KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and having tooth pain from last 2 days. What should I do now so that it can be cured and I can live a normal life without pain. Thanks from advance.
When I eat some thing cold or hard things in my right side of the mouth I experience a huge pain in one tooth which is broken in one side. How can I get rid of it please help me?
I have problem in my teeth some time the portion near teeth start swelling and some kind of liquid comes out from there. Please tell what should I do?
My daughter has two bad teeth and she is experiencing pain from the past couple of days. The dentist suggested root canal for both the teeth. Is it required to go for root canal for a four year old kid? These teeth will eventually fall out. Are there any alternatives? How will the permanent teeth get affected with the proposed treatment?
A baby's first tooth erupts at the age of 6 months. For proper dental growth of a baby, the first visit to the dentist should be at the age of 2 years.
I have teeth ache problem during the bitting foods, drinking cold water. When drink hot water then I got relief. There are also a problem some times coming blood during cleaned with brush. Can you help me please.
Which toothpaste is best? I want to know because I used the DABUR RED. I think this is the best one because its made in naturally.
I am 27 year old female and do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes and is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
I used to clench my teeth like for 2 weeks intentionally not knowing that it was bad. Now I've stopped clenching intentionally But I don't know what I do at night Can this clenching become a habit as I used to do it intentionally?
I am 22 year old ,i have power and I haven't used any medication but few days earlier I have noticing a bad smell coming out of my mouth and bleeding in the first spitting of morning ,so what I have do now? Please help.
M 25 years old and my tongue is infection like sore and thrush. How to cure from this infection. Please tell me medicine.
I am having a bad breath from many years. My teeth and gums are in good condition. I have consult dentist .doctor are absolutely fine. In have cleaning 2 times .in internet There is many says halitosis or chronic ,which doctor will help me? Once I went gastro doctor he said to do endoscopy taking lot of money. I don't have money to test. What to do? I want to get rid of this as soon as possible. Which field is best homeopathy or ayurvedic or general. I live in village part .not advanced doctor are available. Only in cities. Any one suggesting tablets or some thing which is affordable and permanent cure. please help.
I have a throat irritation with white bumps under the tongue for last two weeks. I had taken antibiotics for throat irritation and also tried turmeric mixed milk but no response yet now.Please tell.
I am having ulcers in my mouth from a long period of time, I am also taking continuous medicines but I got no relief. So what should I do?
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.