Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Supriya Patil
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya PatilYour feedback matters!
A sink diseases ring worm has taken place in penis. Having itching and not felling comfortable. What kind of medicine should be taken?
After 50. For men. What precaution to b taken for a supple skin. Mine is oily and I still get pimples. Etc. Which leaves a black mark What is the remedy.
Hi. I'm 22 years old female. I was born fair. My body is still fair but my face has been tanned. Even if I go for anti tanning face regimes it's not as fair as my body or even as fair I it used to be when I was born. Is there any remedy or anything I could do to restore my complexion back ?
Hi I am 24 year old I have psoriasis in my nails and in my head this psoriasis. It causes large pain sometimes in my nails. My nails are destroyedby this psoriasis.
I am suffering from itching in my scalp and sever dandruff and also black spots are over the scalp. I have taken medicine.
Hello ! I have a consistent problem of acne and pimples. Medical ointments and gels reduce them temporarily but a permanent solution is required. Also , redeness of skin the respective areas is persistent. Thanks
Skin pigmentation disorders are dermatological complications that make the skin look lighter or darker than usual; your body produces either too much or too little of melanin which is a pigment that protects the body from ultraviolet rays and imparts color to the eyes, hair and skin. Hyper pigmentation is a condition wherein your body produces too much of melanin.
Pigmentation disorders are caused due to internal as well as external factors. The internal factors include pregnancy, hormonal imbalances and endothelial cells. The external factors include exposure to UV rays, burns, effects of certain chemicals, dietary imbalances, stress and other underlying disorders.
Types of hyper-pigmentation
- Lentigines, also known as liver spots, are associated with aging and exposure to UV rays
- Melasma is mainly associated with pregnancy, caused due to hormonal fluctuations
- Albinism, caused due to complete lack of melanin which causes excessively white skin and hair
- Vitiligo, a condition that develops on the wrists and the hands, due to lightening or de-pigmentation of the skin
Complex Treatments of Pigmentation
- Laser surfacing: This is a surgical procedure in which laser is used for improving the appearance of your skin. It also corrects the facial flaws by removing the outer layers of your skin. The following are two types of Laser Surfacing:
- Carbon dioxide: This kind of laser is used for treating wrinkles, scars, and warts. Erbium laser removes the superficial and moderately deeper lines and marks from the hands, face, chest and neck.
- Dermabrasion: In this procedure, a wire brush or diamond wheel with rough edges is used for removing and leveling the upper layer of the skin. The area treated heals and new skin forms at the site. It is mostly used for facial correction. It may take a few weeks or even months for getting the desired results. This technique can be successfully applied on scars, superficial acne scars, skin growths, age spots, skin lesions, sun-damaged skin and crow’s feet.
- Chemical peel: This technique is applied for correcting pigmentation from the neck, face and hands. A chemical solution is rubbed on the skin that gets exfoliated and eventually peels off. The new skin that grows in its place is less prone to wrinkling, but is more sensitive to the sun. There are a few types of chemical peels; such as Superficial or lunchtime peel, Medium peel and Deep peel.