Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in khanda colony, New panvel west and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Satish VisputeYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and I have pain in my nake for last 2 weeks. I have also problem in my backbone so please advice me some medicines and cure.
My back and legs are paining frm last 10 day amd x ray report says (Partial socialization of L5 is noted with mildly reduced disc space between L5-S1) kindly help me with treatment or it is normal.
Sir / madam. I am a marketing person, lots of running on bike in Mumbai city approx 75 km daily, always feeling tired, my joints legs, arms, backbone, head always tired & feeling Uneasy also painful, I regularly take Revital capsule daily, but still not very active. Pls suggest something better then this, lots of responsibility, can't stop, have to run & want to be active like horse. Reply Note: No BP, no Diabetes, no cholesterol.
I am 22 years old. When I wake up in morning my legs starts paining too much. What is the reason behind this?
I met with an accident know in my knee there is swelling and the water is influence there saying tat either I have to inject r go fr operation. Am confused wat should I do. Is it advisable fr injections.
Hi, my mumma had a spur in her right foot and can't want to walk properly as it's continuously giving her a pain. What are the reason for the spur and how to get cure of it? Thanks in advance.
I am 23 of age, male. Height 5.8. Weight 50. I have skinny body for almost last 4-5 years. I have normal diet but I hardly feel hungry all the day now I don't even have the diet that I used to have in my school time, 5 years back. I din't even smoke or drink ever. What should I do to improve my health. I'm also suffering with backache, specially on neck, for 4-5 months as I study in sitting posture almost 7 hours a day. Some times it is unbearable. Due to this backache I don't feel freshness in body when I wake up at morning. Please give me advice how to get rid of this backache.?
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.