Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad Bhalekar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad BhalekarYour feedback matters!
Hello, 1 month back I had seizures 2-3 times lasting for 20-30 seconds. I consulted the doctor, had a CT scan but nothing came out, he prescribed me Health OK sachets, enerzal and Zincovit. I took these meds for around 10 days. I never felt again till today when early in the morning when I went to bathroom. Before seizures I feel dizziness and I feel like lots of things starts coming in my mind and then I pass out for around 20-30 seconds. This thing has happened thrice inside the bathroom, in which twice just after taking the bath and once Infront of my roommate. My gall bladder was removed 2 years back so from fast 1 year I suffer from stomach bloating. For past 1 month I have been again facing bloating issue. Are these two things related? Please recommend what I should be doing for this.
I'm 45 years old male. I got an injection for small throat problem seven weeks back. IN the third week after that I got intermittent raise in body temperature especially in the evenings for four days. On 23 rd day I noticed a pea nut sized round pimple like thing on my penile ring.(no itch, no pain). It became small within a day and vanished in one week. During the fifth week I got anxious and sleepless and got fatigue in day time. On 42nd day I noticed some rashes about 10 nos at the center of my chest (no itch no pain. They vanished in three days. I doubt the rashes might be present earlier as I couldn't notice due to the hairs in my chest. Are the above indicate symptoms of HIV ARS? (I ask this because I doubt the use unclean syringe during my injection)
I'm having too much mucus from previous December, cause I've high eosinophil, 14,%, I hadn't slept a single night soundly last winter, still I'm suffering from too much mucus but not like last winter, I'm traveling 64 km a day in bike for my job please advice me how to get rid of mucus, I'm taking half litter milk a day, is it a cause for mucus.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.