Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Surekha MudeYour feedback matters!
My question is a 19 years boy can kiss a 35 years women can kiss upto 15 min or not and it's better to have closed relationships with her .
Is mama-protinex is good for the pregnant lady (6th month. My wife's doctor suggested her to take. How much she can take? And is there is any side effect of this protein powder.
Hi I am 33 and suffering from palpitations and ectopic, but from last 8 years pls suggest me some treatment for permanent cure.
Dear doctor. I am 23 years old. During my periods there is some whitish discharge going sometime. Is it the normal that white discharge goes during periods .or it is my blood only which is in whitish colour. Or something serious. I have regular periods but I get bleeding for only 3 days. Also I guess I have less blood in my body. Please help.
I am 23 years old and I have discovered 2 big lumps on my shoulder. What should I do now. Is it very serious?
Folic acid is an important form of vitamin B, which women must take during pregnancy. It is a form of man-made vitamin B known as folate. Folate plays a significant role in producing red blood cells and helps in the development of your baby’s neural tube into the brain and spinal cord, preventing any kind of birth defects in your baby. Birth defects of the brain or spinal cord may occur in early stages of pregnancy.
Therefore, by the time a woman discovers her pregnancy, it may become too late to prevent the defects.
How much folic acid should be taken?
A woman should start taking folic acid within the first three to four weeks of pregnancy, as birth defects may occur during this time. Women who start taking folic acid a year before getting pregnant produce healthy babies without birth defects.
400 mcg of folic acid is the recommended dose for all women who are of childbearing age and also in the first trimester of pregnancy. Multivitamins with the recommended amount of folate and folic acid supplements are generally prescribed as they help the mother deliver a healthy child. From the fourth to ninth month of pregnancy, the dose must be increased to 600 mcg.
Benefits of folic acid
Without sufficient folic acid in your body, the neural tube of your developing baby may not close properly. This may lead to neural tube defects, which include:
1. Spina bifida, a condition where the spinal cord or vertebrae develop incompletely. A baby with spina bifida may be disabled permanently.
2. Anencephaly, a condition that features incomplete development of the brain. Babies affected with anencephaly do not live long.
Having a sufficient supply of folic acid prevents these neural defects from developing in your baby.
Taking folic acid before and during pregnancy protects your baby against many other conditions. They include:
1. Cleft lip and palate
2. Low weight during birth
3. Chances of miscarriage
4. Premature birth
Folic acid also reduces the risk of developing pregnancy complications in the mother such as heart diseases, stroke, several cancers and Alzheimer’s disease. Folic acid is naturally found in dark-green vegetables, which you must consume in abundance. Other sources of folic acid include fortified breakfast cereals, beef liver, lentils, egg noodles and great northern beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is having uti. It occurs very frequently. After comletin the antibiotic course it seems am fit but again reoccurs. Can you tell me whether excessive use of condoms is the cause or what else. Give me remedy and say me whether it will create prob for pregnency.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Last week after the masturbation she started to express more sexual feelings. Like she tried to seduce n seek elder boys in her school n neibourhood to hav sex with her. We tried some pills to reduce it but she didn't taking pills. When she cross the limits of seduction to many boys, I gave her permission to have sex with me and relatives support it for once. So we did a sexual intercourse, including vaginal intercourse. But after the sex she seems to be fully satisfied n she said that, now she is not having hypersexual feelings or desires. Is this activity would reduce her hypersexual feelings doctor? We cannot ask this to any one. So we selected this way. Pls reply sir. There are no other way to seek.
Hi, I am pregnant for less than one month I don't want this to happen. What is the best way to get rid of this? Thank you.
I hv very severe pain in my breast bt there is no cyst (ghat), Dr. Recommended me codesoft capsules for 1 month, my treatment is going on bt still I hv pain. Wht to do then? Plzz suggest me any solution for this.
As I have girlfriend and want to know the best safe time to have sex with her, so she didn't get pregnant, mean without the protection, Safe sex. As the pleasure without condom is like aha and with it just ok.
I do not get periods from last two months my last periods come on april 20 nd I checked with prega news three times but the results are negative nd from last wednesday night to saturday evening I tale norlut -n tablets thrice a day and now when I get the periods please tell or help me how I get the periods.
Hi. I am 26 years old women. Can you tell me. How many eggs does a women produce each month. Nd in which time in a month. Nd my menses days goes only 2 day in a month. Cn you tel me which times good for conciv baby for me.
Had unprotected intercourse on 28 June & taken unwanted 72 within 1 hour. Somehow taken another unwanted 72 on 30 June. Had very very less period on 5th July. UPT done on 17 July & 1st August which are negative. Ultrasound done on 1st August & it was also negative. My Average period date was 1st of every month. Now I am not having any Symptom of the period. Can it lead to pregnancy? Please suggest what to do now. Regards.
Hi my age is 21. I am a female. Actually yesterday I has some kind of vaginal spotting for the first time in life .I thought that my periods have started because my date in the previous month was 14th but I am only having drop drop from yesterday only three drops I do not know what has happened .Do I need to visit a doctor? plus I do some exercise daily . I do rope skipping upto 100 repetitions yesterday I did 200 is that a reason or is there ny other reason .Please suggest me something that will help me for the same. I am really worried .Also I have that lower bck pain wch usually occurs in period days? Today as well there is only few spots? Why did I get this? My periods were always very normal.
My sister who is 26 years old doesn't got periods till 34 days. Now what should she do. Any precaution and medicine. She is unmarried.
Falling ill is part of life, and it helps to make our immune system stronger. We get exposed to a whole new generation of viruses and bacteria that our forefathers probably never heard of, while some disease-causing organisms such as streptococcus have stood the test of time. This particular strain causes the condition erysipelas, and we will be discussing everything about this type of illness.
Erysipelas is mostly seen amongst people who are old as they are usually at the highest risk of contracting it. However, it can also strike people who do not have a high level of immunity. In addition to this, the infection can spread across the skin at a rapid pace that a person is likely to be taken aback if one does not know what erysipelas looks like.
- Signs to watch out for: The first sign of the infection is a small red dot which expands to include a much larger area within the space of just a few hours. If the problem goes on for too long without getting treated, other symptoms which start cropping up include fevers, blisters on the affected areas of the skin as well as swollen glands, which can be quite painful.
- Catch it early: When a person has even the shadow of doubt that he or she may have erysipelas, it important to visit adoctor,as the condition should be nipped in the bud. This is usually done by providing some penicillin in the form of tablets. Instead of tablets, a syrup may also be used. If the severity of the condition demands that it be done, the patient may also be injected with a special form of penicillin.
If a person does not call the doctor quickly as he or she should, it could lead to complications. This will make treating the case of erysipelas all the more difficult and a long drawn-out affair. Now, it can be fully understood, if the patient is allergic to penicillin. The good news is that there are alternatives which have about the same level of efficacy. Erythromycin may have a fancy name, but if a person allergic to penicillin ever happens to contract erysipelas, he or she is likely to be a recipient of it.
In spite of all of this, conventional medicine has better alternatives such as homeopathic treatment, to cure erysipelas. In fact, homeopathic treatment is rising in popularity due to the lack of side effects and the universality of its applicability. This means that it does not matter that people are allergic to penicillin at all. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.