Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa ParharYour feedback matters!
Helo hi! I am 24 yrs old male this is regarding a cigarette.i use to smoke a lot from past 4 yrs. So my question is to you doc is whenever I play any sport I cant able to run because of my stamina which is lost. And my heart beats a lot I feel tired very early. So how to get stamina to my body and how to get rid of this problem.? Pls help.
I suffering from OCD. I am taking Xet CR 37.5 mg one tablet in the night. What is the maximum dose one can take xet cr without side effects.
I am 23 years old student ,spends about 10 12 hours in studying. My mother used to fight a lot because of which I am broken mentally and can not concentrate at all ,sometimes negative thoughts also comes in. What should I do to relieve my brain?
I am 23 years old. I want make my father to stop smoking. Actually my father was chain smoker. I want making him stop. Please I need help. How would I make him stop?
My girlfriend is suffering from minor symptoms of depression. Majorly due to her studies and her surroundings. She is nowadays irritated and becomes angry on small reasons. Also she has stopped interacting with anyone. I want to help her out but I don't know how. Please help me.
I am a hosteler ,I cannot manage my expenses and every month I got short of money ,because of this my parents are very annoying with me,they have stop giving money,I donot want to borrow from friends,I am getting depressed,now what I should do?
How can I reduce my fat. I am fully tensioned. I tried a lot of ideas ,exercises, diets etc .but I failed. Nowadays I tried a cucumber with mint. Also failed. Now I tried homeopathy phytolacca berry. But no change. How can i? Please help me please. I did not eat anything. I did not eat lunch and dinner. I were used to try for reduce fat before 5 years. But I could not reduce fat. I should have to reduce my fat. Everybody mocking me. Please help me. Please. I had guinea gunia fever before 5 years such a time I got fat. Before that I were a slim girl.
How can I stop smoking as I need to stop it immediately and give me some tips how to keep motivated?
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
For e. G.I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
I alwayd remain sad without any reason.That effects my health so worestly.Can u plz give any suggestion regarding this?
What is magna resonance treatment in epilepsy, how does it work, clinics in Delhi having this facility.
I am suffering from high Fever and every part of body very painful and headache pain is not going. Please help me.
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.