Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SUBHASH S MALGEYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir my child has a 3 year old and his skin of penis is not properly up and down. What can I do?
My son is 16 months old but he is not ready to eat something. If someone forcefully tried to give meal he ejects all.
My daughter is 2 yrs old so now I want to stop feeding but she doesn't agree and she screams like anything so can I get some solution?
How to get rid of masturbation? Is it cause for a lean and low weight body. Because my age is 17 and 1/2 years and my weight is 45 kg and height is 5 feet 6 inches. Please suggest me to get rid of this bad habit and how can I get weight.
Hello doctors, we're in the process of relocating to different country which is of extreme chill climate upto (-10) degrees. Our current location has about 30 degrees. My query is that, how safe is it for our baby (7 months) in regards to the relocation from current 30 degrees to (-30) degrees. Thanks and appreciate in anticipation.
Hi. My 14 month old son has been waking up every hour at night since a month. Otherwise he would sleep at least 3 to 4 hrs at a stretch and then wake up for feed and back to sleep. I don't given him milk during the day just at night for his feeds. Please advise. Thanks.
My grandson (5 yr old) has cracks and patches and skin peeling, in feet; oint. Triamcinolone acitonide was prescribed; no improvement even after a month. What to do?
I'm 23 yrs old male. I having gynaecomastia. I have memory problems.I'm facing difficulties in communication with other persons. I have lack of confidence in doing any task. My mood also changes frequently. I'm facing severe depression from last 7 years. And my behaviour is similer with ADHD. I read lot of meterial related to depression , ADHD, bipolar disorder and also klinefelter. I'm fearing that I have klinefelter so please give me instructions about to whom I should refer & which tests to be made for diagnosis.
Respected madam, I have a 3-year old son. The way he behaves make us feel unhappy. I tried to jot some of his activities. 1. If there is stick, he will take the stick and beat the tv, person in front of him. 2. If his mom is drying her hair, he will just pull it to the extreme extent. 3. If his mom is drying clothes, he will pull them and spread them in floor. 4. If he gets some water, he will not drink; instead he will pour it where it is necessarily unwanted. 5. All our goods are kept above 3.5 feet. He takes stool, climbs over it, and takes the things and does some nuisance. 6. If we ask him to keep the utensil in the kitchen, he will throw it in the sink. We never do such activities at home. 7. If we give him colors for painting in drawing book, he will tear the book, and then paint on his body, in wall, where it is not acceptable. 8. If we scold him, he will cry till he vomits. Every time we scold him, it ends with cleaning of vomits. 9. Whatever we say? not to do, he will? definitely do it first. 10. He never listens to us. 11. He behaves very badly. 12. He never sits at one place. 13. We started brushing his teeth after 2 years. Now he is 3 years, still he doesn? t allow us to smoothly clean his teeth, tongue and gums. 14. For every bit of work, we need to overdo to get the result. 15. He is never easy going whatever may be his mood. 16. He never allows me to go to the office. He cries till now. Other cries only for a week. 17. She becomes tired looking after him. Our life is getting spoiled. 18. He irritates a lot. He becomes happy when seeing the irritated face of other. 19. If some body cries in front of him out of pain, he never see it, and feel it. Instead he just carry on with his unfruitful work. 20. If some call comes in mobile, or we need to call somebody, he will take the phone and do some nuisance. I need your help.
Migraine is a complex disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of a headache, most often unilateral and in some cases associated with visual or sensory symptoms collectively known as an aura that arise most often before the head pain but that may occur during or afterward . Migraine is most common in women and has a strong genetic component.
Signs and symptoms
Typical symptoms of migraine include the following:
1.Throbbing or a pulsatile headache, with moderate to severe pain that intensifies with movement or physical activity
2.Unilateral and localized pain in the frontotemporal and ocular area but the pain may be felt anywhere around the head or neck
3.Pain builds up over a period of 1-2 hours, progressing posteriorly and becoming diffuse
4.Headache lasts 4-72 hours
5.Nausea (80%) and vomiting (50%), including anorexia and food intolerance, and light-headedness
6.Sensitivity to light and sound
Features of migraine aura are as follows:
1.May precede or accompany the headache phase or may occur in isolation
2.Usually develops over 5-20 minutes and lasts less than 60 minutes
3.Most commonly visual but can be sensory, motor, or any combination of these
4.Visual symptoms may be positive or negative
5.The most common positive visual phenomenon is the scintillating scotoma, an arc or band of absent vision with a shimmering or glittering zigzag border
Physical findings during a migraine headache may include the following:
*Cranial/cervical muscle tenderness
*Horner syndrome (ie, relative miosis with 1-2 mm of ptosis on the same side as the headache)
*Tachycardia or bradycardia
**Hypertension or hypotension
*Hemisensory or hemiparetic neurologic deficits (ie, complicated migraine)
*Adie-type pupil (ie, poor light reactivity, with near dissociation from light)
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment cures this malady completely since it goes to the root of the disease and removes this tendency permanently.
Some of Homoeopathic remedies used for treating migraine are Belladonna,Spigelia,Sanguinaria,Glonoine,Natrum mur,Phosphorus, Tuberculinum, Iris versicolor,medicine should be strictly selected based on symptom similarity only to get permanent cure.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
My baby girl is 7 months old and she is not crawling or sitting by herself. She is not breastfeeding and taking lactogen& cerelac.
I have 6 months old baby boy. Past few weeks onwards I'm suffering for rashes sometimes on my shoulder sometimes on waist and other parts of my body it's itching after one day it's vanished and started new place like my legs. May I know why
She is not having milk in one of her breast. What will be the best supplement to increase milk for baby feeding.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.