Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Savita KalelYour feedback matters!
Hi, actually my cousin suffering from a very ordinery problem she is just 6 years old and she faced loss stool since 3 months and she has swelling on her body very badly now she faced fever. We consult to the doctors they said she is suffering from diarrhea and they admit her but they reveal her with in a week because she was well in hospitals but now again she faced same problem we tired to find out her problem can you suggest us that what kind of disease is it. We will thank full to you if you can help us because they are not financial healthy to consult the doctor again. Thank you.
My son studying in 6 standard, every day he studies for 2-3 hours, but he cannot remember nor able to write correctly what he had studied yesterday. Kindly suggest the solution how to maintain the memory what he had studied. Also their is regularly etching on his dody, he is 10 years old because of that lot of etching mark on his hands.
My child 3.5 yrs old male and having fever since 3 days in the nights, used syrups of Calpol, P-250 as doctors prescribed still it is same, please advise.
His son weeps a lot in night. He already consulted to doctors about it but child still weeping. So guyz what to do?
Hello Doctors Team, My son born on 10-APR-2016 with 1.96kg with 34 Weeks 6 days and currently he is having 2.75 Kg with 39 Weeks 1 day My question here is that we are following PRE-NAN milk powder from his birth with the addition of Mother Milk feeding, and I would like to know that can we continue the same milk powder or we need to change with some other milk powder with the addition of mother's milk. Kindly suggest, Thanks.
I have a 5 month baby and she is suffering from loose motions (6-7) times a day. I got her stool tested in lab and result of reducing substance is weakly positive. The doctor advised that mother feed is having lactose content. please suggest me.
Hi. But she cries for to long till she brings out her food. She almost vomit coz she screams and cry. And lack of sleeps in nights.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My son who is 12 year old does bedwetting from childhood .I have neither treated it before nor given him any type of medicine for this. Please advice what to do ?
My one year five month old daughter is having loose motion. The stools are watery consistency. Please suggest any home remedies or supplement to overcome with this.
My relative is 11 years old, she is born and brought up in Saudi Arabia, currently she is doing her schooling in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. K she has come to puberty at the of 11 yrs. Her periods are irregular since she had come like she is having her periods 3 times (heavy flow) a month. Her periods lasts for 4 days and the prior symptoms like severe stomach pain is more and after 2 clear days of her bleeding again the period commences. She is also allergic to fish, even if she tastes the gravy, her body body gets itchy and blown. please help to get relief from her problems.
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.