Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Navi MUMBAI & Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shishir Shetty
Submit a review for Dr. Shishir ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am using skinshine cream by cadalic for past more than 1 year so does it cause skin cancer or any harmful side effect. What will be your suggestion about the cream?
My wife recently had a very bad breast infection in her left breast. At first we were very tensed thinking it might be breast cancer. She was in a lot of pain. The cancer was ruled out after doing sonography and mammography. But we are still worried. My question is what are the causes of such infections and how can these be avoided. Also what are the symptoms for breast cancer?
I have painless lump on left hand side shoulder for the past 20 days. There is no other effects in my body. Whom am I suppose to consult?
I'm 50 years old female. For last one year I'm feeling like my left breast increasing in size. And light pain in muscles.
My age is 24. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. Since 1 year I am having problem of frequent urination. I used to urinate in every half an hour .i am also having smelly urine. And when I drink water on increasing quantity I used to urinate in every 10 minutes. I had my urine test .it shows pus cell 3-4. I have my prostate ultrasound. It shows my prostate size is 21. 6 cc .and my CT of abdomen shows right renal calculi of 3 mm. Where is the problem. Does my prostate has problem?
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.