Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh N. SharmaYour feedback matters!
I used to sing (sing high notes), then I suffered from running nose but my singing activity continued but when it became severe I took medications after which my singing activity completely destroyed. Because now I suffered from Neck tightness. Now it is also cured, and I am able to speak but not comfortably. Though I am able to speak, I am not able to sing at all. My thorat becomes too tight at the start of the song and I cannot proceed. I will one side of the face and neck very tight like it has mucus in it. And when I speak it sounds like when Someone speaks during cold and cough. Sound quality completely gone and its more than one month I am suffering from this. Missed out on Lot of college functions and auditions. No time to visit A GOOD doctor because of exams and distance. Please someone help me resume my singing. I feel very bad when I listen to a song or someone singing, feels irritated now.
I have genetic allergy to cold which gives me sore throat and tonsils which are painful. Is there a permanent cure?
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
Sir my right side of the neck is slightly swollen. Below Adams apple. There is no pain. And the swollen neck side cannot be seen but when I touch it. Than it can be felt that it is slightly swollen. Should I worry about it or its common.
I am suffering from deviated nasal septum. Suppose to undergo surgery. Can it be done in local anesthesia?
My mother has a throat infection. Some voice comes continually from her throat and irritates her. She consulted many doctors but of no use. Please guide us.
Hello sir One of my friend she is facing issue Of throat infection since 2 week Blood is coming when she tries to eat something her family doctor has replied to take liquid I just wanted to know is it any big issue Or it's normal it may cure in some time waiting for reply.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly affected. Most of these infections are caused transmission through the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
- Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. The collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
- Redness and swelling of the eardrum: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
- Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear by a perforation that develops ear drum, which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
- The patient might also experience increased irritability.
- Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
- Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
- After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However, in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
- In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done. Treating nasal infections plays a very important part in preventing ear infections
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.