Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad V. KumarYour feedback matters!
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.
I have swelling in my right cheek. A dentist I consulted is advicing removal of wisdom tooth. Is that the only way or can it treated any way without removal?
I am diabitic my all teeth have already gone except 3, 4 of my lawyer jaw please suggest whether I can go for implantation or a new jaw. I want some fix arrangement.
I am having bumps on the back of my tongue. Here is no option to send pic, so i'll try my best to describe that. They are not canker sores. They are inflammation pink, semicircle like structure. They are 6-5 together in two lines making 45° angle with each other. Not bleeding, they are not yellow even , they are light pink actually. Not white from centre like canker sore. They are paining little. Irritating on eating spicy. Yesterday I ate, golgappa, and since yesterday night this is happening. Is this because of golgappa? How can I cure this?
She have lot of problem in teeth. Some teeth become black in colour. Sum r damage. She is just 24 years old. What should she do.
Dental health is the most neglected health domain among the population. We care more for our vital organs like heart, eyes, liver, kidney, and so on. But when it comes to teeth, we just neglect it either by self medications or some advised tooth powder or tooth paste.
We need to realize that the mouth is an entrance of our body and a healthy mouth is utmost important to keep the body and mind healthy. Simply to give an example - if you have garbage at your door the house cannot be cleaned no matter how many times u mop or broom it.
Atleast a bi-annual checkup for yourself and your kids ensures the dental health is in place. Dental treatments are no more scary these days. New advancements in the field of dentistry have made the treatment very comfortable. And lastly, the early you go, the faster and predictable results you get. That saves your time and a lot of money.
Call 8121 53 53 53 for an appointment.
I am having severe mouth ulcers around tongue and mouth. I am not able to eat anything. I'm using Zytee gel and VSL3 tablets. Still not recovered. please tell me what to do?
My Teeth are quite yellow due to fluoride mix. Its been over 15 years. I did consult few dentist's, however they could not find permanent solution. Please let me if anything can be done to yellowness from my teeth permanently.
I am 38 years old woman. I am suffering from cavity very badly and also I have a side neck and head pain, what should I do.
Some doctor says my teeth was suffering from pyria? Can scaling is better for my teeth otherwise please you give me suggestion for being my healthy teeth?
Everybody wants that perfect smile showing off pearly white teeth, but not many have it. There is a constant try to improve the smile by making the teeth whiter and brighter. Teeth can be discolored intrinsically or extrinsically. They acquire different shades and sometimes even different colors like brown and black, making them stand out as extremely odd. Teeth change color either due to intrinsic or extrinsic reasons. Intrinsic is when minerals like fluoride get incorporated into the tooth, giving it white irregular spots. Aging also causes intrinsic staining, turning them to a pale yellow shade. This is more difficult to remove than the extrinsic coloring. Also, teeth change color due to extrinsic causes like food substances, smoking, medications, tobacco usage, poor oral hygiene, etc.
The introduction of tooth bleaching came as boon to those who were unhappy with their teeth color. Whitening can also be done in the dentist's office or at home by the patients themselves. Though over-the-counter bleaching agents are available, it is always advised to consult a dentist and then choose the appropriate material. The time of each application and the duration of the entire treatment are best decided by the dentist. The product provided by the dentist would be stronger and will produce quicker results than the ones available in the market.
At Home Bleaching: The dentist will take impressions of upper the lower jaws and fabricate customized trays. The right material is then chosen, which is applied on these trays and left in place for the desired amount of time. This needs to be repeated for a time decided by the dentist depending on how much whitening is desired. The desired color is usually achieved in about 4 weeks' time.
In-House Bleaching: This will require multiple visits to the dentist, usually about 1 to 3, of about 30 to 90 minutes each. The gums are first protected and then the bleaching agent is applied. It could require laser for activation in some cases. If the desired color is not achieved, it could be followed by a couple of applications at home. In some cases, there could be minor complications including gum irritation and increased tooth sensitivity. This is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, which is the standard component in all bleaching agents. The whitening process can be repeated at desired intervals to add that extra sparkle. Once the trays are fabricated, the bleaching agent can be used multiple times.
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist:
- Tooth bleaching can make teeth temporarily sensitive or be uncomfortable for people who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can also lead to burned and even temporarily bleached gums.
- Tooth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won't work at all.
- To be sure of tooth whitening is worth your time and money, talk to your dentist before you use an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, talk to your dentist about what is the best method to change their color. The results could leave you surprised with a white, bright smile.