Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehal Swapneel Bedagkar
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal Swapneel BedagkarYour feedback matters!
Sir, my hair are very silky and smooth. Less in quantity .and fall when I comb. And I want increase quantity of hair. please help me.
Piles, fistula and fissures are the most common problems affecting the rectum and the anus. Both the rectum as well as the anus has a very rich vascular supply. There could be swelling of these blood vessels or tearing which can lead to the above conditions. Read on to know additional details about each of these conditions.
Piles: In simple words, swollen blood vessels of the anal region are called piles. It can be internal or external, depending on its position inside the rectum or outside the rectum respectively.
- Chronic constipation, where the person has to strain to pass stools
- Increased frequency of motion as seen in dysentery etc.
- Increased abdominal pressure like in pregnancy, obesity etc.
- Smoking and genetics can also lead to piles.
Symptoms: Starts off as painless bleeding, which happens in the form drops or blood spurts during bowel movement (1st stage); the swelling develops later on. They can continue to grow and may come out of anal canal while passing stool (2nd stage). Later on Pile mass comes out even on sneezing, coughing or standing for prolong time (3rd stage)
- In the early stages, once identified, simple Kshar Karma (application of special medicines) is effective..
- Diet should be rich in fiber, with fruits and vegetables
- Increased water consumption
- Ksharsutra Ligation of Pile mass if the disease has reached the 2nd or 3rd stage
- Prevention is advised if there is a family history by taking measures like consuming a fiber-rich diet and maintaining hydration, regular exercises. Sphincter exercise etc.
Fistula: When an anal gland gets infected; it may discharge pus around the anal region or inside anal canal. Anal Fistula is characterized by presence of a nodular swelling around anal orifice with on and off discharges. This condition is usually painless however some pain may be noticed in the swelling before the pus discharges. After pus discharge pain and swelling disappears to recur again after some time.
- A constant wet feeling in the anal area, due to pus discharge.
- This would be intermittent, and there would be periods with no discharge.
- There could be a foul smell due to pus discharge.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Identifying the exact location is important for Ksharsutra ligation or Surgery/ VAAFT.
- An ultrasound scan or an MRI is usually done.
- Ksharsutra ligation is a better option as compared to surgery/ VAAFT as the chances of recurrence after surgery/ VAAFT are very high.
Ksharsutra being a non surgical procedure; is more convenient and more effective as compared to surgery. This has already been proved by the scientific trials conducted at AIIMS New Delhi, PGI Chandigarh etc. by Indian Council of Medical Research in 1990.
Graded Ksharsutra is the latest development in Ksharsutra Therapy which is available only at Sushruta Ano Rectal Institute, New Delhi.
Fissures: Fissure is a very painful condition produced due to cracks anywhere in the length of the anal canal usually at the anal verge.
- Very painful and the person may not want to go to the toilet
- Rarely bleeding is also seen, maybe in very small amounts
- Over 90% of the fissures do not require surgery and can be easily managed by Kshar Karma sittings.
- Switching to a high-fiber diet and improving hydration will help in managing these symptoms.
- Topical relief can be provided by application of medicated oils and paste.
- When they are recurrent, a procedure known as lateral sphincterotomy is done. However this procedure is known to have a common complication of fecal incontinence. This is usually seen due to damage to sphincter muscles during surgery or over stretching. Patient is not able to control / hold the stools.
- Anal fissure whether acute or chronic can be easily managed by Kshar Karma and Ksharsutra ligation. No surgery or hospitalization is required; and above mentioned complications are also not seen with this highly specific treatment of Ayurvedic surgery.
Though one condition can lead to another, in most people, there is a strong family history and working towards prevention is highly recommended. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, GERD etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!