Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subash Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subash RaoYour feedback matters!
I am in Bangalore. My daughter (2yrs 10months) has fever since Tuesday morning. She has cough as well.The pediatrician said its a regular flu and prescribed dologel for fever less than 102 and meftal for >102 fever. Earlier the fever came at 4 hrs intervals. Since yesterday morning , her fever came at intervals of around 7-8 hours. Is the line of treatment ok?
My daughter is 1.7 years old. All the day she keeps on crying for no reason, we conculted pediatrician he gave us the report everything is fine with her. Even in the night she is not having complete sleep. Please suggest.
My three year old girl baby suffering from nephrotic syndrome she get tree times relapse in one year. Last four months no steroid given and taken treatment homeopathic but till now urine protein +++ continue. What should I do now please suggest me.
Sir/madam My child is 5 months old.in blood test c.reactive protein test ranges 37.5 . Is it any serious factor? Please help.
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
9 years boy use to sleep heavily and also he is not so active. Suggest me what to do. His daddy is fits patient he also eat anything which ever sees even gulabjamun mix and also like roasted gram or cooking grams etc etc what is the remedy for this kindly suggest me.
Hello doctor, my baby boy is 16 months of age and his weight is 8.9 kgs (still takes mother feed no other milk at all). His birth weight was 2.4 kgs. We are giving him vitamin d3 (arbivit d3 and earlier we also gave him d-sol and other few such medicines as prescribed by our doctor) drops (1ml/day). His vitamin d3 drops have not been regular means we have been able to give him these drops 5 days in every 7 days. Doctor had also advised him iron drops and zincovite which he did not take regularly. Is this a serious problem? our main problem with him is that that he does not eat food. We have tried lot of home made items which our doctor and friends have advised but he does not want to eat food at all. We have to do 100 of tricks and games (which is not possible at each and every diet and especially if we are out of home) in his each diet to distract him so that he can eat some portion of the food at least. Also sometime we are not successful in making him eat even after doing all this. This has been an issue since last 5-6 months but this problem has increased many fold from last 1.5 months since he was admitted to hospital due to excessive vomiting and loose motions. He has also developed allergy with lactose which is another issue. Please advise what should we do so that he starts eating food. We try 3-4 times in a day but he takes even half of that. He does not even want to open his mouth as seen as he sees the food and starts crying and shouting. Please advise.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.