Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Is it possible after a tooth extraction the germs or bacteria still remains in the mouth & can cause problems?
One side of masseter muscle is larger I think so. Due to which my one jaw appear larger than other. please help my symmetry. Suggest some facial exercise.
Does drilling n filling the whole procedure of cavities filling affect the jaw and its placement or positioning in any way?
I am 39 years old. I am suffering from bad breathing. I brush daily twice and use mouthwash but there is no use.
For few days I am facing problem of dry mouth I. E. In middle of night I just woke up and find my mouth totally dry as if all saliva is been sucked. Then I take little water sip by sip as taking glass of water at one go choke me. Kindly advice.
I m having cavity in my teeth and they are breaking in small pieces and cavity is increasing. What to do to stop germs?
I am suffering from left tmj pain from last 4 months and have referred to many dentist and taking medicines from last 4 month and last week I was given lower tmj split by one dentist which I wore for 2 days and my pain get worse. Please help what should I do?
I have a problem of coming pimple like bumps inside the mouth. After every 2 or 3 weeks it comes again. What should I do now to be cured from these bumps?
I have been suffering with geographic tongue for the past two years. I consulted many doctors but still I am facing this problem.
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.