Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SumanYour feedback matters!
Dr. I have allergies, and my eyes are affected the most, they, re puffy, red and itchy. What can I do?
I am 18 years old and I eant to ask that my eyesight is to weak what should I do to increase my eyesight.
I am 71 years old I am always gets weep from eyes, some docters said it is allergy, what should I have to do ? 2. I am having joint pains for long 4 years reumotology treatment follows but not so well give me suggestion.
I uses spectacles for clear vision, my right eye need -4. 50 & left eye need -6. 00 power glasses. My vision is 6/6. I just wanted to know the alternatives to remove my spectacles like lasic lazer, contact lenses etc. I have heard about the lenses inserted between the cornea & eye, is is technique came to india or not and this technique is safer from lasic lazer or not.
I am 25 year old, I have eye problem since 2 months when I use computer 2-3 hours my eyes are blurred.
Hello sir/mam, How can I take care of my eyes in situations like, I have to work whole day long on computer screen about 6 to 9 hours keeping in mind that I have specs since 6 years?
My eyes are too reddish since last two weeks. I am feeling very shame when talking to others. What should I do for quick relief of my eyes.
I am suffering from vision problem. Often feel headache and tired. What I need to do. I have to spend my time in study.
My right eye has been itching from many days, its been concerning me very much because it happens a lot and lasts very long. Is there any way to get relief of it?
Sir I have red eye at evening since last 10 days and pain in my eye and also stomach is in good condition, in morning time when stomach will clear than no problem but when it is not clear than automatically itching problem and eye pain come, please help me sir.
I am 17 years old, and a programmer always stick to my computer. I am facing constant headache since 2 months ago. Now reduce the usage of computer but headache is as constant as it was, what can I do?
Hii docs hi have a problem I am a model in these days I have darkcircles in my eyes itz nt good fr my carrier so please suggest me some better treatment asap result will b happen very fast.
I have temporary squint and I am able to see things clearly whenever I am seeing squint. But whenever I am trying to see straight with both eyes the vision gets blurred. What could be the problem?
I have red eyes what shall I do Should I consult a doctor Or will it go by itself I have no pain just red eyes.
My eye is kcaratoconoused I got c3r done. Will my huge power of 7 decrease after continuously wearing the power glasses.
My eye site get low -1.75 then I use itone eye drop then it come -1.50 if I use this eye drop regularly will my eyes cure.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty