Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay Samanth
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay SamanthYour feedback matters!
I have faced lot of backbone pain less than 1 hour I sit properly next backbone pain started it is major issue or not please answer me sir.
I have pain in left arm shoulder to elbow. Taking Tresor cap containing omega rich 3,6,7,9 daily 2 cap since last month, Using muscular pain gel and warming up with water bag. Is that OK? I am 52 years old.
This rare congenital condition is charraterized by markedly increased density of bone, the whole skeletion being affected with the possible exception of the mandible.
Two forms are recognized. The first is a severe usually fatal form with leuko erythroblastic anaemin or pancytopenia compensatory enlargemen of liver speen, brittle bones, multiple cranial palsies; this form is autosomal recessive in inheritance. The second milder form, the orginal albers schonberg disease, is caused by a dominant gene the bony involvement may be milder less widespread.
The abnormal bone structure is charaterized by disorderly architecture with thickend closely packed trabecula zones or osteochondroid material: hypercalcification of cartilage has been noted.
* onset is slow progressive. Usually one or two joints are involved in the begining.
* pain is at first intermittent aching type.
* larer on hip, knee etc, are involved.
* pain is better by rest.
* limitation of movenments.
Risk factors for osteoporosis
* nutritional deficiency, calcium, vitamind, protein.
* postmenopausal women, most common.
* hypothalamic amenorrhoea. Athletes, anorexia nervosa.
* cigarrette smoking.
* renal disease.
* lack of exercise.
* malabsorption syndrome.
* osteoporosis is a strightforward diagnosis for those with obvious osteopenia on x - ray pathologic fractures.
* plain x - ray, however, is typically a poor way of diagnosing osteoporsis as much must be lost before it is deteced. Thus, the lrst of choice is dual energy x- ray absorptiometry dexa, which is non in invastive eary to perform.
Calcium supplementation is recommended 1500mg elemental calcium per day.
* vitmin d deficiency should also be treated.
* bed rest till active inflmmation subsides.
* hot fomentation to relieve joint pain.
* ressume normal activity gradually.
* aviod sunlight.
I am a 68 years male. Some times, I have swelling in the lower portion of my legs ,ie. Around ankles. Some times, swelling disappears automatically. My TSH is normal.
Sir my friend is 21 years old he has problem of neck he is very worry about that every 2 hours later his neck is paning.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL tear is a very common problem with athletes and with people who have an active lifestyle. In fact, this can also be caused by any accident due to sudden movement.
Importance of ACL-
The ACL is the supporting ligament, which runs diagonally from back to front right in the middle of the knee, connecting the femur bone and the tibia, and helps the tibia not to come before the femur. Thus the balance of the knee during back and forth movements and the entire stability of the knee joint is secured by this very important piece of ligament.
What leads to an injury to the ACL?
Here are a few actions that may result in a ligament tear.
Sudden stopping while running or slowing down from a fast speed
Sudden change in direction
Uncontrolled jumping from a height
Direct hitting with an object or person
What happens when the ACL is torn?
If the ACL is torn, the stability of your knee is gone, and you feel as if you have no control over the joint. Moreover, it causes extreme pain and instant swelling. Swelling usually appears within 24 hours of the injury.
Treatment of ACL Injury-
Recovery from an ACL tear is possible only after a surgery. Without surgery, the affected will not be able to return to sports or athletics, or may not be able to run and make swift movements again as before. However, to avoid surgery, there are non-invasive treatments for the aged and people who require moving less.
Non-invasive Treatment: Bracing is one treatment where braces are given to support the knee joint during movement and also to avoid further injury. This is effective for the elderly who need minimum movement and may manage daily activities with a braced knee. Also, crutches add to the support and let the weaker knee get rest. This is followed by physical therapy. But the swelling has to reduce before starting it. Many exercises and controlled movements over a long time help in getting back agility in movement gradually.
- Surgical Treatment: Once the swelling subsides, doctors would plan for an Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) ACL reconstruction. In this Doctor make a graft of a tendon. This graft is inserted into the joint and fixed in anatomical position in femur and tibia Arthroscopically so that the newly created ACL functions like the natural one. This is the only way to get back the ligament in whole as the torn ligament cannot be stitched. Surgery is done through arthroscope and recovery time is 15 days for resuming day to day activities and 3 to 6 month for resuming sports activities with continued physical therapy after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist and ask a free question.