Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uday Thanawala Thanawalla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uday Thanawala ThanawallaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend before 4 days. She got early periods today. Is this the sign of pregnancy. What can we do avoid pregnancy?
twice checked with Pregnancy kit and result is negative. Having irregular period problem this month, as last on 13 th december, kindly suggest proper checkup for above problems. Thanks.
Top 10 banana health benefits:
Bananas are among the most convenient food sources of potassium. This mineral is essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating normal blood pressure.
Numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of potassium-rich foods like bananas in lowering high blood pressure.
So much so that the food and drug administration (FDA) allows the banana industry to make official claims (much like they would a pharmaceutical drug) of their ability to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
The potassium in bananas is also beneficial for your kidneys and bones.
2. More energy:
Even with the proliferation of brightly colored 'sports' drinks, 'energy' bars and 'electrolyte' gels (these are loaded with unhealthy chemicals and coloring by the way) you often see athletes eating bananas just before and even.
Bananas make a great snack at work when your energy is lagging and while they might not be the most obvious weight loss food, they are only about 100 calories and can satisfy those sweet cravings.
You can replace candy bars and other junk foods with bananas, you might just have a really important step towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be much more steady and consistent.
3. Helps digestion:
Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber that most of us don't get nearly enough of. Fiber helps the food you eat move smoothly through the digestive tract and improves elimination.
A couple of bananas may be a healthier choice than laxatives to treat occasional constipation.
Turning to another important element of digestion, bananas are rich in fructo-oligosaccharides (fos for short thankfully). Fos is known as a prebiotic since it feeds the important friendly bacteria in the digestive tract that help us absorb nutrients more efficiently.
Bananas are also known to help relieve the symptoms of heartburn.
4. Good for ulcers:
Eating bananas regularly may help protect against stomach ulcers. Compounds in bananas seem to create a thicker protective barrier in the stomach against hydrochloric acid.
Bananas also contain protease inhibitors that work to eliminate certain bacteria in the stomach implicated as a major cause of stomach ulcers.
5. High in vitamin b6:
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin b6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
B6 is also involved in maintaining proper blood sugar levels, synthesizing and breaking down amino acids and producing antibodies for a stronger immune response in your body.
6. Vitamins and minerals:
The high levels of potassium and vitamin b6 already mentioned, bananas also have good levels of vitamin c, magnesium and manganese.
They are also a source of most of the other b vitamins and smaller amounts of trace minerals like iodine, iron, selenium and zinc.
7. Skin trearment:
Banana skins have been used externally to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
The freshly peeled inside of the banana skin is gently rubbed over the affected area and the residue left on. This might be better done on a day indoors or before bed to avoid the banana smell when out and about.
Banana peel treatments are even used to heal warts.
8. A cancer fighter:
Recent Japanese animal research linked bananas that are fully ripe (with the dark spots) to the production of a compound called tumor necrosis factor (tnf-a). This compound is a cytokine which is believed to have the potential to increase white blood cell count, thus enhancing your immunity and combating cancerous cell changes.
9. Improving your mood and reducing stress:
Bananas are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan which your body converts to serotonin. Proper serotonin levels help improve your mood, reduce stress and enhance your general outlook and happiness levels. It also helps regulate good sleep patterns.
Tryptophan is considered an essential amino acid because the only way your body gets it is through your diet. Bananas, while certainly not the highest source out there, are one of the easiest ways to get a little more tryptophan. Another reason why bananas make such a great snack for those stressed out at work.
10. A hangover cure:
Bananas are a great hangover food for mornings when you've overdone it a bit the night before. A couple of bananas in a blender with ice, some berries and coconut milk or organic cow's or goat's milk makes a really good recovery drink.
Hello sir, I got married on 29 Jan 2016 just I want to know that how many months it will take to get a pregnant to my wife and also we are not doing continuous sex because my job is far away to my home after 15 days I am coming to home for just 1 week. And that time only we are doing sex. So is it possible to get a pregnant sooner. That's it sir.
I am trying to conceive from two months and my medical test is also positive then what should we do for conceiving?
My girlfriend is 25 hears old she some time discharge a white sticky fluid from her vagina, but nowadays she has started discharging dark red sticky fluid in a very small quantity that too little what can be this, is it dangerous.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Did you notice blood from your gums in the morning while brushing or flossing? There are plenty of reasons behind bleeding gums. Some may be temporary while some may be severe. Here are some reasons which may be responsible for the bleeding of your gums.
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is the first and most initial stage of infection in the gums. A small amount of plaque and poor hygiene results in this condition which often leads to bleeding gums especially when you brush your teeth. But since this is the initial stage, brushing your teeth twice a day and maintain proper oral hygiene will cure the bleeding gums.
- Plaque: When plaque build-up on your gums becomes too much, it makes the gums come out from the teeth, and a gap develops thus causing bleeding. In the pockets that are formed between the gums and teeth, germs start accumulating. These germs start attacking the teeth and gums. When more and more germs accumulate, the bleeding also increases. With time this plaque become hard. The hardened plaque is called tartar. This stage is actually the second stage of gingivitis and is called the periodontitis.
- Medication: People who take medication for blood thinning usually experience bleeding gum problems. But you must be thinking how medicines can lead to bleeding gums? But the thing is that these medicines stop the blood from clotting and thus bleeding becomes much easier. If you face such a condition, pay a visit to your doctor and tell him about your medications.
- Change in Flossing Routine: A change in the regular flossing routine can also cause lead to bleeding gums. This has been reported in many patients. Suppose you haven’t flossed you teeth in the past few days or week and then you suddenly start your routine all over again then you are bound to have bleeding gums because your gums were habituated to a certain routine which you changed abruptly. The same condition will arise if you suddenly start flossing more times a day than you used to. Nothing unusual is good for your teeth. You should always be on a constant and regular flossing routine. However, bleeding due to flossing won’t continue forever.
- Change in Toothbrush: A change in your toothbrush may also lead to bleeding of gums. This happens because when you use a toothbrush for a considerable period, it becomes soft, but when you start using the new one, it is usually harder than the old one. This causes the gums to bleed. So always use a soft toothbrush, and if you are not so confident about the type of toothbrush you should use, talk to your dentist about it.
- Pregnancy: A type of gingivitis results at the time of pregnancy. Women experience bleeding from their gums and the gums swell considerably which happens mostly due to hormonal changes.
You should never give any unnecessary pressure on your gums and maintain a proper oral hygiene.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!