Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I have difficulty and dealing with maths and numbers as a result I have to mug up making me ineffective and inefficient how can I deal with these.
Hi. I'm facing some strange issue with my consciousness, thoughts, etc. In daily routine. Listed as below: 1) forget minor things, and need efforts to remember. 2) don't feel things around me consciously until I give efforts at looking them, 3) have forgot the past things consciously, need to think very consciously to remember, due to which loss of remembering the past small things which have learnt. 4) things happened just before 2 months, seems once upon a time and opposite sometimes. Its like feeling of time and period is not in order. 5) not able to reason, and use my intellectual in work due to my internal mental situation felt inside. 6) think deeply for a small thing and moving on to endless other thoughts and imagination. 7) no change in mood most often, no happiness, no sadness, no worries, no enthusiasm, carelessness for a particular thing, lost interest, laziness etc. I have been addicted to alcohol since used to have two 750 ml bottle every weekend. However it's now cut down to 2 bottles a month since 1.5 months. I have habit of smoking cigarettes, and also 2-4 puffs of weed every night dat is the days I don't consume alcohol. I have been in a lonely mode since few years, like no socialising with people, and now I feel odd being social due to my behavior, and I become self conscious, while doing the same. My current diet is simple home made food, green tea with lemon juice and honey in morning, 2-3 small cups of coffee or tea per day. I'm not facing any issues with my appetite or digestion, or any other physical issues. I want to know the reason and solution to current mental situation, as I'm not liking the feeling of what I'm feeling now inside. I want an advice how to work this out.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.
How can I cure my brain imbalance? My thinking power is lost now? This happen due to less sleep at night few months age?
I love her but she has died. Now at that instant I feel alone without her can you tell me what I have to do.
What is the meaning of sclerosis along the anterior aspect of si joints? Is it hardening of the bones or tissues surrounding si joints? Please help me. I am worried a lot.
I a 16 year old teenager with moderate depression and occasional suicidal thoughts since November 2014. Which medicine should I take to treat myself and avoid side effects considering that I go to school and side effects will affect my academics.
Due to anxiety I lose erection at the tym of penetration. I can not have sex for that as my gf is virgin n her vagina is so thin. Bt at home I get so hard at the time of masturbation. What should I do? Is there any homeopathic medicine for that?
Stress in mechanics is a load, pull or force or a system of forces producing a strain. In life, any event or situation that produces a strain therefore induces a physiological strain.
At work place, a system of forces work to produce desired results which more often than not produce a state of strain or makes an individual's life stressful. But the consequences of chronic stress are not just on individual health and well being but on the organizations as well. This affects the productivity and competitiveness. When an organisation faces a challenge, the flight or fright reaction ensues leading to increased threat perception, alertness and activity. In short term, it can improve productivity, but in case a state of threat is perpetually present like in case of a team led by an anxious or high strung individual, it produces chronic stress leading to lowering of performance. More often, sources of stress at work place are poor communication, unclear roles, discrepancies in expectations and skills, insecurity and sudden and significant change in work structure , to list a few.
Sources of Organisational Stress
Unclear role / objectives
Role conflict (project management)
Over / under promotion
Lack of training
Social or physical isolation
Unrealistic deadlines / targets
Lack of control over decisions
Lack of feedback on good performance
Work overload / underload
Long working hours
The nervous system of an individual facing work stress due to any factor will react by producing a flight or fight response with ensuing physiological and/or psychological changes. These changes produce behavioural effects which if prolonged can be identified as signs of stress. While physical effects of stress lead to higher sick leaves, accident and absenteeism, psychological effects cause high anxiety and irritability leading to lower performance, disturbances in interpersonal relationship and more mistakes and miscalculations due to disturbance in concentration and self confidence .
Signs of rising stress:
Loss of pleasure in things once enjoyed
Irritability and impatience
Tiredness, lack of energy
Inability of concentrate, meet deadlines or make decisions
Increasing cynicism or loss of trust
Sense of losing control over events
Concerns over the effects of organizational stress on productivity, absenteeism and health related problems and consumption have substantially increased over past few decades. Employee health and well being are important assets to organizations and businesses. The Human Resource Department thus needs to watch for signs of stress in the employees and create an environment where the effects of stress can be mitigated. It requires understanding individual skills and deficiencies, clear and adequate communication, promoting an environment where deficiencies can be worked on without lowering self esteem or producing insecurity, encouraging support among team/staff members etc. On a personal level, individuals need to reduce stress by prioritizing their goals and following time management and self -fulfilment activities.
Ways to control stress
Participate in decisions
Ensure travel commitments are reasonable
Make time for yourself
Allocate 'self' time
Pursue a hobby
Look after yourself
An in house counsellor who can maintain confidentiality and acts a bridge between the organization leaders and teams goes a long way in ensuring adequate stress management.
Depression is a psychological condition that can drain your hope, energy and drive. The things that you once rejoiced might not be pleasurable anymore. Meanwhile, overcoming depression isn't quick or easy and it is recommended that you opt for counselling or professional support to help you through. At the same time, you need to avoid these practices, which tend to increase the intensity of depressive symptoms.
These are the things you should avoid while suffering from depression.
1. Avoid Staying Alone: When you are depressed, you might not feel pleasure in things you used to enjoy earlier. This might result in social isolation, making you lonelier and more depressed than ever. But living in social situations, meeting people will actually help you. It can take off your mind from the feelings of depression and while meeting people might not seem as enjoyable as it did before, it can certainly help in overcoming the feelings of loneliness.
2. Avoid NOT Seeking Help: Most of the people are unable to differentiate between sadness and depression. But if you are someone who has been feeling intensely sad for no reason, then you are probably depressed. So, don't avoid seeking help. Approach a therapist, even online if you want more confidentiality and privacy. A counsellor can actually help in overcoming the feeling of depression.
3. Avoid White Foods: Processed foods or white foods are simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression. The surge of insulin will initially make you feel happier, but once that's surge goes down, you will begin to feel depressed again. This will even trigger hunger and particular cravings, which in turn affect depression symptoms negatively.
4. Products with Aspartame: Aspartame can lower the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's associated with mood. Therefore, eating aspartame can increase the intensity of your depression symptoms, may result in insomnia as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Steps to Keeping Your Cool and Saving Your Relationships - Tips by Relationship Counselor Shivani Misri Sadhoo
Relationship counsellor Shivani Sadhoo suggests that when we are under anger attack from our loved ones, the first instinct that works for us is – either to fight back immediately or getting shocked or surprised how to react – these two reactions generally make the situation worse.
The right thing one should practice is MINDFULNESS. That is building the ability to judge and understand the crisis situation first and then react accordingly. Here are some simple steps to improve your interpersonal skills and to save your valuable relationships in the time of a fight.
Identify your impulse that precedes your anger response.
When you get angry the moment prior reacting to our anger our body shows some impulse, i.e. sensation that rises up through our body prior launching anger reaction—these impulses are like - rapid heartbeat, feeling heat in your ears , raising your voice, clenching your jaw (different people have different kind of impulses). When you can pick up on these warning signs, you can give yourself time to make a deliberate choice. At that moment, you are practicing anger management.
Control the impulse.
The goal is to keep your body and mind in control if you're quick to fight, give yourself a time-out: shift your focus on your body instead. Concentrate on feeling the heat beneath you, then take long deep breaths from your diaphragm; try inhaling through your nose on a count of two, holding till six and exhaling through your mouth on seven.
Accept extreme anger is wrong
Many of us believe the expression of anger is a sign of strength or an instrument of self-defence. It is true to some extent BUT when anger gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to all kind of problems —problems at work, in our personal relationships, worsens our BP & heart condition and in the overall quality of your life. It can make you feel as though you are at the mercy of an unpredictable and powerful emotion. Remember that unless we accept extreme anger is BAD no matter what we practice or think, we cannot improve ourselves and lead a healthy and happy life.
My Spouse has the habit of getting away, & asking for even Suicide.in small things, not happening as per her thoughts/Acceptance, very short tempered, 9 She does not have parents, Age 45, got recently married. Myself being calm & quiet, always try best to keep her happy. Still I am worried. Please advice a solution/Medicine/Cure.
Hey I was in relastnshp with a girl due to some problem we broke up.Now can't forget her I m consulting a phyciatrist he gave me some depression tablets.Even though I can't forget her.And tried to suicide myself many time.I don't knw wat can I do.Now I am gonna finish my higher studies.I can't write my public xams well.I got seat in a big college.I want my happiness back n wanna grow big in my future.Please help me and give me some tips to stop thinking of her.
I am suffering from anxiety or depression, due to which I am not able to sleep properly and I also feel fully exhaust even after a over night sleep.
I am a graduate student. I am suffering from kind of diversion condition. Could you please help me how to overcome this harassment situation so that I can live my life peacefully. I will be glad if I can get help as soon as possible. Thank you.
When you think of bed, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, sleep and sex are probably the first things you think of; however, your bed can be used for more than both. It can be a place where you and your partner can unwind and grow your relationship through talking.
Pillow talk, as many couples affectionately call it, is such an important part of a healthy relationship. Talking to your spouse before you both drift off to sleep can be extremely intimate, and there doesn’t have to be any intimate touching involved.