Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My eyes are always red. What is the reason behind this. Please suggest me proper medication for treatment.
I am 25yrs old male. Whenever I close my eye anytime of the day I feel it is burning (I can feel the body heat in my eyes). Because of this I think I feel tired all day. - What is the reason & solution?
Hello Doctor, I am 66 years and hope to have comparatively good health I had some eye right problem find lot is spider web type images some times for the last two years Some time it diminishes and some it comes again As per advise have used Tears natural lotion but the problem is still there In the recent past about one year back left eye got retinopathy which I have gone for a laser treatment and injection and thereafter I am ok and my vision is fine The right eye problem is still there and off late it is getting wet in the morning Could you please advise any medicine or the corrective action to be taken I have tested for sugar as well as BP both are in normal range Please advise Thanks
I have headache in forehead .My eyes number are 0.25 for left eye and 0.5 for right eye. Is the headache due to the number as my doctor said no need of wearing spectacles hence I do not use them. Pls advise.
Hello Dr. After 6 month I am feeling pain in my neak. I am worked in computer a long time. I am not used pillow after pain in my neak what can I do I am filling very uncumfateble. Pls Dr. help me.
I am diagnosed as case of atypical depression. From past few years I was not in mood of starting antidepressant medications. So after being seeing positive reviews of people on the internet and support from Lybrate doctors. Finally I got convinced to start medications. So started on tab. bupropion. Even I have seen some reviews on the internet where people are on antidepressants from several years. If antidepressants really works then why people are on antidepressants for years. Is it dependence or wht? I really don't want to knock with someone which will really make me addicted for lifetime.
Initially my eyes getting red so I have checked with doctor he said you have no number But still my eyes getting red.
I have a eyesight problem I am not able to see anything without my spikes I would have to do to improve my eyesight.
I had cataract surgery one week ago and my eyes are still very blurry, flickering, hurt/burning, side vision not good, I saw the local eye Dr. Today and he thinks I have an Eye Disease in the back of my eyes, he wants me to see a specialist in eye diseases, but the Dr. That did the surgery wants to.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.