Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. SanuliYour feedback matters!
Before one year my weight was 68 kgs, but now it increases to 84kgs. I want to lose my weight. My stomach has come out and it looks too bad. Please advice me what to do and what to eat and what not to eat.
I'm 22 years of age and so skinny that I weigh only 48 kgs for my 173 cms of length. I badly want to increase weight. Though I 've followed strict calorie intake I find no results. So does going to gym for weight training and proper diet help me gain weight? In a gym, what kind of exercises do I need to do for this and how long will it take to see satisfied results? Pls explain.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.
In some cases, psychological factors rather than physical incapability play a vital role in causing Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Child abuse or any instance of sexual trauma is considered one of the root causes of Erectile Dysfunction. Other than this, there are numerous factors like a person's emotional health and wellbeing can also be a direct reason behind Erectile Dysfunction.
The psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction are:
- Pressure: Constant exposure to stress due to workload, difficulties in married life, parenting issues, financial issues can be a major reason behind Erectile dysfunction.
- Guilt: The pressure of satisfying a new sexual partner may become so overpowering that it may result in poor sexual performance. This may lay seeds of guilt in a person and hamper his emotional health.
- Anxiety: If a person Erectile droop at any instance, fear may creep in that it can occur again. This situation opens door for performance anxiety and may cause erectile dysfunction in the long run.
- State of Depression: Even a person who performs normally during sexual intercourse can suffer from Erectile dysfunction if he is in depression. Depression poorly hinders a person's emotional health and cause a series of psychological as well as physical problems. The drugs taken during depression may even facilitate Erectile dysfunction.
- Loss of interest in sex: Reasons behind this can be growing age, disputes with partner, any kind of stress or certain medications.
- Loss of self confidence: Failure in previous attempts for sexual intercourse, feeling of insufficiency in sex life may lead to loss of self confidence. This can be one of the deciding factors behind Erectile dysfunction.
Remedies: Occurrence of Erectile droop once or twice is quite common among men. There is nothing to be worried about. But if this problem persists, one shall consult a sexologist. Few tips to prevent and cure Erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- One needs to open up and discuss such issues with his partner as well as his physician. If the cause of Erectile dysfunction is poor emotional health, then he can undergo some therapy. Some stress relieving exercises or meditation can help you gain control over your mind.
- One can take some pills like Viagra and prevail over psychological impediments. It helps to boost up one's confidence while performing any sexual act.
- Try to remain fit and fine. Exercise daily to shed any extra weight. Avoid drinking and smoking and take a healthy diet. Take adequate sleep (about 7 hours in night) and get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
All the above tips help in maintaining your physical as well as psychological health. Follow them and get cured of Erectile dysfunction.