Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay N SaxenaYour feedback matters!
I have a 5 month baby and she is suffering from loose motions (6-7) times a day. I got her stool tested in lab and result of reducing substance is weakly positive. The doctor advised that mother feed is having lactose content. please suggest me.
A nutritious and balanced diet is one of the most important things for a growing child. Children have high energy and nutrient needs that are different from that of adults. During the growing stage, the body needs specific vitamins and minerals for proper development.
Busy lifestyles make it difficult for many parents to find time to prepare healthy meals. But fast food and many ready-made meals do not provide the essential nutrients that children need and often have high fat and sugar content that contributes to the obesity problem among youth.
If you do not have time to cook, at least make sure your child is not eating unhealthy food and be sure to include some superfoods in their diet.
Superfoods are natural foods packed with many healthy properties, including nutrients and antioxidants. Plus, superfoods are easily digestible and will help keep your child’s body and mind healthy.
She is 4 months baby girl some time she cry excess and she get out of control I press her ears stomach no pain is their all time she vomit when I feed her and I give similac milk powder that powder is also not suit she so what is the reason why she cry alot thank you mostly in night.
Hi doctor I have 10 days male baby he weighs about 3.25 kg but most of the day he is sleeping if he wakeup he needs feeding after feeding he used to go latrine n some times bit of water is coming out in one eye after wakes up from sleep .at the time of feeding and while bathing he is not respiration properly is it ok .plz suggest.
Is it compulsory for a two months old baby to take vitamins supplement such as vitamin d and other vitamins as my baby vomits whenever she is given oral drops.
My son is 03 years old, his scalp his full of dryness with fungus on it at his birth only. What to do, to eradicate the same. Please advice your valuable suggestion.
Hello my son is suffering from loose motion and admitted to hospital. Aftr treatment there is no difference in numbers of motion he has only greenish yellow become yellow in color of his potty. His prescription is inj nepstem 25 mg 1 a day Inj Monocef 250 mg 2 times and ofm and taff pro liquid2 tome a day Why he is not responding to treatment what should I do im just too much tensed for him.
Swine flu effected and mylieties effect for a 5 year old boy. Due to breathing problem, ventilator Arranged. How to control breathing problem?
Snoring and hence not able to sleep continuously even for an hour. The body weight is high and hence no peace of mind, not able to have focus on any work. Being a widower and a father of 5 years old, there is absolute lack of peace.
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
Hello, Doctor my baby is 1year she not eat food, im giving her rice all types dall mixed cooking food. She will cry while eating when iam forcing her and I am holding her in leg togiving food. Food like liquid so when iam giving food substance going in nose n ears. So please tell how handle a baby what kid of food shall I made to her n give me advice for her hunger. And her weight is 6.5 kg she is active but her weight is not growing. Please tell me tips n medicine to gain her weight iam worried about her weight.
My baby is just one month. Can I take any oil, soap, shampoo for her use? If it possible please prescribe me which oil, shampoo can be used?
My daughter age is 4+.I have done stool test there it has mentioned reducing sugar - present (trace) what does this mean?
My son who is 14 months old. He still didn't wave bye and some time did not respond his name did not clap he can sit, cowl but very weak do I visit doctor or is it normal I fear is he showing symptoms of hypotonia please Guide me.
An infant is usually called a bundle of joy and with good reason. There are simple and carefree, and bring a smile to your face with their antics. However, the mood and health of an infant can be tarnished due to an issue which is known as galactosemia.
What is Galactosemia?
When a baby has galactosemia, he or she will have a problem when it comes to digesting galactose, which is something that is present not only in milk but in all milk products. Galactose is a sort of sugar, just like fructose and glucose is. As a matter of fact, lactose, which is what milk has, is, in fact, a combination of glucose and galactose. Also, when lactose is processed, it is broken down by the human body into its constituents.
The condition is something that is passed down through the genes of the parents of the baby. The condition would occur if the gene which causes a tendency for a baby to have galactosemia is present not only in one parent but both of them. A baby who has the condition will be lacking an enzyme which is known as the GALT enzyme. The enzyme could also not be functioning as it should be under normal circumstances.
When it comes to the problem, it is very important, to say the least, to detect it sooner rather than later as if there is a build-up of unprocessed galactose which is allowed to occur, it can affect the baby adversely and in some cases, it can also be threatening to the life of the baby!
How does it affect a baby?
The problems which can erupt due to galactosemia include issues which affect organs such as the brain, eyes, liver and kidneys. It is interesting to take note of the fact that these are all organs which either have something to do either processing the blood or are heavily dependent on it. While a baby is not in the position in which he or she can communicate the issues that are being faced, when keeping an eye out for galactosemia, the signs which are displayed include an irritability of the baby as well as lacking consumption of the milk of the mother.
Even though galactosemia may not be the case, a doctor should be consulted as the exacerbated issue can include seizures and jaundice. It is to be kept in mind that galactose is something that can be found not only in the milk of the cow but also human milk as well as the milk of other animals such as goats.
My Daughter suffering from abeniotic band syndrome. What is abeniotic band syndrome? What is causes of this syndrome? How can we protect our children from this syndrome?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.