Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am a 27 year old guy have OCD symptoms since around 1997 but suffering from it severely since 3 years and also currently jobless. Stress and tension due to job problems and love failure has broken me internally since 10 days. So how can I get rid of this problem?
Sir, what are the symptoms of depression and what are charges for check up of depression. Please sir give me the answer?
In today's world, the number of working moms all over the world is more than ever. Such women have a huge two-fold task of balancing between work and home, which includes looking after their children and managing their work at office. Balancing the two ends can make life hard for a working mother.
Here are some effective ways to find balance in motherhood for working mothers:
- Find good child care: While you are out for work all day, it is very important for you to get a good babysitter or nanny for your child. You could should seek references from people and find a patient and quality babysitter for your child. It is important to manage and evaluate the babysitter on all the criteria you require. An experienced and friendly sitter would make your child comfortable.
- Keep the morning easy: Get things organized at night so that you can keep the mornings hassle free. Use the mornings to prepare your child’s lunch and laying out clothes. Plan all kinds of family schedules during this time.
- Maintain a family calendar: You should maintain a calendar to figure out the priorities of your family. You can maintain bill payment dates, a chore calendar for your kids, a list of all important events and other required charts. This will enable you to maintain everything, in spite of your busy schedule and enable you to strike a better balance.
- Stay connected during daytime: You should try to stay connected with your children, even when you are away. You should call them frequently or send them cute messages or voice recordings and videos. This will keep them happy and they will miss you less. They will be more comforted and feel loved that you are near instead of being away at work.
- Keep away from distractions and time wasters: You should stay disciplined and maintain a limit on making phone calls or checking mails. Try to do these activities when your children are asleep. Cut down your television watching time and spend the evenings with your partner. When you are spending time with your children, do not multitask and give them your total attention. At work, try not to waste time and return home as soon as work gets over.
- Arrange family activities: You must make time for your kids in order to nurture your bond and get along with them. During their growing up phase, your child requires a major chunk of your time. Make special family dinners, watch movies with your family in the home theater and engross in different games. Spending time with your partner is also very important.
Life is quite difficult for working mothers who have to balance work and family together. In order to maintain a balance, follow the above-mentioned measures and lead a happy and fulfilling life.
I just wanna know am I suffering from depression. I am a medical student. Appeared my entrance as v all know there r great complications in this procedure. I just wanna know the symptomsas well as the do and don't to get rigid of depression.
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society.
I got bad marks in board exam that's why I am feeling very Depressed and that's why I started drinking alcohol. How can I get rid of this bad habit?
I'm taking medicine for last 16 month. But till my mind is not running i'm very dissappointed with this. Cause it reflects on my studies & relationship with others familly member! when I go to my college I always read this sentence in riksha or turck" jo baka takeef to rehvani" why my mind is nt running? doctor say my mind is slow down so pleasePlease help me.
Sir Muje kahi baar stress or tension ki wajah se anxiety or high Blood pressure ho jata ha. Or ke liye koi proper medicine or parhage M occasionally drink or smoking krta hu.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it.
I am 34 years old female I feel so depressed nowadays and not able to come out from the situations sometimes makes me feel and draw back feeling that I can't do anything in my life and unfit to live.
Hi, i am in depression since 4 yerars, most of the time I think about suicide i am hopeless from life.
Suicide is a type of Deliberate Self Harm (DSH) and is defined as a human act of self-intentioned and self-inflicted death. It ends with fatal outcome. Suicide is among the top ten causes of death in India and most other countries. It is also one of the most important psychiatric emergencies all over the world.
Most of the times, suicidal attempts don’t go unaccompanied with warning signs and risk factors. Either the behaviour of a person or the way he talks acts as warning. In order to relate what warning signs a person with suicidal inclination can give, read further.
How can talking help identity a Suicide Warning signs?
1.The person often talks about committing suicide
2.The person sees life as meaningless and without any vigor
3.The person feels like he is a burden on those connected to him
4.The person wishes to seek revenge from someone who hurt him emotionally
5.The person feels like he has been trapped in his life and doesn’t enjoy it
6.The person suffers from unbearable psychological or physical pain
How can behavior help in identifying suicide warning signs?
The inclination of a person towards suicidal thoughts increases if he starts to show a new type of behavior or if he shows negative changes in behavior. Such behavioral changes often follow loss of a loved one, any painful change or unacceptable events.
The person starts to give away some of his most valuable possessions.
The person suffers from panic attacks.
The person starts to call his friends and relatives to bid goodbye.
The person shows changes in sleeping habits like sleeping too little or too much.
The person withdraws from day-to-day activities which once formed an indispensable part of his life.
The person starts to act irresponsibly.
The person increases the consumption of alcohol or usage of drugs.
The person searches for ways to kill oneself and searches for poison, guns or other drugs online.
Identifying the Risk Factors of a Potential Suicide
The presence of risk factors increases the likelihood of a suicidal attempt. The greater is the number of risk factors, the greater the risks. Generally, there are three main heads under which suicidal risk factors can be classified. These are:
Close acquaintance with a suicide incident
Life events that cause stress such as loss of beloved, divorce or loss of job
Never-ending stress such as marriage or relationship troubles, job issues, harassment, etc.
Gaining access to certain deadly means such as guns or drugs
Problems related to mental health (Depression, Schizophrenia ,Borderline personality disorder)
Excessive alcohol consumption
Suicidal tendency of an individual can be linked with historical factors such as:
Prior history of any suicidal attempts by the individual in the past
If the person’s family had any history of suicidal attempts or suicidal deaths in the past
Misconceptions Regarding Suicide
People who talk about suicide don’t commit suicide
Suicide happens without warning
Suicidal persons are fully intent on dying
Once a person is suicidal, he is suicidal for ever
All suicidal persons are mentally ill or psychotic
What should you do if you suspect that someone is at the risk of committing suicide?
Consider it a serious situation.
Do not leave the person alone even for a moment.
Inspect physical surroundings and remove all means of committing suicide, such as sharp objects ropes, drugs, and fire arms. Also search patient thoroughly. Hide all fatal means like drugs or firearms which you think he can use to harm himself.
Take the person to an emergency ward or a psychiatrist if you feel that the condition of person is crossing limits.