Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonali Ravindra Kavathekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali Ravindra KavathekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatmentusing Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.
Please suggest, for unusual white discharge of my wife from one month, but she has weight loss 5 kg above, now she treating alopathic medicine. So can she take ayurvedic medicine along with allopathy.
Having moving pain in legs from past few days. Like it started from buttocks. Then to knees with swelling. And now in calfs. Not able to understand what's is the issue about. Of joints or nerves or something else.
Hi, I have read about Dr. dixit diet plan were in you have to take 2 meals a day. So it this diet good for pcod patient.
You might have indulged in various types of detox regimes, but have you tried the Ayurvedic detox yet? This regime is short, simple and very easy to follow but the benefits it proffers are not possibly limited to a particular aspect of well-being. You can undertake it at any time of the year, but it would be extremely advantageous if you select the juncture between two seasons when your body has already got an alert about the imminent change in the surroundings.
The importance of detoxifying the body: The practice of cleansing the mind and body is considered to be one of the most crucial aspects of Ayurvedic lifestyle. It offers a valuable way of cleaning away all the accumulated toxicity and wastes from the tissues, which ensures optimal health. Modern lifestyle that leaves people stressed out at most times makes it even more necessary to include an overall detoxifying regime in the fitness routine. Today people have to undergo an endless variety of harmful inputs such as environmental pollution, junk food, sedentary lifestyle, psychological stress and anxiety and unresolved emotions. If they are allowed to accumulate within the body, over time they can be deposited in the tissue, and compromise on healthy living.
Advantages of taking part in detoxifications: A simple detoxifying plan that incorporates eating mono-diet, fresh fruits, drinking plenty of fluids in the form of water and other detoxifying fluids along with taking Triphala in the evening helps in supporting the digestion as well as the detoxifying system present within the body. It can also alleviate the physiology by slowing down the flood of damaging inputs and by allowing the body to rest and repair itself.
A plain cleanse can aid in:
- Improving digestion and metabolic function
- Promoting regular as well as balanced elimination
- Supporting the maintenance of proper body weight
- Nurturing the improved sense of vitality, energy and enthusiasm of life
- Encouraging a balanced rest cycle
- Promoting improvement of overall health
When you are willing to take part in Ayurvedic detoxification, it is important that you prepare your body well before the schedule and expose yourself to as less amount of stress as possible. It is advised to take a break from the social sites and electronic devices as they increase the stimulation and don't allow the mind to rest. If you have a habit of drinking or smoking, it is necessary to bid a temporary goodbye to them and follow the detoxification regime as suggested by your physician as closely as possible.
Our skin has a tendency to become harsh, dry and aggravated during specific seasons and with age. As per Ayurveda, it happens because of the collection of vata in the body. When there is excess of vata, we are inclined to dry skin, acne, dry hair and weak nails. Vata can appear in the body even faster in case you are under stress. Here are some Ayurvedic tips that will decrease the vata accumulation in the body and will help you remain young and keep your skin healthy:
- Try not to skip the veggies: Stick to high water content vegetables that are easy to digest, for example, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radish (which is highly recommended in Ayurveda for its healing properties), fennel, and asparagus. These vegetables are useful for a wide range of skin. Mix no less than three and relish with a basic olive oil-lemon juice dressing.
- Add some seeds and nuts: Both conventional and Ayurvedic medications believe that including seeds and nuts in your diet will enhance the state of your skin. Vata is drying by nature so all nourishments that have regular and healthy fats in them will keep this dryness. The seeds and nuts contain Omega-3, healthy fats and fiber to help get rid of the vata assimilation.
- Have some tea: Vata is dry and cool by nature so your skin will remain healthier looking, if your keep these two qualities under control. Remain hydrated for the duration of the day and have warm fluids, for example, herbal tea. Making some hot tea with crisp ginger and lemon will wake you up toward the evening and keep your absorption healthy, which is important for shining skin.
- Keep exercise regular: Exercising is fundamental in keeping the Vata from spreading further. Exercising is recommended to keep your muscles and joints sound and healthy while helping you sweat out the toxins. Exercise will likewise enhance blood flow, absorption, and give you a solid skin
- Practice yogic breathing: High levels of mental anxiety are one of the significant reasons why Vata gets disturbed. It truly sucks out all the good juices from your skin making it dried out. Breathing can be an exceptionally powerful anxiety buster that you might need to consider.
- Snooze off with sunset: Aggravated Vata frequently causes anxiety, which can lead to a sleeping disorder. Any healthy skin proficient or Ayurvedic specialist will tell you that getting no less than seven hours of rest is something worth it in order to have a scar-free glowing skin.
- Use skin moisturiser: Staying hydrated within is vital yet you should not disregard dealing with your outer skin all things considered, too. Purging and saturating are the most essential to keeping your skin sound and youthful.