Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonavne L.R
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sonavne L.RYour feedback matters!
My head is dizzy. I was sleeping side ways and when I switched to other side. My head hurts. Loss of balance is there a few times. No severe though. What should I do to get rid of my dizziness?
I am 23 years old man. I am having black marks in my shoulder and also increasing the dots day by day. How to cure this problem?
Acute paronychia - Painful and purulent condition; most frequently caused by staphylococci.
Chronic paronychia - Usually caused by a fungal infection
The image below depicts paronychia.
Classic presentation of paronychia, with erythema and pus surrounding the nail bed.
Signs and symptoms
Physical findings in acute paronychia include the following:
The affected area often appears erythematous and swollen
In more advanced cases, pus may collect under the skin of the lateral fold
If untreated, the infection can extend into the eponychium, in which case it is called eponychia
Further extension of the infection can lead to the involvement of both lateral folds as it tracks under the nail sulcus; this progression is called a runaround infection.
Physical findings in chronic paronychia include the following:
Swollen, erythematous, and tender nail folds without fluctuance are characteristic of chronic paronychia
Eventually, the nail plates become thickened and discolored, with pronounced transverse ridges
The cuticles and nail folds may separate from the nail plate, forming a space for the invasion of various microorganisms
The diagnosis of paronychia is based primarily on patient history and physical examination. Some laboratory studies, however, can be useful. These include the following:
Gram staining and/or culture - To help identify a bacterial cause of fluctuant paronychia.
Treatment strategies for paronychia include the following:
If soft tissue swelling is present without fluctuance, the infection may resolve with warm soaks 3-4 times daily
Patients with extensive surrounding cellulitis or with a history of diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, or an immunocompromised state may benefit from a short course of antibiotics
If an abscess has developed, incision and drainage must be performed.
Kya sirf 20 din ke andar tezi se weight badaya ja sakta h bcoz meri problem ye h ki mera wajan 1gm bhi nhi hilta aisa pta nhi kitne salo se h but now I am very much worried.
Dementia refers to the progressive loss of memory in a human being. It does not refer to any particular disease. It is rather a cumulative representation of symptoms which signify that the person is losing his or her memory. Dementia occurs in seven stages. Read on to read more about them:
- In the first stage, there is no cognitive decline and the person is mentally sound. There is no memory loss as well.
- In the second stage, there is a very mild cognitive decline leading to normal forgetfulness that is often associated with progressing age.
- In the third stage, there is a mild cognitive decline. The person has an increased forgetfulness and may find it difficult to concentrate on things.
- In the fourth stage, there is moderate cognitive decline and the person starts forgetting even the most recent events. They cannot even travel alone or manage their own finances.
- In the fifth stage, there is moderately severe cognitive decline. The person going through this stage often requires help even with their daily activities. People tend to forget even the most common things like phone and email passwords.
- In the sixth stage, there is severe cognitive decline. This stage is also called middle dementia and there is prominent memory loss. People cannot even count from 1 to 10. Their speech becomes slurry. They also start having delusions.
- In the seventh stage, there is very severe cognitive decline. This stage is also called late dementia. The psychomotor skills are also lost at this stage and the person may not even be able to walk properly.
Some of the early signs of dementia are listed below:
- In the initial days of dementia, the person usually tends to get confused when it comes to choosing the right words. This makes them take much longer time to conclude their speech.
- There might also be a change in the mood of the person.
Depression is also one of the early signs.
- The person will have a tendency to forget even the most recent events that took place in his or her life. This means that they might remember what happened ten years before but they might not remember what they did in the morning.
- Early signs also include failure to sense directions. People often tend to forget their addresses and the landmarks and thus become lost when they travel alone.
- Confusion is also one of the common signs and this is directly correlated to the loss of memory because when a person cannot remember familiar faces, it leads to a lot of confusion within his own mind.
So, if you suspect that someone in your house is suffering from dementia, then you must look out for these early signs and seek medical help immediately. Early treatment can keep the condition from worsening.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!