Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old. When I get my periods the flow used to be for only first two days. On third and fourth days I hardly get it. But I get my periods regularly. What could be the reason for improper flow.
Past 12 years I am suffering periods stomach pain I consult so many doctor still it not reduce what is best solution?
I have low amh of 0.136 and small cyst on my right ovary. I am in USA right now. All other reports have come normal. I am ttc. Should I be worried?
Cliched words do not work anymore. If you are really interested in winning a girl’s heart, then you need to learn how to make a girl laugh!
Researchers from University of Kansas elaborately studied the effect of laughter on girls and indicated that romantic connection is stronger when a girl and a guy are spotted laughing together. Check these facts.
1. Signals Intelligence: Cheesy lines might be at best be overwhelming, while other ways of wooing a girl might be old school! But humor is a sign of intelligence and therefore, you can woo a girl by making her laugh, unintentionally letting her know that you are intelligent.
2. Depicts happiness: Unconsciously, we associate laughter with future happiness. So, if girls meet someone they can laugh with, it would mean that the future relationship is going to be full of fun and cheer. Jeffrey Hall, associate professor of communication studies at University of Kansas revealed that romantic attraction is stronger when there’s laughter involved.
3. What women like: Laughter makes women happy. Those who participated in the research also revealed that those who were funny and humorous seemed more attractive.
4. Why laughing is important: Laughing releases endorphins, which makes people happy, signals intelligence and at the same time leads to better production of hormone, while reducing stress. Perhaps that’s why women prefer men that make them laugh.
So, it’s true! Go for a man who makes you laugh! Humor not just points to future happiness, it also reflects a sociable and agreeable personality. Men can make jokes, share humorous stories or simply smile. After all, shared laughter is the path to a long-lasting, happy relationship!
It is not uncommon to hear complaints of reduced desire to engage in sex. This can happen with both partners, male and female. The underlying causes can be very many; from just age catching up to some underlying health condition. But within the age groups where normal sexual activity is essential for a healthy family environment, investigation has to be done to address the issue and ensure the partners enjoy each other’s company the ideal way. This condition of the desire for sex is termed 'libido' and homeopathy has the solution to increase it in a healthy way.
The First Aim will be to Tackle any Underlying Disorder
As mentioned, there are a number of related and unrelated issues the man or woman could be facing. The homeopathic practitioner will obviously hear you out on the different symptoms and after due diagnosis arrive at the underlying cause/causes for the lack of sexual desire. Some of the most frequently reported conditions include diabetes, obesity, hypo or hype thyroid and so on. There is the need to address this disorder first. Depending on how serious the condition is, the solutions for these can be found within homeopathy itself.
A Lot of Counselling Also Goes into it
There are cases where the presence of these physical conditions may not be the only reason behind the man and the woman or both. People have the tendency to read somewhere or listen to others and jump to conclusions that they cannot have a successful physical relationship. This can lead to avoidable situations such as erectile dysfunction or the female having a mental block and not being able to participate wholeheartedly in the act. These shortcomings are removed through proper counselling and maybe multiple sessions with the couple to slowly bring them out of their mental reservations and have healthy sex at suggested intervals.
Some Suggestions for Increasing Libido
Not stopping at just removing the obstacles to this lack of desire, homeopathy is capable of improving and increasing libido. This is generally done by prescribing some medications. These are tested compositions and have been in use for centuries and the practitioners are aware of the efficacy of the treatment.
Apart from any medication, the doctor may also offer some sound advice on lifestyle changes the patient has to bring about. These include avoidable habits such as consumption of alcohol. Excessive drinking brings down libido and either stopping it completely or moderating the frequency and quantum will help. Similarly, smoking is to be strictly avoided, even on other general health considerations. The doctor may also offer other suggestions on the food habits, maintaining a better physique and so on.
Once the person follows the doctor’s advice and continues to do so, there will be a distinct change in the sexual desire and unfettered enjoyment in the act itself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Skin aging is a gradual process, but multiple factors, including stress and less sleep, expedite the aging process. Skin aging manifests itself in the form of wrinkles, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties, but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
There are many ways by which skin aging can be prevented. Let us have a look at the following:
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure: This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen: This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as avoid smoking, avoid the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I had my periods on 14th of feb.On which day my next period will occur? How is the cycle calculated?
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.