Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Nerul. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seemantini Unawane
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seemantini UnawaneYour feedback matters!
I am thinking too much I am not happy with my life. Every time failure making me depressed too much. And no mental support from anyone else even from my partner making me depressed more. Sometimes I feel to run away from everything. But because of my only three year old son. I am just staying back. I don't know what to do now.
My Father in law is suffering from advance Parkinson's. He is not able to walk, eat, talk. Difficulty in eating & talking. Is there any treatment possible?
I had gone to my friend's house last week at night. Since there was no light, I stepped on his puppy. He cried a bit and hit me with his hand on my lower. I felt his soft claw. After I came back, he flee away so I didn't see him. After 2 days, I became anxious, what if the dog was a stray day that entered in the house not his puppy (highly unlikely since the door was closed and my friend said it must his puppy as he usually sleeps anywhere) and he might have scratched me (but I didn't feel any pinch). I checked for wound and my lower (neither the lower was torn nor there was any wound there after two days). But I an anxious. I am feeling these type of anxieties from one year continuously. I am very disturbed from these anxieties. I can't talk to my parents as I have already talked to them for more sillier cases than above. What should I do? Should I worry? Am I suffering from generalized anxiety disorder?
As most of the economies over the world become industrialized, the quality of life increases, but with it comes a plethora of mental health problems. Especially in a country like India, the rapid industrialization and the expansion of opportunities has seen a rise in the number of people afflicted by mental health disorders. Some of the common mental health issues and their treatment methods are discussed here-
Common Mental Health Issues
Depression – Depression is a very serious issue that affects a significant part of the population. It is not only a public health concern but also a fast spreading problem in the world. Although depression related to stress is on the rise, it could happen due to chemical imbalances within the brain as well.
Anxiety Disorder – While stress and anxiety tend to be a part of your daily life, over time, it could build up and end up being a disorder. Symptoms of frequent panics or anxiety could build up to become anxiety and panic disorders wherein you would be constantly under stress due to external situations such as social anxiety or have panic disorders.
Schizophrenia – This problem is caused within the brain due to neurochemical issues and causes paranoia, hallucinations, frightfulness and distorted thought patterns. This is a major psychiatric disorder and requires extensive treatment.
Eating Disorders – These disorders are marked by problems of eating which in turn affect your health adversely. These disorders are caused by mental issues and are primarily of three types; Binge eating disorder, anorexia (obsession over what one’s eats) and Bulimia (binge eating and then purging to avoid putting on weight).
Bipolar Disorder – A very common mental disorder, this mental problem entails uncontrollable mood swings from happy (at times, euphoric) to sad in a short span of time or alternating phases of feeling ecstatic and often exhibiting reckless behavior to being severely depressed. This is a serious issue and can even result in suicidal tendencies.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Problems – Another effect of stress is the increasing dependence on drugs and alcohol which in turn becomes a pattern and thus may cause problems in your life as you start using these substances to escape reality.
Common Mental Health Treatments-
Many people diagnosed with mental illness achieve strength and recovery through participating in individual or group treatment. There are many different treatment options available. There is no treatment that works for everyone – individuals can choose the treatment, or combination of treatments, that works best. Do consult a doctor before choosing one-
Psychotherapy – The treatment of mental problems provided by a mental health counselor through dedicated sessions over a period of time is one of the most effective ways of countering problems. Psychotherapy explores thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and seeks to improve an individual’s well-being. Psychotherapy paired with medication is the most effective way to promote recovery.
Medication – This is the most common form of therapy that aims to reduce the chemical imbalances within the brain, either through oral pills or through injections.
Support Groups – This is especially good as getting to talk to similar people and sharing experiences with them help in reducing the isolation, thus helping them vent out repressed emotions and connect with like -minded people.
Residential Treatments – Effective in cases of drug or other forms of addiction as well as problems which require conditioning, hospitals and other residential treatment facilities such as a rehab center are used extensively to treat these along with other problems.
- Treatment through stimulation of the brain – There are many newer treatments which are proving to be effective by stimulating the neurotransmitters that help correcting imbalances within the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist and ask a free question.
Hi I am 24 years old and I have noticed that I am losing sense of time, my stereoscopic vision and my concentration too and I always feel tired I don't know what it is I want to get normal again please help.
My son is 12 years in 8th std. Problem is he forgets what he has memorised the previous day. Please advise.
I m 46 years old and can not sleep without sleeping pills for time being I m taking restyl 1 mg still it is not effective. But I like to quit sleeping pills. Please guide me for this problem. Second part I am a smoker this also interested to quite. Waiting for earlier response thanks
I am a student of12th, I am getting depressed all time of day, I have lost my self respect and confidence, I am getting weaker and weaker, what should I do to get out from this and improve myself?
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.