Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjevani GuneYour feedback matters!
I m a female of age 30, And having thyroid, my height 5'4" And weight 78, M over weight and having menstrual problem with Pcod. My periods are irregular and to get them on time I have to take med. Like meprate 10; Pls guide me to solve my menses problem and I m following your weight loss tips too to reduce my weight
Sir a patient of mine an asthmatic on salbutamol inhalers, pregnant now has ige about 4325 and normal values 158. Will it affect prgnancey or foetus?
Im Kalai. Im 29 years old. My date of birth is 1988 .I got married and 21 months completed. Before marriage I don't have any menstrual problem. But after marriage my menstrual cycle had changed. Minimum 50 days or 55 days once only have periods. So I consult Doctor. Doctor said May be you have PCOS. Doctor confirm pcos after one scan. Nearly 9 months I am having treatment for pcos. Last wk I took harmon test. In my report Doctor said you hormones are changed something. Doctor told some Medical terms. Also Doctor said you have to take OC Pills for three months. So I'm going to take OC Pills with in ten days. What is the solution for my issue. Doctor.
Are you looking for an ideal detox diet? Taking a detox diet does much more than making your skin glow and your eyes sparkle. It boosts your energy levels, improves your digestive system and also helps you with weight loss. A detox diet contains no grains, no milk, no alcohol and no sugar. A detox plan aims at taking the load off the organs which detoxify your body, such as kidneys, liver, and bowel. There are several things you should keep in mind before undertaking a detox diet.
How to start?
You should undertake a detox diet when you have a long break from events and occasions which might disrupt your detox diet, such as parties, weddings, and birthdays. You may experience a cleansing reaction during the first few days of the detox diet, like loose bowel movement and headache. This happens because of the abrupt withdrawal of some food items from your diet.
Food you should avoid
While on a detox diet, there are several food items you should avoid. They include milk products, sugar, maple syrup, honey, artificial sweeteners, coffee, alcohol, dried fruit, and grains such as wheat, barley, oats, rice, and barley.
Food you should take
Here are the food products which should be a part of your detox diet:
- All kinds of fresh fruits
- All kinds of fresh vegetables
- Fresh fish or fish canned in olive oil or water
- Lean red meat and chicken
- Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, and kidney beans
- Organic eggs
- Unprocessed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts such as walnuts, cashews, macadamias, and unsalted almonds
- Seeds like pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds
- White tea, green tea
- 1 to 3 liters of water every day
Seven day detox plan
- You should start your day in the morning with lemon juice, which is good for cleansing your system and kick starting digestion.
- During detox, you should exercise for an hour regularly. Vigorous exercise is required, which increases your circulation and lymph flow for helping you sweat out toxins.
- Consume raw food items as they contain more enzymes and nutrients.
- You also need to detoxify your mind. You should meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. You can also try belly breathing.
- Drinking lots of water is very important during a detox diet. This helps in moving the lymphs and supporting detoxification from your kidneys.
- It is important to chew your food properly. You should chew a mouthful of food for about 10 to 12 times before swallowing it. You should avoid a detox diet if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, are underweight, or if you are an elderly person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
If a pregnant woman goes for cesarean delivery, is it good for health and what are the advantages and disadvantages for this. And also share the advantages and disadvantages of normal delivery.
I had sex during my period without any protection, but within an hour I took ‘Unwanted 72’ pill. Is it safe?
My age is 24 I am in relationship frm last 5 years.in starting I used to get 5 days periods but from last 3 years im getting only 2 days cycle? Is it harmful for me or for my pregnancy in future. Is it effect of unwanted pregnancy pills I have in starting of my relationship .suggest.
Struggling with extra weight and flab? Well, we are here to help! Remember to take it slow and easy with your weight loss journey so that the effects are more lasting. Reducing weight in a month is a matter of making the best use of dietary tweaks and a work out regimen.
Here are a few tips to lose weight in a month. Set a realistic goal of about 5 to 6 kgs in a month and get set go!
- Food Diary: What you eat is the first thing that affects how smooth and effective your weight loss journey is. Remember to take stock of what you are eating in a day. Maintain a food diary for at least a week and take a look at it at the end of the week to realize where you may be going wrong. Remember to report even a bite of a snack or that piece of chocolate you took! You will be surprised with your findings.
- Diet Alterations: Get your diet under control by dividing it up into five or six small meals. Include vegetables, fruit, grains, water and some amount of dairy. Try to eliminate meat and sugar from your diet for a month. Also, you can substitute white rice with brown rice or other grains like quinoa. Have oats for fibre and remember to drink plenty of green tea and water.
- Dietary Additives: Adding ingredients like almonds, prunes, blue berries, and even chia seeds will do wonders for your overall diet plan. When you are in the mood for a snack, reach out for these fat burning substances that will get your metabolism to work overtime.
- Mental Hunger: Do a quick check every time you get hungry out of turn. If it is not your meal time, there may be chances that you are suffering from emotional or mental hunger, which usually passes in a few minutes once you down a glass of water and distract yourself with an enjoyable activity and deep breaths.
- Exercise: This is one aspect that many people ignore. Work out everyday to support your diet and weight loss journey. Have coffee an hour before your workout session for quick fat burning.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
We are trying for past two months to get pregnant but still didn't get pregnant already we had two abortions. Very tensioned what can we do?
Health benefits of sitting on the floor while eating:
1. Improves digestion
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position and eating your food is good for your digestive system.
The back-and-forth movement of bending forward to eat and returning to your natural sitting position helps abdominal muscles secrete digestive juices, which are needed for quick and proper digestion.
Plus, this sitting position allows the mind to calm down and applies pressure to the lower spine, which facilitates relaxation. Also, muscular tension releases and high blood pressure comes down.
2. Increases life span
Regularly standing up from a seated position on the floor without needing a hand can also help you live longer.
A 2012 study published in the european journal of preventive cardiology reports that the ability to stand up from a seated position on the floor without using any support correlates with a longer life expectancy.
According to the study, getting up from sitting position requires considerable flexibility and body strength, which are needed to avoid common accidents, injuries and falls.
If a person has difficulty standing up from a sitting position, he or she is 6.5 times more likely to die within the next six years. Study participants ranged in age from 51 to 80 years.
3. Improves strength and flexibility
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position also makes your body stronger and more flexible.
This sitting position stretches the hips, knees and ankles. It also increases flexibility throughout the spine, shoulders and chest, thus making you more flexible and able to ward off certain diseases.
This strength and flexibility helps you stand upright without slouching, as well as pick up heavy objects without hurting your back.
On the other hand, sitting in a chair for hours leads to weak, tight and sore lower back; weak abdominal muscles; and stiff, inflexible and aching hips, to name only a few.
4. Supports correct body posture
Good posture is important for reducing excessive strain on certain muscles and joints, especially the back and neck.
By sitting cross-legged on the floor for eating, you are automatically correcting your posture.
When you sit on the floor in the sukhasana pose, you need to keep your back straight, expanding your spine and pushing the shoulders back. This posture helps prevent all kinds of aches and pains that are caused by bad posture.
On the other hand, sitting on a chair or couch and hunching over your desk and computer for most of the day can lead to poor posture and a weak lower back.
5. Improves blood circulation
Sitting cross-legged to eat your food is also beneficial for your circulatory system.
When sitting on the floor, blood pumps more easily through the heart to other parts of the body, as opposed to sitting on a chair with your feet further below your heart level. Also, sitting on the floor leads to a healthier heart by reducing the excess pressure on it while eating.
Good blood circulation ensures that all the body’s organs get the essential nutrients to function properly. For people with circulatory problems, sitting on the floor while eating is highly recommended.
6. Aids weight loss
When you sit down and eat, it has a calming effect on your mind and body. A calm body is better able to focus on the food you’re eating, which in turn prevents overeating.
This happens because the vagus nerve performs better and transmits signals more efficiently in this position. It is the vagus nerve that transmits signals from the stomach to the brain as you eat, telling your brain whether or not your stomach is full.
Moreover, this sitting position makes you eat slower. This gives your stomach and brain enough time to recognize when you are full.
Plus, the act of sitting and standing up from the floor is good exercise. All these factors together aid in managing your body weight.
7. Promotes family bonding
Last but not least, sitting on the floor to eat your dinner or lunch with family can give you a brand new way to connect with your family members.
Also, when you are sitting at the same level with your children, it is simply easier to connect with them and learn about their feelings and emotions.
You can make sitting on the floor to eat a family ritual to improve family bonds. Also, the posture relaxes the body and mind, which is important to lead a stress-free life.