Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced IVF Specialists in India. You will find IVF Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best IVF Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishwas D Parulekar
Treatment of Infertility
Treatment of Fertility
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment of Endometriosis
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Treatment of Infertility in Women
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
In Vitro Fertilization (Test Tube Baby) Procedure
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Egg Donation Procedure
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
IUD Placement Procedure
Embryo Donor Program
Evaluation & Treatment of Infertility
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwas D ParulekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
All women have two ovaries located on either side of the uterus. They are fundamental for the process of child birth. However ovarian cysts have emerged as major problems which most women suffer from. In this, small pockets filled with fluids develop on the surface or within the ovaries. Though they are generally harmless, often times disappearing without any treatment, they do have the potential to create complications during child birth. Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and the quantity of the cysts.
Some of the treatments available are:
- Patience and a careful watch: In case medical examinations reveal tiny cysts, patience can be the key word. If you did not suffer from perceptible symptoms and the cysts were revealed only through tests, you must follow it with regular visits to the doctor. Few medications and regular ultrasound examinations are all you need in such a case.
- Contraceptives: Birth control pills or contraceptives may be sometimes prescribed to you as possible medications to treat the cysts. Regular administering of these medicines deters the possibility of further development of cysts. They also benefit greatly in reducing the possibilities of suffering from ovarian cancer in the future.
- Operations: In case the tests reveal large cysts, operations or surgical removal of them may be the only possible solution. Operations are generally suggested if the cysts have persisted for a long time and are accompanied by terrible pain in the lower abdomen.
- Ovarian cystectomy: This is performed when the ovaries are kept intact and only the cysts are carefully removed.
- Oophorectomy: In this form of surgery, only the ovary that is affected with the cysts is removed, while the other is kept intact. Both the ovaries might also have to be surgically removed if they are found to be affected.
- Hysterectomy and subsequent removal of fallopian tubes and uterus: This is done when the cysts developed have the potential of becoming cancerous. In such a situation, an extreme measure is adopted with the complete removal of the ovaries along with the uterus and fallopian tubes. This is done in order to prevent the subsequent spreading of cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!