Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Nerul. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seemantini Unawane
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seemantini UnawaneYour feedback matters!
Hi, am 27 years old I hve an habit of smoking from past 3 years I will take 2 cig per day, but now am willing to quit smoking as soon as possible please suggest me how can I quit smoking asap.
I have some mental irritations and I need to go to sleep even if in day time makes me so lazy with too stress and it leads me to sleep in day time I can't correct my self from this kind of stress pls tell me what is it.
Hello sir, I'm 3 years old how do I increase my memory power my memory power is very poor whatever listen no understand bad common sense I'm anxiety patient whatever eat no recover my body please advise me.
Hello, i am 20 yaer 2 year earlierI have started drinking alcohol fut I am fed up with it and now I want to leave it but after leaving 3-4 days I feels a different unconsciousness.
I cannot read a single question for exam. If I complete a question. I can't go to the next. Full of mental stress. I am very fear whether the question will forget. Please give a solution.
Hi I am 25 years male, consuming prodep(fluoxitine) tablets for depressive disorder for the past 2 months. Now i' m feeling normal. Can I stop this tablet abrubtly?
Tip to beat social isolation
1 be part of gathering that interest you dance yoga etc
2 learn new strategies that make you socially adaptive and help you overcome fear and build a good social relationship.
3 master any art or subject well so there is more scoop to be share be admired and inspired other
4 discuss problem b open to suggestions. Implement them discuss them with other. This acts as enhancer n stress buster.
5 think positive negative thoughts act as a base from social isolation. Overcome negative thought having positive self-image n self-acceptance leads to healthy life.
6 there is always a second chance. It is okay to be wrong. Mistake help you grow to learn from them never give up.
7 it is imp to have social interaction as one of the priorities on the to do list. Just presence of other people around automatically leads to positive changes
I am suffering from depression for the last 20 years , at present on medication of the following for the last 10 years , it is being just sustained but unable to cure it completely . Can I get any alternate therapy or any kind of other suggestions from you .
Hello doctor.. I have my CA final exams in may 2015. Can you please suggest me something so that I can increase my concentration power and study with more energy as I feel like sleepy most of the times. How can I keep myself energetic to study hard.? Please suggest something. Thank you
Hai doctor I have body pains from last 1 week, does I have any kidney problem or any disease related to dialysis, and I observed that an extra muscle is growing in my body from inside the skin what could be reason for that.
I am 34 years old and have started forgetting the things, looks like loosing memory power. What can I do to regain my memory power and if medicines are required, please suggest.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
Hi I am 30 years old. I am highly educated and talented and organized. However, I am finding it difficult to focus on work or applying for new jobs. I feel good doing things I like, but things such as office work, I keep postponing. I cannot focus/concentrate and I fell I am lagging behind the competition. I keep setting targets and push myself to finish a task, but failing to do most of the times (not because of capability, but willingness and concentration). What is my problem? is it any medical condition? will you be able to help me?
Hi am sumit jha from pune. Please answer me what is smoking effect And how to stop smoking please any idia for stop smoking.
How much hours do I sleep a day to get better result in working hours like I do jym and studying when I go to study I can not concentrate I feel like lazy and I can not focus on my studies.
Recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria causes the patient to think that he or she is does not belong to the gender that may be physically apparent. This condition may cause severe stress, anxiety and depression.
Let us find out more about the depressive conditions caused due to this disorder and how this depression may be treated:
- Trapped: One of the most common emotions that a patient experiences while suffering from this condition includes feeling trapped in the wrong body. For example, while all the physical and visual signs may point at the male status of the patient, he may actually feel that he is a female. In such cases, the patient often feels like the body does not reflect his or her true gender. This can cause the patient to feel trapped, which in turn can lead to feelings like restlessness.
- Anxiety: Once the restlessness sets in, general dissatisfaction grows, which is the earliest sign of anxiety. The intense discomfort experienced by the patient can lead to severe anxiety where he or she shuns normal functioning and socialising. The patient may choose to stay alone and isolated in the long run, which can fuel further anxiety when the patient is faced with social situations like school, work and others.
- Mismatch: The depression and anxiety also comes from a sense of mismatch that the patient may feel when it comes to the gender in the mind and the physical gender that may be parlayed with the genitals as well as other areas of the body and development. This mismatch will need to be addressed in order to get to the root of the depression and anxiety experienced by the patient.
- Talk Therapy: Talk therapy is one of the most common and popular forms of therapy that has been used for this kind of disorder. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy used for conditions like depressions due to GID or any other kind of depression and anxiety. With this kind of therapy, the patient can be brought face to face with the problem before reprogramming the attitude, thinking and resulting behaviour of the patient to be more accepting of the condition. Also, any physical therapy will have to backed by it.
- Trans Sexuality and Homosexuality: With the help of therapy, one of the most important and initial barriers that will have to brought down is the opinion of the patient. The patient will have to be made aware of the fact that his or her problem does not convert his or her into a transsexual or homosexual. This condition is not the same a sexual orientation issue.