Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shaifali PatilYour feedback matters!
I have three children with my husband but the last one have gone up to 6 years but still there is no sign of pregnant! I want another one. I also have a problem because I could not satisfy my husband so please advice me what to do?
Hello I'm 20 year old female I've extra skin on my Vagina for last 4 to 5 years and am not married yet. Why this happens to me. Please suggest me what to do.
Hello. Dr. Does RH negative blood group cause miscarriage or any other type of problem in pregnant lady?
I m 26 female. In this month my period is Not starting till now, last month date was 26th January. Last month I have used I-pill. Please help.
My son is 9 months old. He had suddenly stopped drinking breast milk, dint noe the reason. Later found out he had blisters in his mouth due 2 wch he was refusing 2 suckle. He dint take milk 4 almost 4 days, due 2 wch milk supply has reduced. If he start sucking again, will it increase? How cn I increase my milk production?
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
1. Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
2. Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
3. Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
4. Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive.
I got married two months ago. I read that intercourse must be done from 12 to 14 days of menstrual cycle to get pregnant. But I have doubt that how to calculate that 14 days? whether count from the date I got my period or whether the day my bleeding stopped.(i got my period on 28 march)
My daughter of age 12 has attained puberty before 1 year. She gets irregular periods. She gets periods twice in a month. Please suggest any treatment ?
I want baby so wat should I do for it? My married life is very good. please suggest me bcz I did not use precautions from last 3 months.
Hi, I am turning 26 next month. My problem is, i am not having periods properly since last 1 year. It only for last 2 days and 3rd day there is little spotting, no need to use sanitary pads. Even in first two days don't have much flow. I am not suffering from any disease neither am overweight, just have little anxiety because of office work. I take proper diet also. Still worried because earlier I had 4 days cycle. I just want to know is it normal or am thinking too much.
My age is 19 but people say me that I look 25 years old please tell me what is the reason for that and please gave some solution.
An woman is in menstrual cycle for 7 days. So when she is bleeding, is that the time for safe sex according to the answer given above. Or is it after the 7th day that is considered as safe to have sex.
I am 21 years old. I have cycle of usually 32 days which varies after 2 months and sometimes it becomes 28 days and sometimes 30 but it is within 32 days always. I had my period on 24th June. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 3rd July. After that I had bleeding on 21st June. Usually I have heavy bleeding always which lasts for at least 5 to 6 days (probably 5).but this time it was not so heavy but not so light also (lighter than my heavy periods. It lasted for 4 days. On 6th day I was having brown mucus. please tell me is it periods or implantation bleeding. I don't want to get pregnant now as I am also studying. please reply soon.
Hello doctor last month my teeth was extracted. But now I'm pregnant. Shall I fetch new teeth this month? Is this any causes will occur? Or else when will I should do?
Schedule a walk with a friend or co-worker. Ayurveda considers walking a tridoshic exercise: it balances all three doshas without putting excessive strain on your body. It calms the mind and nourishes the senses.
I was delivered on nov 25, 2017.through sygerine and blessed with a baby boy. Which foods can I eat now to recover quickly.
How many months after c-section we can insert copper - T, is copper - T safe? How effective condoms are?
We all have issues in life which we want to resolve and feel happy and light again. What matters here is knowing how to skillfully deal with the problem rather than building up fears and anxiety around it.
Here are the two basic but extremely effective tactics to use to solve the issue before we let it take a larger form.
1. Write the issue down- we tend to worry about issue nonstop, even before sleeping. We want to get out of the situation but we don't know how. We even tend to worry about it a bit too much and out of helplessness, not knowing what to do, go into these vicious circles where it gets a little tough to come out of. We often tend to push painful emotions away, because we don't want to be in that situation, it hurts! we want to push it away as hard as possible and as soon as possible.
But just wait! take a step back and get to know what exactly you are worrying about. What is going on in the first place? you might first start from a very superficial level. Ex- I just broke up with my boyfriend. But try to do some free flow writing about the issue. Here are a few questions to help you start looking at the issue at a deeper level.
What is going on
How are you feeling about it
What hurt you the most
Why do you think all this happening? where do you think it all started from?
Which need of yours was being satisfied that has been cut off now? example: a girl who has recently experienced a break up says: what truly scares me about my break up is that I am scared to be independent; I need someone constantly supporting me.
How much were you truly responsible for what has happened and how much were others and other environmental factors contributing to the issue.
These are just few questions to get you started to explore the issue. Write whatever you feel like and whatever comes to your mind. Free flow writing about the issue will automatically lead you into different and interesting areas which you might not have even explored before. Try not being resistant to the idea of writing and approach it with a curious attitude.
2. Brainstorm- now that you have a better understanding about the issue, where it is probably coming from, what you should probably look at to resolve it, and also now that you feel less burdened, since it is all out on those papers, it is time to brainstorm the solution!
Remember here that every pain or suffering is temporary. There is always a way to make it better.
Pick up on the cues your mind has given you about how to resolve the issue or at least which areas to focus on, while writing down your issue. Write down the probable options you have to resolve your issue. For example- a worked up business man realizes that he is experiencing a burn out since he has stopped gyming. He realized this while addressing the question, where did it all start from. Now he realizes that gyming was extremely crucial to de-stress and resolves to make time for it again.
Reflecting on what worked for you earlier, or what helped you feel better earlier, would give you great insights into what you should probably do now.
The girl who broke up realizes that her main need was to have some constant support. Upon brainstorming if there were other ways this need can be fulfilled, she has realized that she has great friends and a lovely sister whom she can talk to, she also sees it as an opportunity to grow herself into a strong independent women.
3. Utilizing your resources to the fullest- when you brainstorm alternatives of what you should probably do, you will see that they lead you to very interesting resources. It is practically impossible to solve an issue if we don't have enough information and the right resources. Few of the easily available but unbelievably effective resources which have a large impact when implemented are listed below, in case they haven't struck you till now. These are such simple resources we often tend to overlook or underestimate.
Parents- just spending some time around them might make a huge difference to the way you are feeling. They are almost readily available for us, but we tend to just ignore it and choose to get locked away in our rooms and go on a ride again with our negative emotions. Instead just step towards them!
Friends- we are scared of looking vulnerable if we share our problems with our friends. We also tend to disguise the problem or give bits and pieces of it, because we feel telling what exactly is going on might make us look really vulnerable. All these could just be our assumptions. If these friends are close, exposing the vulnerable you, could even get you closer, and you can take a sigh of relief to finally put it out of you.
Hobbies- often people say, if my situation is better only then I can go and do what I like! it doesn't quite work that way. Hobbies help you de-stress by channeling your negative energy and replenishing you with positive energy, they empower you to face the issue. This is what is going to save you big time! simple things like watering the plants, sketching what is going on in your head or something creative, just coloring, etc. Prove to be great ways to help yourself feel better.
Social communities- it is great to be out there with like-minded people, or with people who might be experiencing the same thing as you. Just push yourself with that one first step and you just might be sorted!
Don't be afraid to seek out for help- everyone faces issues, everyone does! but a proactive person is the one who will be able to pull him/herself out of it and feel good and confident again. Prolonging things might make the pain turn into suffering. Seek help from a psychologist/ counselor when you need it. It is a great space to explore yourself and be mentally fit.
These are just few of the resources mentioned here. Now when you grab your pen and paper I am sure you will come up with a great list! figure out which resources work for you and keep your resource box ready to rescue you!