Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SushilYour feedback matters!
Caring for their look is no longer only restricted to women, men care about their looks just as much as women. In fact, it would be more suitable to say that majority of today's population cares about their looks and appearance. In an effort to look younger many men now-a-days are turning to Botox injections in order to get a more youthful appearance. There is no significant difference between Botox effects on men and women.
Here are nine things that men can expect with Botox treatment:
1. A Ten Minute Procedure: The actually process of getting a Botox injection does not take longer than 10 to 15 minutes. There is no need for anesthesia and it can easily be performed as an outpatient procedure. A Botox injection is relatively pain-free.
2. Get Back to Work: Botox is a procedure that you can get done even on your lunch break. Since it does not involve anesthesia of any kind, you can get straight back to the office within an hour of having the procedure. However, it is best to avoid strenuous activities and exercising for a week after the procedure.
3. Quick Results: Botox results are not immediate but can be seen within 3 to 5 days of the injection being given. Optimal results can be noted 2 weeks after the process.
4. Swelling and Bruising: Mild swelling is observed at the injection site, which resolves in max 1-2 hours, bruising is very rare, but if happens resolves on its own in 2-3 days maximum and can be easily concealed with light make up.
5. Effects that Last 4 to 6 Months: Botox injections do make you look younger, but its effects do not last forever. The effect of Botox injections usually lasts for 4 to 6 months. After this, you will need to go through the procedure again to maintain the youthful appearance.
6. Slowed Pace of Aging: Botox can also be used as a preventive measure when it comes to aging. Many men find that Botox can help prevent the formation of wrinkles and soften fine lines.
7. Headaches: Though Botox injections are also a form of treatment for chronic migraines, one of the side effects of Botox is a mild headache. This should resolve itself within a few hours and is not something to worry about.
8. A Few Side-Effects: Generally no untoward side effects are noted if done with the right technique , some rare side effects are drooping of eyelids which resolves on its own in 2 months.
9. Compliments: 'Rested, refreshed, good'; These are some of the words you should get used to hearing when people talk about the way you look. As long as you use Botox in moderation and get the procedure done by an experienced doctor, you should be ready to look fabulous.
I have got a dark mark below the corners of my mouth. It appeared suddenly a month ago. What's causing it and how to treat it?
Please my prolactin level is 96.4 and am not pregnant or been pregnant before my breast is very painful and the bones of my hand and feet hurt and my veins hurt too and I have milk discharge in my two breasts whenever I press it please what could be the cause.
I have acne problem and pimple also I have taken lot of medicine as well as tried Ayurvedic medicines but no results now day by day my face is getting like old with pores wrinkles and all any medicine which can make my skin recover as new skin.
I have some skin rashes till 16 day, doctor prescribe me permethrin cream 5 %, I'm following his instructions but I have no improvement, what should I do now?
I am a 21 year old boy having tan or say black face compared to my body. It turned like this 4 years ago what to do.
My sister is extremely unwell. She had a fever of 104.7° since the past two days. She's a little better now. The fever is gone but she's got rashes all throughout her body. She even lost three kgs. Plus, her body ache isn't improving. It's been miserable since the very first day. Is it something serious? How much time will it take for her to recover completely?
For some people, the simple act of walking can be very uncomfortable. This is because they may be suffering from a heel spur. Heel spurs are calcium deposits that cause a bony protrusion on the underside of the heel bone. Heel spurs themselves may be painless but walking or jogging can make the person like a knife or pin is sticking into his or her sole. This may also be felt while standing up after being seated for a long time. Heel spurs do not heal on resting and usually need medical attention. Some ways of treating a heel spur are-
Stretching Exercises: Heel spur exercises help strengthen the tissue in the heel and increases the fascia and Achilles tendon flexibility. This, in turn, helps reduce the pain and prevents a recurrence of the condition. Try standing with both feet apart and flex your knees while squatting. Keep your heels on the ground for as long as possible.
Wearing The Right Shoes: Wearing shoes that do not fit well is one of the leading causes for heel spurs. When buying shoes look for a firm heel counter, a ¾-1 1/2 inch heel, a long vamp, semi-rigid or rigid shank and a toe box that is wide enough to accommodate your toes without pinching them.
Taping or Strapping to Rest Stressed Muscles and Tendons: Taping or strapping your foot tightly can help protect the fascia and allow the spur to heal. It also rests the muscles and tendons and distributes the pressure being put on them.
Shoe Inserts or Orthotic Devices: Using an insole can help cushion the heel and reduce the pain of a heel spur. It also reduces the impact felt while walking or standing.
Physical Therapy: Physiotherapy for heel spurs aims at strengthening the foot and calf muscles. Your doctor will try and gradually increase the possible range of motion and restore muscle control in the foot arch. You will also be taught how to improve your running and landing techniques.
Medication: Over the counter medication like ibuprofen may help temporarily ease the pain caused by heel spurs. In some cases, corticosteroid injections may also be prescribed to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Surgery: If there is no improvement in a heel spur within 9 to 12 months, surgery may be considered to remove the spur or release the plantar fascia. However, this is rare and most heel spurs do not need surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.