Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonal Gandhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal GandhiYour feedback matters!
Me and my partner had sex on the last day of my period. We had protected sex and he ejaculated in the condom. I am still tensed. Please suggest Can nothing go wrong and cause pregnancy?
Many of the sexual issues are primarily not big problems. However, because of the taboo and inhibition around them, they are not discussed openly, hence they also fail to get resolved and become bigger. In fact most of the times there are no visible symptoms of any functional problems. Many of them are very basic issues and because of ignorance, myths, and social taboos lead to development of anxieties, distress and further worsening of the problem.
Often men are concerned about their performance in bed with their partner. They worry about- how best then can do, masturbation habits, size of penis and sperm quality.
Consequences of Premature ejaculation (PE):
Both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can significantly increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem.
PE is one such sexual issue. It's not a disease; Not at all..!!
If a person is sexually fit and experiences normal erections but just fail to hold the orgasm/ discharge for reasonable time then he is suffering from premature ejaculation. It's a very normal problem, which if managed properly it can be easily resolved.
We will discuss this PE in 4 parts covering: what it is in actual, how does it happen, how to approach to resolve this problem with behavioural methods, exercise, techniques and medical remedies present in both modern and alternative medicine.
Let’s understand the problem in this 1st part!
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature (early) ejaculation—also referred to as rapid ejaculation; also called as early discharge.
PE is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups.
Instances of PE:
An occasional instance of premature ejaculation might not be cause of concern, but, if the problem occurs more than 50% of attempted sexual relations signifies existence of abnormal pattern for which treatment is required.
Premature ejaculation takes place with negligible sexual stimulation and even before the desire to ejaculate. Another way of describing PE by most therapist or clinicians is the occurrence of ejaculation sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like.
This broad definition thus avoids specifying a precise “normal” duration for sexual activity and reaching a climax. The duration of sexual activity is highly variable and depends on various factors specific to each individual. Take a situation, a male may reach orgasm after 7 to 8 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner is able to achieve climax mostly in 5 minutes and both are satisfied with this timing, then this is not defined as PE.
Alternatively, a male might delay his ejaculation for up to 15- 20 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner, even with foreplay, requires 25-30 minutes of total sexual activity before reaching climax, he may still consider his ejaculation premature because his partner has not been satisfied (at least, not through intercourse). But in routine practice this kind of situation is NOT called as PE. So every individual and every couple is unique. Same individual may have different sexual behaviour with different partners and different circumstances. Varied situations and varied places of performing the act have a vital role to play in determining the outcomes of individual sexual performance/s. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am just married male and I don't want child now for at least 1 year so how I should take care of it. What is the safe period for sex to not to have child?
Pregnancy is a thrilling time period for every woman, but at times things can go wrong and turn out to be scary due to certain complications. Pregnancy Induced Hypertension or Preeclampsia is a high blood pressure disorder of pregnancy. It is a major problem that occurs in women during their pregnancy and it has an effect on nearly 7% of the first-time mothers. The Pregnancy Induced Hypertension causes serious complications and in severe cases, it is dangerous for the baby as well as the mother. Pregnant women suffering from this condition are induced with labor early if they suffer from PIH or pregnancy
The Three levels of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension include:
- Only high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and protein in urine or swelling
- High blood pressure, protein in urine, convulsions and swelling
Common Symptoms of Preeclampsia:
The main symptoms that occur are:
- Blurred vision
- Upper right Abdominal Pain
- Swelling in the Face and Hands
- Infrequent Urination
- Rapid weight gain
The methods that are used to test Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
These tests are carried out in pregnant women during their 29th to 31st week of pregnancy. These Pregnancy Induced Hypertension tests when proved positive and the diastolic rise in pressure was found to be about 20 mmHg. The pressure observed was not more than 140/90 in women in any case of two consecutive occasions. These results specify that not any of these trouble free physiologic tests are of any application as a predictor of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
Preeclampsia occurs in women with a history of hypertension in parents, high proteinuria, BMI or Body Mass Index and family history of diabetes. It is by using a partial set of maternal characteristics that pregnant women are at an increased risk of developing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
The cure for this condition-preeclampsia is delivery and in many cases, doctors insist their patients go for a caesarian section. Sometimes the Doctors suggest for an early delivery as it includes an additional threat of loss to the mother to be due to prematurity.
The inflammatory disorder is characterized by anti-angiogenic protein in high levels and soluble forms like tyrosine kinase in the maternal circulation. It is very important that pregnant women adopt the process of self evaluation to safeguard from risk of high blood pressure. They must monitor their blood pressure from time to time as it would empower them to care for their pregnancy and reduce the chances of complications during pregnancy.
There is slight but continuous bleeding from vagina after coitus. It wasn't my first time but once it happened with dry vagina. Now it has been one day and the bleeding hasn't stopped.
I had sex on the 12th of April and my last date of period was 9th April. My first date of period was 5th April. And today is 6th May. I dint get my chumps yet. Any chance of getting pregnant? Or is it safe? Pls help me.
We are a newly married couple we had intercourse on 4th Dec after that my wife had normal periods after 14th of Dec bt now she has missed her periods and now its comes a very short 2-3 days mc on 29 the of Jan. We don't want baby now is there any possibility of my wife being pregnant because m outside my state now and can't get back to my village right now that's I concerned about it.
Ajwain or carom seeds are the best thing to have ever happened to mankind, especially to those of us who suffer from digestive problems on a regular basis. They have a slew of benefits apart from just curing an upset stomach.
Let’s take you through the benefits of ajwain water or carom seeds boiled in water.
- Acidity: Carom seeds are the best bulwark against acidity, especially when taken along with ginger powder and cumin seeds. For curing flatulence, carom seeds work best when they are soaked in lime juice, dried and then consumed with warm water daily. This works as a miracle against flatulence.
- Asthma: Ajwain water cleans mucus from the body and provides relief from cold and cough. Apart from this, it also helps in treating bronchitis and asthma. The effects are even better if you take ajwain with jaggery twice a day. For best relief from cold, inhale the steam of carom seeds infused in hot water.
- Irregular menses: Ajwain water is an excellent remedy for getting regular periods.
- Liver and kidney malfunction: Ajwain water treats intestinal pains caused due to indigestion and also gets rid of liver and kidney malfunctions.
- Weight loss: Ajwain water taken on an empty stomach every day helps dissolve body fat and helps to reduce weight. You can also consume 1tsp of carom seeds on an empty stomach every morning to reap its weight loss benefits.
- Tooth pain: Ajwain seeds have been proven to cure tooth pain. Ajwain oil mixed with olive oil and water is an excellent panacea for tooth ache and bad mouth odour. This mixture also maintains oral hygiene.
- Itching, boils, and eczema: Ajwain seeds ground into a paste with lukewarm water and applied on the affected parts of the body can get rid of boils and itching.
- Arthritis: A massage with carom seeds oil on joints affected with arthritis is an excellent way to get rid of pain.
- Trembles: Ajwain soaked in water in the night and consumed the next morning on a daily basis is useful in treating trembling and shaking of limbs.
- Eye cleanser: Cold ajwain water can be used to wash itchy eyes for cleaning them.
- Flu: Carom seeds boiled with cinnamon powder in water is one of the best natural remedies for flu.
- Diarrhea: Ajwain water taken twice daily is an excellent cure for diarrhea.
- Menstrual cramps: Carom seeds work as a nerve tonic and are used to relax nerves during menses, decreasing menstrual cramps. You can also apply carom seed oil on the lower abdomen to get relief.
- Heart: Ajwain water can cure chest pains. You can add jaggery to get instant relief.
- Lactation: Ajwain water is excellent for lactating women as it increases milk flow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.