Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sheeka PatoriaYour feedback matters!
My child 15 months old he has latrine problem not going Daily please suggest me a ayurvedic medicine.
My son is 9month old baby. He has shown no interset in crawling and sitting with out support. What I will do? am very suffering for my son.
My 2.5 Yrs old twins are not eating good food. Just plain rice and because of that constipation problem. Stomach pain very frequent. How can I improve their immune system. They have just started schooling. They do not take dry fruits, fruits,vegetables etc ect please advise.
My child have undescen testicles problem which we came to known recently. His age is 5 and weight is 24 kgs. Am fear of surgery. Any solution in homeopathy for this.
My baby is 4 months and he cries constantly on my lap. He is a baby boy. I don't understand why he cries whenever I take him on my lap.
My 1.5 year son awake after every hour at night. He started crying alot and when he cry he holds his legs. M not understanding the reason. In day time he sleeps soundly. Please tell me wat can be the reason.
My cousins baby is 3 years old from the age of 6 months she started getting seizures these are bad stays for 2 to 3 days during this time body color changes blue eyes upwards hands and legs twisted and now at age 3 she gets this once every week to 10 days her growth is not seen she can barely walk few steps can't talk at all always in her own she doesn't ask for food only when you give she eats else quiet passing urine or stool no indication no signs no discomfort we have been giving her levipil and valparin everyday 3 times since age 6 months.
List the food item should be given to lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. Daily what should be given? To become fat.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.
My son is 5 years old and is taking Homeopathic medicine for cold and cough. He was quiet relieved with the treatment. But since two days he's taking homeopathic medicine for fever but I see no sign of improvement. So can I give him allopathic medicine simultaneously.
My son is 2.5 years old andsome times, we are seeing sqintness in his left eye. We consult 3-4 eye doctors. They said there is no problem. However, every second person is saying there is squintness in his eye.
1. Average weight 2.5-3.5kg
2. Average length 50cm.
3. Heart rate 130-140 pm
4. Meconium, first black stool passed in 24 hrs.
5. First milk, colostrum, rich in materials helpful for newborn.
6. Yellowish colour of eyes and skin within first 24 hours, matter of concern. After 48 hours normal, subsides by 5th day.
Prolongation of jaundice warrants consultation.
7. Cord falls of by 10th day.