Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh Kumar NairYour feedback matters!
Very experienced and polite doctor & staff also .
I want to remove my specs, as my eyesight is weak. So what can I do so that my vision will increase? Also tell me way to gain my weight I am very thin.
What are criteria for LASIK of eyes? I have myopia my left eye is -7 and right eye is -6.5! What about contact lens? Can I use them? My age 21 is there any limit to use of contact Len in eyes means duration of there wear.
My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do.
She is 17 year old girl. Last one year generate whiteness in the black portion of the eye .so how should overcome this problem. Please suggest him with give in details which type of disease.
I am suffering to make eye contact. Whenever I try to my eyes goes around the other body parts of that person which is very embarrassing. As much I restrict it happens more. Tell me any exercise to focus and make eye contact. It's more than 5 years now since I am fighting with this problem and consistently trying. Tell me any exercise or remedies. Please Help.
Hello I am chandan I have faced a problem from last week there is a pain in my eye can you help me which medicine or drop I prefer.
I am sourav 20 years old male. For last 2 days my two eyes are becoming reddish. And when I go out in sun then it is more reddish and itchy. I am using a drop gatilox dm but no improve. So what should I do?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
My baby girl is 2 year 10 months old she is having sqwint both eyes. Not from birth, we have seeing from last year. I went to eye institutes and they are saying that required surgery. In its cimpleated in 30 min. Please suggest me what to do ?
Good morning doctor. I am 33 years male. I feel so sleepy and lazy all the day and night. I can't concentrate my official work at office, I suddenly got closed my eyes and found myself slept. I go to bed at about 9 to 10 Pm but unable arise early in the morning. BP is 75/110 and pulse rate is normal. It is first time in my life that I can't leave my bed at time. please help me.
My eyes are always red I am using eye cool sometime before going to some meeting. Everybody thinks I am feeling sleepy. And m feeling no itching or pain.
Hii sir / madam My hands got tanned due to heat While riding bike 3/4th of my hands are black And shoulders part is normal I started wearing gloves now But how to remove the tan which already occurred.
Hi, I suffer from keratoconus and have had a keratoplasty in my right eye. I used a kerasoft contact lens for vision but it is not giving me a proper vision. What do I do? GP lens are also not comfortable. Please advise.
I am 21 year old male I have severe headache since last 1 years I tried many medicines but it does not work. What am. I suppose to do? Some of my friends say I need to try specs. Since if you do not use specs it causes head ache. Is it true?
Sir am suffering from night fall at 5 years my eyes going deep. Am going to work at dubai medical I am qualify or not qualify please tell me sir.
Sir I am suffering pain in my half right head some time because of pain I can not open my eyes I just like darkness please help.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.