Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjana Wavhal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjana WavhalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 29 years unmarried Girl m suffering from PCOS from last 4-5 years. Current size of my ovaries are Right = 19.3 n left = 16.2. (highest was l=38 n R=36) I am under Ayurveda treatment. Kindly suggest me and what is the right size of ovaries?
Good afternoon lyb doc, I stil not had my periods. Last month I had on 18 Feb. V had our intercourse on 13 March. So please suggest me. I usually have my periods 30- 33 days. Nd stil I have not undergo pregnancy test. Shall I wait for another 4- 5 days or undergone test. Or shall I take menstrual tablets after 4 days. I am confused. please suggest me.
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 88. 4 kg vegetarian, unmarried have pcod ,much pains in legs knees toes foot ankle. Unable to walk .please help no sleep, in ,depression, tiresome,
I am 8 month 15 days pregnant. I need more protein in my body according to my doctor. Kindly guide me what type of food I eat for proper protein diet. Is there any tension in delivery for me or my baby or not. Kindly tell me please.
Is larzin sachet safe to take through out pregnancy daily. Im 29 weeks pregnant have been taking it since 18 weeks.
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
1. Protect Your Brain
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer's disease.
2. Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and Seco iso lariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Fight Inflammation
Cucumbers may help to 'cool' the inflammatory response in your body.
4. Antioxidant Properties
Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
5. Freshen Your Breath
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Manage Stress
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Support Your Digestive Health
Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you struggle with acid reflux, you should know that drinking water can help suppress acute symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH; it's possible that water-rich cucumbers may have a similar effect.
Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories)
9. Support Heart Health
Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.