Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shital KhodkeYour feedback matters!
I am female 22years nd had abortion of 9weeks in december five months before from now. I want to know that is there any need of vaccination after abortion. If yes then wat type of vaccines.
I am a 30 year old male, I have dust allergy, while I am travelling on road suddenly cough starts, what should I do? Please suggest.
Hi! I am 25 years old and I have been smoking for past 1 years. I started with 2-3 cigarettes a day then near to a packet. Now I have reduced it to 2-3 again. Is there any way that I can detoxify my body completely and quit smoking?
I am 27 year old I am facing stomach issues on last 2 weeks even loose motion also is there, please tell me what remedy is there for solve this issue.
Can you suggest me how to lose weight I have joined gym but it is not working even I have thyroid. Im taking thyrox75 mg.
Sir, I getting please pains in right ear and coming out yellowish fluid. Doctor had checked and found that holes in drum. So it is adviced that go for surgery. But my left ear not ok and cannot hear also. Whether after from surgery can I hear? please is it is successful? please guide the expert opinion. Thanks
Muscle sprains and ligament tears are one of the most common injuries that medical practitioners encounter on a regular basis. These injuries are painful and can also limit one’s movement, needless to say. However, there are simple things that can be done as soon as the injury happens so that the impact of the injury can be reduced, the symptoms minimised, and recovery improved.
A sprain is a tear of the ligament. The ligament is responsible for connecting the tissue strands that connect the bone to the muscle. When this sprain affects the muscle or even the tendon, it is known as a strain.
Sprains are very common and can occur due to a fall, twist, or impact. Most commonly affected areas are the ankles and wrists. Sprains happen when there is a pull or a twist of the ankle or the joint. This is very common in athletes and can be caused by repetitive motions in the knees, wrists, elbows, etc.
- RICE therapy: RICE is an acronym for rest, ice, compress, and elevate. Rest the affected area immediately by stopping any further activity. Ice the area using an ice wrap, with the ice cubes wrapped in a towel or a cotton cloth. Repeat this exercise if possible for every 20 minutes. This will reduce the swelling and pain. Compress the area using a sling or a wrap. This will help in reducing the swelling. Elevate the affected area if possible above the heart. This will help control the blood flow and thereby reduce the swelling and pain.
- Pain control: If there is pain that needs medication, go for the non-steroidal drugs like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If it is a child that is injured, it is advisable to give non-aspirin ones.
- Seek professional help: Most sprains can be self-limiting over a couple of days. However, it is advisable to seek medical help if there is significant pain, swelling, or numbness, open wounds or bruises, or inability to move the joint.
The doctor may decide to do the following.
- Scanning or imaging to rule out any internal hard/soft tissue injury like fracture or tear
- Immobilise the joint with a splint or a cast
- Start physical therapy if there is severe pain and immobility
- Surgical repair if there is a ligament injury
A word of caution to athletes or people who are very active physically is to go easy on the joint. In an eagerness to quickly get back to their routine, more and severe damage may be caused. This can be avoided by allowing time for complete healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.