Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta ChetanYour feedback matters!
My sister gets bleeding from the nose and also from the eyes since one month. With bleeding she also gets giddiness and blurred vision. Please help me.
My eyes is etching fro. Last 2 weeks a d want to do solution for my this eating eyes. If you have any solution then tell me I am waiting for this replay.
Hello Doctor I am filling allows bore. And I am not consented in a particular thing. I love Computer and Smart phone and like to experiment with software. But now I can't spend for a second without Phone Or Computer. So how can I Gate back from this addiction. please tell me sa soon as possible.
My eye power is increasing . Am not seeing objects clearly far from 20 minutes. please instruct me Sir or maim.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back , used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do I have red eyes for 3 days.
My eyes are paining daily and below my eyes black spots are appearing near my eyes could you give me preventive measures.
I am having dry eyes. Moreover I am a sugar patient for the last over 20 years. My age is 66. As the watering is not there, I am using lubricating eye drops continuously. How long I have to use these drops. Is there any end to my problem doctor.
Sir I'm 23 years old frm last 1 years am using specs fr my long distance vision bt before 3 months I got sum irritation in my eyes n headache too I consulted optician fr it dey advice me to correct my glasses I did thyat bt till nw I feel d same irritation n water is also running frm my eyes while using phone n computer . I changed glasses thrice wid different power which doctor told me but still am not getting soln.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Hello doctor. My child age is only 18 days. He was born normal. He is facing one problem from the time of birth.somethingis coming out from his eyes all the time. I do not know what it is called. But its a dirt which normally come out from human being eyes when we woke up in the morning. But from my son eyes its coming out a lot. So can you please suggest me what should I do to decrease it or to stop it.
Hello. I have facing eye problem. When I am working with computer than I face water in my eyes. This is also painful. So please reply me. Thank you.
I have very very dark red eyes since fifteen days. I have consulted a doctor. He gave me Eyedrops. Give me info which medicine should I take?
I am 25 years old and my eye swells every morning I wake up and I do not know what to do please provide some remedy for the above problem.
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.