Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Mehta
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Arthritis
Treatment of OCD
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Treatment of Nasal Polyp
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Treatment of Herpes Infections
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal MehtaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The cause for this irksome skin disease that presents as thick red silvery scaled patches on the skin is still being researched. The sad part is that as yet,there is no one single treatment, and mostly all of them give only temporary relief.
DOES HOMEOPATHY REALLY WORK FOR PSORIASIS?
BUT HOW? WAIT.We will come to the answer of this question.Before that, first lets get to know more about this disease itself so that we can explain you how the treatments work.
Anywhere in the body, most commonly legs, arms , knees, elbows, trunk, scalp
Underarm region, below breasts, buttocks,genitals
Look: dicoloured, silvery scaly lesions that vary in size from minute papules covering a large area
Dry, do not get infected
Some studies have shown that people with psoriasis -- especially severe psoriasis -- may be more likely to develop other conditions like:
- Diabetes. Researchers aren't sure what the connection between psoriasis and diabetes is. However, other health conditions also linked to psoriasis -- high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and obesity -- also put someone at risk for diabetes.
- Heart disease. Medical experts say the inflammation caused by psoriasis could be related to the artery damage that leads to atherosclerosis (clogged blood vessels) and other heart problems.
- Cancer. Some treatments for psoriasis, including PUVA light therapy and certain medications, can raise the risk of specific cancers.
- Someone with psoriasis also has a greater chance of having depression, obesity, and high blood pressure.
Abnormal growth of the skin that results in red, patchy appearance.Immune system cud be responsible for this because it causes a wrong trigger resulting in abnormal growth.Normal skin cells take 28-30 days to mature and fall off the surface.Psoriatic skin cells however take only 4-5 days to mature and move to the surface of the skin where they pile off instead of falling off.
- There is a genetic element also, this disease runs in families of 30% of patients.
- External factors/agg factors:infections, stress, climatic conditions like colds.
- Injuries to skin involving burns, cuts , rashes.
- Medications like beta blockers, lithium, antimalarial drugs, nsaid’s like brufen
- Most of the present day meds only attempt to treat the symptoms, and not the disease.
- Psoriasis is due to hyperactive immune system. The dual function of the intestinal wall of absorption and barrier to unwanted antigens or chemicals is compromised that results in leakage of toxins into the system. The immune system then gets activated to produce antibodies and t cells leading to inflammation.
- This process also puts added burden on liver and kidneys. The resulting hyperactive immune system leads to a build up of cells on the skin causing the itchy psoriatic symptoms.
- The present medicines can work a bit but are harmful in the long run. The medicines should target correcting the intestinal leak that occurs and the rest will take care of itself.
Patients with psoriasis can take the following steps to try to prevent these other health problems.
Go for annual checkups and get regular tests as recommended. These exams can catch problems early on when they're easier to treat.
Know your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers. If they are high, find out what to do to lower
them. Treating high blood pressure and cholesterol can help keep his heart and arteries healthy.
Take a healthy approach to life -- including not drinking too much alcohol, not smoking, getting enough sleep, eating well, and exercising. A healthy lifestyle can help lower his risk for heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Ask the doctor about cancer risks and what symptoms to watch for.
Ease stress. Because having psoriasis is stressful, it seems unfair that stress can trigger a flare-up. Finding ways to avoid or relieve stress part is an important part of your treatment plan.
You need to make time every day to relax, even if it's just a half-hour of listening to soothing music. Try these healthy approaches, too:
Relaxation exercises, such as guided imagery or breathing exercises
Yoga or tai chi
Remember, the disease isn't who you are.There is much more to you than the fact that you have psoriasis.You should try to focus on your strengths and talents to help build your self-esteem.
- While psoriasis flare-ups are often unpredictable, certain things can trigger symptoms. Managing your triggers can lead to fewer flare-ups and milder flare-ups when they do happen.
- You should avoid using alcohol or herbal remedies to help deal with stress. Drinking alcohol may seem relaxing, but it can lead to health problems.
- If the stress in your life feels overwhelming, talking to a therapist or trained counselor can make it easier to get through difficult times.
- Warm up. Cold weather is hard on most people's skin, leaving it itchy, dry, and cracked. That's true for people with psoriasis, too. To keep itching and tenderness in check, you should use moisturizers more often during winter months and apply a thick coating to psoriasis patches. After bathing, pat -- don't rub -- skin dry. Apply moisturizer while skin is still damp.
- Watch what you eat. Although many people say diet affects their psoriasis, no research has shown a connection. Some experts, however, think it's possible people may have specific food triggers. The best advice is to eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, and limited fats and sugars. If you notice that your symptoms flare when you eat a specific food, stop eating it for a while and watch what happens to your psoriasis. At the next appointment, you should tell this to your doctor.
Satvik diet is recommended.What is meant by this?To clarify,
One is advised not to have tea, coffee, aerated drinks etc, and restrict dairy foods.Sprouted n boiled vegetables are preferred.
- Thick n green outer leaves of cabbage as a compress
- Drinking buttermilk in large quantities n application of curd/buttermilk to affected area
- Certain oils such as olive oil and oil of avocado (kulu naspati) on affected parts and oil extracted from outer shells of cashewnuts
- Use of mud packs
- Avoid soap
- Application of sea water externally once a day
- Effective in nearly 75%of cases.
- The approach is to strike at the root cause n create a condition such that the skin becomes healthy n the excessive exfoliation is not allowed to take place.
- A very minute evaluation is made of the facts that includes family history,trigering factors, itching, emotional aspects,location and seriousness of the complaint.
- One advantage of homeopathic medicines is that they are safe and not detrimental to the body on prolonged use whereas steroids used in allopathy are definitely not advisable in the long run.
- However as the disease is difficult to tackle, people often get fed up and leave midway.Patients who have taken homeopathy are required caution that the journey is tedious and long, but persistence is the keyword and cure may take upto 2-3 yrs and more. Also, the disease has it own course of exarcebations and remissions so one has be aware and cautious of the above points and accordingly do the lifestyle measures and medications.
- If we look at the treatment options available various allopathic formulations used till date offer only symptomatic treatment.Even the latest medicines seems to offer relief for months than offer a complete cure.
- Regular exercise, balanced diet, walk in the sun are very beneficial.While the goal of complete cure may not be achieved or possible, however , a treatment that offers buildup of a better immunity with time is really advisable and hence the popularity of homeopathy which hence eradicates the troublesome symptoms and the suffering and rewards the patient with a better life.
- Psoriasis can be managed with the right treatment and good self-care, and now add homeopathy to it!
FEELING DEPRESSED? YOU NEED COMPASSIONATE HOMEOPATHY TREATMENT TO HELP YOU.
Take a free depression test and assess for yourself:
Do you feel sad or irritable?
Have you lost interest in activities you once enjoyed?
Have you experienced changes in weight and appetite?
Have you experienced changes in sleeping pattern?
Do you have feelings of guilt?
Are you unable to concentrate, remember things and make decisions?
Have you experienced fatigue and loss of energy?
Have you experienced restlessness or decreased activity?
Are any of your symptoms being noticed by others or have they given you any remarks?
Do you feel hopeless, or worthless?
Have you had thoughts of suicide or death at any moment of time?
If you score high on this test, you must seek professional help and see your doctor or family physician. You could also be having thoughts of suicide and could be in the danger of hurting yourself and you should seek immediate help and not ignore or neglect your symptoms at all.Depression is a treatable illness. There is no shame in admitting that you need a helpful hand.
If you score intermediate on this test or your results are doubtful, the best thing you can do is talk to your healthcare professional or family doctor. You are not alone in going through these symptoms, and you are not as alone as you think.
Whatever your score is, you surely do need to seek assistance and talk to someone. A family member or a friend could be the best person to share your feelings. Do not hesitate in opening up to them and telling them EXACTLY how you feel. Even if u feel really low or suicidal or not interested in work and /or other activities, you should share this with your family and friends or a special friend. Do not ignore your feelings because these could very well be important symptoms for a doctor.
If you do not find anyone to talk to, you are still not alone as you think you are. You could seek assistance on many healthcare organizations or ngos or bodies that are ready to help in form of a helpline tollfree number. There are also medical personnel online and you could write to them or talk. Remember, help is always at hand and just a call away.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION:
1.Anger/and /or irritability:
It may seem that anger and irritability are common symptoms of our day to day life. Hence we ignore them from time to time. Especially irritability is considered to be a very normal thing to exist. Hence we do not think there is anything wrong with us. But if not controlled and if not catered to, it could turn dangerous.
2. Sadness/feeling low/feeling empty
Life feels as if barely existing. May even cry frequently.
Again, these are considered to be just “passing “symptoms or we attribute this to just an event, incident or a cause and ignore it. In fact this symptom is part of the broader symptom listed below.
3.Feeling of low self worth/worthlessness/low self image/feelings of guilt
4.Feeling of restlessness and anxiety , constant worry etc related to a job or work not being done the right way, or not being done on time, or regarding health, or could be simply vague, not related to any attributable cause.
Anxiety should be treated as a very important symptom, and sometimes it can also lead to the person feeling panicky.
It can also lead to self doubt, where the person thinks he or she is unfit for the work they are about to undertake and this leads to a failure in undertaking and /or executing the job or the work. This could be related to small and trivial things.
5.Disinterest in physical appearance
6.Disinterest in activities that you once enjoyed or you normally enjoy doing
7.Changes in appetite, weight, mood, and sleep. Frightful, scary or anxious dreams. Sleep could be decreased or could become more as well.
8.Constant feeling of low stamina, tiredness, exhaustion and fatigue. Low energy.
11.Brainfag:inability to think, concentrate or take decisions.
12.Thoughts of death: a depressed person may have frequent thoughts of suicide or death, though they may or may not have any plan to carry it out.
TREATMENT WITH HOMEOPATHY:
There are many aspects of depression. It affects your life on all levels, physical and mental, career, job, family , home and relationships. A proper treatment would target at all of these aspects. Just treating or focusing on the symptoms and their elimination IS NOT ENOUGH. One needs to look beyond and address the internal causes. While some symptoms may be attributable to external causes, but depression is not a extrinsic but a intrinsic disorder. Hence care in the form of compassionate medical treatment is essential.
Medicines are a important part of the treatment, though many people would not consider it important to seek and take treatment. However, medicines improve your mood , treat your symptoms and make you fit for everyday life.
Homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects and they are safe for your body ,brain and mind.many therapies used for depression in modern medicine are invasive. Even the normal drugs and medications used for treating depression(anxiolytics and antidepressants) have many side effects on the body and the mind. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects and they are safe for your body ,brain and mind. It is important to note that depression is treatable 100%.
Apart from medications, your doctor would help you with counseling,and other forms of therapy like dance therapy, music therapy, drama therapy, and other creative pursuits suited to you after assessment.negative thoughts are helped by CBT(cognitive behavorial therapy) by counseling guided by your doctor/counselor.
COPING UP AND SELF HELP:
Join a support group. It could be online or offline.
Reduce your stress.
Sleep on time.
Eat your meals on time.eat healthy balanced diet with lots of water,salads, fruits, and veggies.
Exercise . walking, jogging, cycling and many other forms of exercise could be incorporated into your routine.
Forgiveness can help depression. Holding on to anger about past events can contribute to depression. Forgiveness can help us heal and move forward, but the way we often define forgiveness may prevent us from taking this important step. Do we really have to forget what happened and act like things are okay? To enjoy the benefits of forgiveness, however, we don't have to take it that far.
Causes of depression:
1.The causes are not clearly understood but it is thought to be multifactorial.it involves disturbances in neurotransmitter functioning.environmental factors may play a important role. Depression is believed to be caused by an imbalance in the neurotransmitters which are involved in mood regulation. Neurotransmitters are chemical substances which help different areas of the brain communicate with each other. When certain neurotransmitters are in short supply, this may lead to the symptoms we recognize as clinical depression.
2. Female sex hormones:
It has been widely documented that women suffer from major depression about twice as often as men. Because the incidence of depressive disorders peaks during women's reproductive years, it is believed that hormonal risk factors may be to blame. Women are especially prone to depressive disorders during times when their hormones are in flux, such as around the time of their menstrual period, childbirth and perimenopause. In addition, a woman's depression risk declines after she goes through menopause.
A poor diet can contribute to depression in several ways. A variety of vitamin and mineral deficiencies are known to cause symptoms of depression. Researchers have also found that diets either low in omega-3 fatty acids or with an imbalanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 are associated with increased rates of depression. In addition, diets high in sugar have been associated with depression.so taking a diet rich in omega3 fatty acids , eg eating fish or taking fish oil supplements, flaxseeds or flaxseed oil, nuts such as walnuts, could help depression.
Vitamins such as b complex, folic acid and vitamin c can help. You should ensure that you are getting it enough from your diet and you may in addition take supplements but it should be advised and monitored by your family physician.
Some mineral deficiencies such as magnesium , zinc, calcium, iron, manganese and potassium also contribute to depression.
4. Medical illnesses:
Illness is related to depression in two ways. The stress of having a chronic illness may trigger an episode of major depression. In addition, certain illnesses -- for example, thyroid disorders, Addison's disease and liver disease -- can cause depression symptoms.
5, Drugs and certain medications.
Coffee, tea, alcohol , smoking , and certain prescription drugs can cause depression.cholesterol drugs may cause depression.abstinence from alcohol in a habitual alcoholic can also cause depression.
6.Stressful life events.
Stressful life events, which overwhelm a person's ability to cope, may be a cause of depression. Scientists have theorized that the high levels of the hormone cortisol, which are secreted during periods of stress, may somehow induce depression by affecting the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Depression is linked to stress and the amount of stress.
7.Grief and loss.
Although grief is a normal response to death and loss, the extreme stress associated with grief can trigger an episode of major depression
8.Moving,and depression in children.
Some research has shown that certain factors like, changing schools, leaving friends, divorce in the family and past depression can increase the risk of depression in your child.
A healthy lifestyle can help treat depression to a great extent.So, do not despair. Help is at hand. Do not be alone anymore. Homeopathy is here to help!
Memory slips are aggravating, frustrating, and sometimes worrisome. When they happen more than they should, they can trigger fears of looming dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. there are many mundane—and treatable—causes of forgetfulness. Here are seven common ones and how can homeopathic treatment can help you.To know more about homeopathy and homeopathic treatment read more.....
Lack of sleep.
Not getting enough sleep is perhaps the greatest unappreciated cause of memory slips. Too little restful sleep can also lead to mood changes and anxiety, which in turn contribute to problems with memory.
Tranquilizers, antidepressants, some blood pressure drugs, and other medications can affect memory, usually by causing sedation or confusion. That can make it difficult to pay close attention to new things. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you suspect that a new medication is taking the edge off your memory. As shown in the table below, alternatives are usually available.
*Medications* that may affect memory and possible substitutes
If you take these drug, ask about switching to one of these drugs:
1.paroxetine (Paxil) another antidepressant such as fluoxetine (Prozac) or sertraline (Zoloft), or a different type of antidepressant such as duloxetine (Cymbalta) or venlafaxine (Effexor)
2.cimetidine (Tagamet) a different type of heartburn drug, such as lansoprazole (Prevacid), omeprazole (Prilosec), or esomeprazole (Nexium)
3.oxybutynin (Ditropan) or tolterodine (Detrol, Detrusitol) other medications for an overactive bladder, such as trospium (Sanctura), solifenacin (Vesicare), or darifenacin (Enablex)
4.amitriptyline (Elavil), desipramine (Norpramin), or nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor) another type of medication, depending on why your doctor has prescribed a tricyclic antidepressant (neuropathic pain, depression, etc.)
5.*captopril (Capoten)* a different type of ACE inhibitor, such as enalapril, lisinopril, or ramipril
cold or allergy medication containing brompheniramine, chlorpheniramine, or diphenhydramine loratadine (Claritin) or other non-sedating antihistamine
(Adapted from Improving Memory: Understanding age-related memory loss, a Harvard Medical School Special Health Report)
A faltering thyroid can affect memory (as well as disturb sleep and cause depression, both of which contribute to memory slips). A simple blood test can tell if your thyroid is doing its job properly.
Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short-term memory, even after the effects of alcohol have worn off. Although “too much” varies from person to person, it’s best to stick with the recommendation of no more than two drinks per day for men and no more than one a day for women. One drink is generally defined as 1.5 ounces (1 shot glass) of 80-proof spirits, 5 ounces of wine, or 12 ounces of beer.
Stress and anxiety.
Anything that makes it harder to concentrate and lock in new information and skills can lead to memory problems. Stress and anxiety fill the bill. Both can interfere with attention and block the formation of new memories or the retrieval of old ones.
Common signs of depression include a stifling sadness, lack of drive, and lessening of pleasure in things you ordinarily enjoy. Forgetfulness can also be a sign of depression—or a consequence of it.
If memory lapses are bugging you, it’s worth a conversation with your doctor to see if any reversible causes are at the root of the problem. Something like getting more sleep, switching a medication, or a stress reduction program could get your memory back on track.
TREATMENT PROTOCOLS FOR POOR MEMORY
Spleen Kidney and heart are the 3 organs which provides memory
●Following are the three patterns of poor memory :
1) spleen deficiency causes poor memory, inability to concentrate and study.
2) deficiency of kidney essence causes poor everyday memory.
3) heart deficiency causes poor memory of past events , forgetting names.
1) Spleen deficiency causes
poor memory inability to concentrate
Main symptoms :
1) poor memory
3) poor appetite
4) *pale tongue*
5) *weak pulse*
Treatment principle :
1) tone the spleen
2) strengthen intellect. Spleen houses intellect , which controls memorisation, study and concentration.
2) Kidney essence deficiency
causes poor memory everyday.
Main symptoms :
1) poor everyday memory
2) can not remember names , faces, roads etc.
6) if kidney yang is deficient , tongue will be
7) if kidney yin is deficient the tongue will be
Treatment principles :
1) tone the kidney
2) nourish essence and marrow
3) Heart deficiency causes
- Poor memory of past events
- Forgetting names
Main symptoms :
1) poor memory of past events
2) forgetting names
3) absent mindedness
5) slight breathlessness
6) if there is heart yang deficiency the tongue will be pale with heart cracking
7) if there is heart yin deficiency the tongue will be red with heart crack
Treatment principle :
1) *tone the heart*
2) strengthen the mind and memory
There are many remedies in homeopathy to treat this condition. It requires a detailed study of the patient to know his/her lifestyle and life circumstances to be able to diagnose at the correct cause/causes so as to administer the right remedy. Since homeopathic medicines do not have sideeffects this is a very great advantage.
I want to know that can I change the colour of my eye s as they are not bright enough (dull white colour) compare to others.
Tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Follow a healthy eating plan. Make healthy food choices, keep your calorie needs and your family's calorie needs in mind, and focus on the balance of energy IN and energy OUT.
- Focus on portion size. Watch the portion sizes in fast food and other restaurants. The portions often served are enough for two or three people. Children's portion sizes should be smaller than those for adults. Cutting back on portion size will help you balance energy IN and energy OUT.
- Be active. Make personal and family time active. Find activities that everyone will enjoy. For example, go for a brisk walk, bike or rollerblade, or train together for a walk or run.
- Reduce screen time. Limit the use of TVs, computers, DVDs, and video games because they limit the time for physical activity. Health experts recommend 2 hours or less a day of screen time that does not work- or homework-related.
- Keep track of your weight, body mass index, and waist circumference. Also, keep track of your children's growth.
- Ensure that your abdominal circumference is lower than 80 cm/90cm (women and men)
- Keep fasting sugar lower than 80 mg% and blood pressure lower than 80 mm Hg.
- Keep heart rate lower than 80 per minute and bad LDL cholesterol lower than 80 mg%.
- Do not consume more than 80 grams of caloric solid or liquid food at once.
- Observe carbohydrate fast 80 days a year.
- Consume at least 80 fruits and vegetables servings in a week.
I'm suffering with cold since 1 month. Green thick phlegm is coming nose and from throat. How should I diagnose this. Please let me know.
I have acidity in general, many times have to wake up due to bile/acid gushing out from mouth in night.
How could I know suffer from allergy or asthma, I. Am always sneezing very much and always keep the cold.
We all have used homeopathy as a cure, and we know from experience that it works. This complementary modality of healing works on the principle of ‘like kills like’. All homeopathic medicines are derived from natural sources and are then diluted and ‘potentized’ to make them safe.
Here are a few common ailments that respond very well to homoeopathic medicines:
Common Cold- Allium Cepa (onion) which causes tearing in the eyes and dripping from the nose, is a frequent remedy for common cold and hay fever. It is very effective when there is a watery, and burning nasal discharge from the nose. Oscillococcinum, Bryonia, Belladonna, Arsenicum Album and Aconite are also excellent cures for influenza. Bryonia is especially useful in treating body aches that accompany fever.
Shock and Trauma From Injury- Arnica (mountain daisy) is the best remedy for trauma due to injuries and is an excellent first aid. It also helps to reduce pain and speeds up the healing process.
A Sore Throat- Aconite, Arsenicum Album and Belladonna are very good. Aconite helps during the onset of a sore throat while Belladonna is helpful in curing tonsillitis.
Nerve Problems- Hypericum (St. John's wort) is the first medicine to consider for injuries to the nerves or to parts of the body rich with them, like the back. This medicine is especially good for treating shooting pains.
Psychiatric Ailments- Ignatia (St. Ignatius bean) is most effective in treating acute grief, anxiety, and depression, especially due to loss of a loved one.
Cramps- Magnesia phosphorica (phosphate of magnesia) is the most effective remedy for cramps, including menstrual cramps.
Indigestion- Nux Vomica (poison nut), Aconite, Carbo Veg and Pulsatilla all treat indigestion. Nux Vomica is especially useful in relieving symptoms of flatulence, constipation/diarrhoea and heartburn. Carbo Veg is extremely useful for getting rid of gas after food.
Sprains-Rhus tox (poison ivy) is the medicine of choice for people suffering from sprains and strains. It’s especially useful when the person suffers from more pain when he starts moving after resting. It can also treat symptoms of arthritis and flu.
Remember to take these medicines in the 6th or 30th potency only. If you are suffering from minor pain or discomfort, you should take the medicine 3 times a day but if the discomfort is severe, you can take the medicine every 1 to 3 hours, tapering off later.
If you do not observe at least some improvement even after 24 hours of taking the medicine, it probably is the wrong one. Consider taking another medicine or better still, consult a homoeopathic doctor. It is also best if you treat yourself for non-threatening acute conditions only and go for professional care for chronic conditions.