Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubhangi Patil
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhangi PatilYour feedback matters!
I am a 18 years 5'11 skinny boy. I am too much concerned about my weight gain. Since I am a student so I can't even buy weight gainers. So I would like to get an indian diet plan for weight gain. Due to low weight I am always low on confidence and always remains tensed. Plzz help it would be a great favour.
How to reduce depression, I think I was in depression from last 4 month, as I am oversleeping, always surfing, not taking to loved ones. Is it depression can you please help me.
Hi Doctor. My daughter 17 years . Sleeps around 2to3 am. Wake's up around 1 pm. She will not study . Chat with friends and watch internet. I got fed up by saying.
Everyday I am getting negative thoughts whoever insulted me in the past that persons and incidents are disturbs me and I can not control it. Sometimes I am crying and beat myself. I do not have concentration on studies. Which doctor should I meet? Either psychiatrist or psychologist?
I have a pain in my left side of the body. From left side waist to left leg toe. If I stand or work for long time then it get pain specially surface of toe.
I am depressed. I am feeling so guilty. Nothing can make me happy in this world. Please give me the poison name which is easily available in market to die.
I feel tired paining my whole body. limbs back and find difficult to stay awake. Depression. What could be the reason.
My boyfriend used to smoke daily. He is addicted and used to smoke since 4 years. I always asked to quit this smoking and he also make promises to me. But he can't. Our relationship Is hampering due to this factor. Is there any way to quit his smoking. Please give me some effective suggestions that I could be able to maintain good relationship. Waiting for your answer.
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!