Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Very experienced and polite doctor & staff also .
I have weak eye sight and due to which I suffers from severe head ache 6-7 times a month. What should I do?
I am 20 year old male. Within 3 months of my joining as a software engineer mt eye sight increased by 0. 5. Doctor advised me to take arc glasses. My question is: should I move to crizal glasses for better results or is it waste of money. As I work on system for hours, please suggest me tips to maintain my eye-sight like what should be the brightness level thankyou
My name is ravi kumar I am 21 years old I work in system more than 12 hours a night coz I am a night shift employee doctor here I place my question in day time I sleep after 12pm some times it may be extended 2 pm but I sleep nearly 5 hours or 6 in day before and after my bet my eyes got burning sensation I did'nt even check a eye specialist I got fear of my eyes burning sensation what must I do please suggest me your kind opinion to get rid of it if I must wear a glass what type of glass should it be and what will be its cost or without wearing glass if this problem can be solved? what must I do doctor thanks in advance.
I have severe head ache, vomiting sensation since 3 days. I met number of doctors I am not get cured. Suggest.please.
Can I start turning squint. Lately everyone is telling me I'm looking squint eyed,(I'm thinking maybe it happened because one of my eye lashes got lesser in size a bit because I had fire next to it) Anyways is there a way an eye doctor can methodological find out if I'm Squint or not. And can I turn squint ever in my lifetime if I was not previously (without any injury or sickness).
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.