Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek PatilYour feedback matters!
For the last 2 months, I having dry cough. Initially,started taking cough syrups, then had a course of antibiotic. The cough has relapsed again. It is dry cough and more prominent during night while sleeping. Please tell best line of diagnosis and which specialist Doctor need to be consulted for this problem.
Hey I was a smoker for last 5 yrs, consuming 5 cigarettes per day. But now I have quit smoking since one month back. But I'm really scared of the disease called lungs cancer. Do I undergo any diagnosis for my suspicion? If yes then please tell me what kind of diagnosis needed to be done? And is there any exercise or artificial way through which tar can be pulled out from our lungs. If yes then do put light on those methods. Thank you.
I am 19 years old and I am having cough since 4 days, I have taken a few cough syrups but there is no effect on cough.
I have a sour throat since 3 days and having cough, I have tries multiple home remedies but I have not got any results.
Hello Dr, am suffered from continuous cough from the three months during the night time the cough is very severe and urine also coming I take the medicine and syrup also but not fine pls give a suggestion am very tired.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 month I had done the all test like ct scan contrast, cbc urine hiv. But the doctor didn' t say about the problems. My chest ct scan say it is sarcoidosis what I have to do?
His I am 22 years old. I am suffering from head pressure on right side of head and nerves stretching on that place. Doctors done mri and mri shows ethmoid and m axillary sinusitis. After that doctors done l. P. Test and l. P. Test shows few lymphocytes and range 5.5 and told brian t. B. But another doctor told you don't have brain t. B because above 10 is brain t. B you have only sinus go to ent doctor. We consulted ent and used tablets but it is temporarily relief there is no permanent relief. Still now on my right side of head lot of pressure and nerves stretching on that place. If I exposed to sunlight iam getting lot of headache. Iam suffering from this disease five years. Initially I consulted neurologist and he done eeg and told migraine. But I don't have migraine symptoms. By taking lot of tablets iam facing memory problem. I have fever symptoms due to sinus. Please tell me solution or any tablet. I want to become healthy.
My son has sinus, now he has this condition since childhood, he is now 21 years, he had developed cold on his trip to myanmar and is suffering from same since 5th dec 2015, yes he is careless, I had shown him to my family doctors but nothing much happened, so have shown him to ent on their recommendation as the condition has not improved much even after having antibiotics, he had gudcef, macpod, ambrodil syrup (simple one) given by family docs. Now I have shown him to ent the ent has given him med mahcef xl 200, recofast plus, tab betnelan and nosikind nasal spray, steam inhalation as many times as he can and then nosiking spray as many times as he can. His nose is completely blocked and because he is mouth breathing his throat is also dry, as per him whatever he is eating the taste comes in the nose, I am quite worried as this has been going on for last 4 months. I do want opinions. I have been out of station for a while and not very sure weather the medicines given by family docs who are md medicine have been taken by him or not, but the medicines given by ent yesterday I am personally monitoring it. He has just now taken only 2 doses. He drinks and smokes also. Please advise. I am in delhi dwarka, shall I continue with the same doc and medicines. xray have also been done. Doc says it is major sinus.
I have regular cold, cough and ear infection, triglyceride level is 200mg, had gout and piles is there now. How much vitamin c pills (for adult) shud I take. Any suggestions please.
I am feeling some breathing problem for last couple of week. Kindly help me. I am a smoker but take only 3 cigarettes in a day.
I am suffering from asthma. It is earlier help me how I counteract it. I am taking tab. Fixime az with ventidox m. I m suffering problem in inhalation during sleep. Mostly after taking meal. Sir please tell me will I take asthalin inhaler. And sir tell about inhalation with spacer.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I am feeling one ear blocked from couple of days , also consulted ent she said cough blocking your ear also after some time I feel ok then same problem started. Please suggest.
I have a pain in my throat from morning. I that it's because of cold or cough but my nose is dry so I don't feel it's because of cold or cough. I don't know why is that happened. Is it because of eating oily food?
I am suffering from sub-acute tonsillitis and pharyngitis for last 4 years. The tonsils are not very swollen but there is a white patch on the left tonsil, and overall the throat looks red. I don't get fevers but there is a constant throat irritation. Allopathic doctors and surgeons have suggested a tonsil removal. Please provide suggestion.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.