Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
After 11 month of partial knee meniscus removal surgery my right knee still feel pain and have a click sound.
Spine surgeries are complicated and have serious repercussions if the procedure doesn’t go as planned. Probing your doctor is therefore very critical to ensure a safe operation and early post-op recovery. Questions can range from the type of treatment chosen for speedy recovery to side effects. Here is a list of questions that you need to ask your spine surgeon:
1. Why is the surgery recommended?
Typically, there could be more than one treatment option for a particular problem. Your doctor should be able to tell you very precisely as to why the surgery is recommended and how it is going to address the problem.
2. Is there any non-surgical option?
Many spine related issues can be treated with medicines and physiotherapy. Ask your doctor if such options exist.
3. Explain the surgical procedure in detail
Your doctor should explain the whole surgical procedure, explaining the minute details and help will help you to understand the implications.
4. What is the duration of the surgery?
Spine surgeries do not take more than 2 hours. It, however, depends on the procedure that is being performed.
5. How will the surgery address the pain?
It is important to know the source of the pain. Exploratory surgeries are not performed on the spine. Ask your doctor how he intends to address the pain through the surgery.
6. What are the risks involved?
Risks and side effects vary from patient to patient. For instance, a person with obesity, spondylitis and smoking has greater chances of complications associated with the operation.
7. Will the doctor perform the whole procedure or he will use practicing surgeons and intern for the job?
Many senior surgeons use interns and junior surgeons to perform a minor procedure. Get a clear understanding of the role of the doctor and his assistants. It is a good idea to know the background if the surgical team who is going to perform the procedure.
8. What is the success rate of the doctor for the procedure he is going to perform?
A successful spine surgeon should be able to give you valid data on his/her success rate and the overall success rate of surgeons all across the country.
9. How many days do you need to spend in hospital?
Your hospital stay is directly related to your insurance. It is essential to get a clear picture on the same.
10. Whether a back brace is necessary after surgery?
Limiting the spine movement speed the process of healing. Most Doctors suggest braces after a spine surgery.
11. What is the time required for recovery?
The recovery greatly varies from patient to patient. What you should ask your Doctor is the expected time required for you to join your job/school.
12. Will there be any physical limitation after the operations?
Many spine surgeries require you to refrain from strenuous jobs for a while. For instance, certain surgeries require you to stay away from driving for a while. Address all these apprehensions from your doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In my left knee m having pain alot while walking it's suddenly bent down and also their is alot of pain why it will be happening ?
Hi, I am suffering from back pain since three months. Doctor told it is because of age factor by seeing X-ray. Prescribed Rapisone DSR Cap, Acuvin Tab, Rabbi DSR Cap, Ruby Gel and advised some exercise. But there was no relief after completion of dosage. My digestive system is not good. Even after proper diet feels very weak. Please guide.
Fell down from bike 25 days ago. Wrist injured during the incident an x-ray has been taken which shows no significant fracture hence MRI has been taken MRI shows no abnormality still my wrist pains while moving fingers there is weakness in my fingers and I can't hold anything with fingers properly movement in my wrist is restricted to some extent it's very painful in some movement.
The fast pace of modern life and sedentary work lives are affecting the physical health and posture of most people. As a result, persistent issues of back pain and slipped discs have emerged in the public health discourse. Health experts note that age remains a prime factor behind such health conditions; however, smoking and the consumption of alcohol can also aggravate these conditions in most people. In addition, obesity and excess body weight can trigger back pain and slipped disc.
Symptoms of slipped discs
Slipped discs manifest themselves in shoulder pain and uneasiness in the neck and arms. Patients that suffer from this condition also experience numbness in the upper arm. Back pain remains the primary symptom of this problem and tends to worsen at night. Also, patients may experience muscle weakness at night and a sensation of burning pain in the affected area. Advanced stages of slipped discs make it impossible for patients to walk short distances.
Medical intervention seeks to diagnose the symptoms and relieve the discomfort caused by slipped discs. Doctors also recommend methods to prevent recurrence. Conventional allopathic treatment advocates the use of painkillers or traction. This line of treatment can trigger side effects; in certain cases, treatment may not meet with much success.
The benefits of opting the Ayurvedic way
Ayurvedic treatments can help patients to avoid surgery. This form of traditional Indian medicine is safe and effective for patients of all age groups. The treatment is 100% natural and therefore, it does not cause any unwanted side effects or discomfort in the body. Ayurveda stresses on holistic healing; the practitioners of Ayurveda often create a detailed treatment plan for all patients that seek their help. However, patients must be advised to take consultations from a trained medical practitioner.
Resort to Ayurveda for a complete cure
- Patients can seek Ayurvedic treatments because these offer a tangible alternative for the treatment of prolapsed discs. According to Ayurveda, slipped disc problems may be triggered by the imbalance of the Vata element in the human body. Ayurvedic treatment targets this imbalance, and helps restore the basic function and strength of the healthy human body. Ayurvedic treatment also targets weaknesses in the lower part of the body.
- Ayurvedic medications comprise herbal tablets, capsules, decoctions, and oils. These applications remain very effective in providing relief to patients suffering from mild to moderate back pain and the associated symptoms of slipped discs.
- Patients suffering from chronic back pain with severe intensity may be required to undertake Ayurvedic therapies like Swedana or Sudation therapy. Abhyanga therapy can also be applied through the use of medicated oils. Shodana therapy, which helps to detoxify the body, is also a recommended course of treatment. These interventions are used to heal the nerves so that the symptoms of a herniated disc and muscular spasms are alleviated.
If the back pain has been a nagging concern for a while now, it is time, you consult an Ayurvedic practitioner, and take the way to complete recovery from the pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!