Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad Bhalekar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad BhalekarYour feedback matters!
I have one nose always blocked and sometimes when the suitition get wrost both nose got blocked. Also I have sinus problem. Please let me know will it be useful to get sinus operation or should just take the medicine. kindly advice Thanks
Today my PNS X-RAY DONE and the report shows HAZINESS noted both Maxillary & frontal SINUS – SINUSITIS. What does this mean? Let me know I am suffering with sinus or I am normal?
I have tinnitus problem in my left ear. I hear faint whistling sound non - stop. It first started around 4 months ago. It stopped for a few weeks and again started. What should I do and what precautions should I take to avoid severeness? Can it be self-cured? What medicines should I take?
I have recurrent cough, cold sinus problem probably of strep infection. How shall I get better immunity by homeopathic medicines.
I am 15 years old and I feels that I have a problem in my throat. Mere gale me bahripan rahta hai. This is since from 2 months and that I am suffering from. What should I do tell me. The homemade therapy. I shall be grateful to you.
Hello I have taken antidepressants for 2 and half years. After that I gradually decreased the dose n stopped it completely 6 months ago, but now am facing many side effects like concentration, dizziness, sexual problems.
I am 18 year old male and my right-lower premolar has a filling. It is paining for 2 days and at the same time my right ear is also in pain. I have a wisdom tooth coming from the same side. Is pain in ear and premolar is related to wisdom tooth or something is wrong with my premolar (filling)? What should I do next? How to get relief from the pain?
Dizziness is usually described as a variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light-headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings, it is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are hypertension, certain medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of Corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalolith repositioning exercises - body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the Canaloliths(calcium deposits) from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the Canaloliths move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!