Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrinath
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. ShrinathYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my left hand (opposite to the palm on upper side) frm last 5 days. Evn I applied moov olso. Bt no relief. please help me.
I am 27 years old, I am having backbone pain at end of kidney, 2. Knee to foot pain while walking for longer distance and while playing badminton.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of discs in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like:
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
- Herniated disk
- Bone spurs
- Part of a vertebra.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Am a 28 unmarried male, from birth to till now am having a tightforeskin with pinhole, 2months back I search on the internet about thisproblem and then know am suffering from phimosis, somebody toldstretching cure this problem, so am doing stretching exercise for the last 2months, now I have lot of improvements, now I fully slip back myforeskin behind the glans without any pain, my inner and outer foreskinare two different colors, am I need any further treatment for thiscondition, suppose if I stop stretching exercises again phimosis occuror what, am so much depressed of this problem, please give me a correctsolution, am avoiding my marriage also because of this condition, if any doctor gives email id means I will send the pictures.
I am suffering from backpain and pain in the middle of the chest since 3 years. One time I fall down from the bus I think because of that only and I consulted many doctors. One doctor told that it is because of muscular pain and others tell different reasons. I am confused.
I am 31 years male. My weight is 88 kg. From last 25 days I am suffering from lower leg pain, sometimes this pain comes in hand too. When I take some pain killer medicine it gives some relief to me but after some time pain starts once again. My blood reports are normal. Please suggest good medicines or alternative suggestion or treatment.
I am suffering from back pain due to heavy weight lifting, can aloe Vera (barbadensis). Heals it faster? Does it works?
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.