Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeetha Mamakar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha MamakarYour feedback matters!
Kya mai unwanted 21 every month le sakti hoon meri age 26 hai. Isko lene ke bad .in future pregnency me koi problem to nhi hogi. Qki abhi mai pregnent nhi hona cbati hoon. 1 year due to financial problem. Ya aap mujhe suggest kre mai kya kru ke mai abhi pregnenet na hoon Without condom sex karu to. Plsss reoly me soon .thankyou.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.
One month, the injury is still healing, two months, just a little bit longer, three months? Well, you, believe it or not, it has probably become a chronic pain and is affecting every aspect of your life. Chronic pain may be a novel notion to accept but is now understood to be a disease and generally defined as pain persisting for longer than 12 weeks. Pain management in such cases is traditionally treated through prescription drugs, the other option being amputation.104968
This is a major cause of patients having qualms about these pills and a need for an alternative. In response to this, doctors have a new tool to help decrease the perception of pain which is a small implant placed in the back to help patients shake off the pain. This small device that could bring you back to your feet is the spinal cord stimulator.
What is spinal cord stimulation?
Theoretically, the spinal cord stimulation is a type of neurostimulation which produces an effect that interferes with the brain’s ability to interpret the signal as pain by using electrical pulses. The brain, instead, experiences it as a pleasant numbing sensation. The implant is placed which takes place in two parts i.e. placing the lead device in the spine and placing the pulse generator in abdomen or buttock.
For test stimulation, the several stimulation settings are tried so that the pulse generator can be programmed using these settings. The procedure typically takes 1-2 hours and post-procedure, patients are given a handy device to control the simulations which they are to use in their day-to-day lives.
It has been observed to reduce the pain by at least 50%. However, this too has its limitations. Typical candidates are people with chronic back and limb pain who may have a failed back or disc procedure. The most common risks associated are device-related, example, unintended movement of the leads. Serious effects include hemorrhage in the epidural space or injury to a spinal cord leading to neural damage, but these are highly uncommon.
Quick facts about it
- The best product which works for spinal cord stimulation is a long-lasting solution with a need to change the battery of the lead device every 9 years.
- The most recommended device today is the implant because of its compact size and the device costs is quite nominal.
- The quality of the product matters a lot as there are ample of cheap products available on the same lines. The same can be fitted within the body via a procedure.
- The procedure conducted is also called the pain pacemaker.
- Earlier, the procedure was used to conduct only in the international countries, but nowadays the implant can be done in India as well. If you are apprehensive about consuming painkillers for your chronic pain, you can explore this option with your Interventional Pain Specialist.
As it is said, lasting pain can lead to damage, hence don’t wait until the damage repair has a complete null chance, rather reach out to your doctor to understand more about the concept of SCS so that you can get treated in no time. Explore the option with your "Interventional Pain Specialist". In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In modern era we're gifted intense stress and professional pressures, the average diet mostly comprises of fast food. Street foods, packaged and processed foods along with unhealthy fast eating habits. Overloading and accumulating toxic or non toxic metabolites and overexposure to a pollution in almost in every system this disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts core environment and normal mobility of intestine filled with gases, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients which are readily well digested n resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include such foods in your diet which help to detoxify you from the excessive toxins and allow core n immune system to function properly.
basil tea:&nbsp;green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
Avocado: avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins availing boost in winter.
Garlic: garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
Beets and carrots: beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
Turmeric: a little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
Green vegetables: green vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
Grape (capsule shapped) fruit: grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin c and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.
Warm buttermilk by adding carom/cumin seeds/black pepper it avails good intestinal mobility and gastric emptying time reducing bloating and water bashes.
Hi. I want to tight my vagina from surgery. Please suggest me any cosmetic surgery center near rohini Delhi.
I had 1 miscarriage last year in Jan 2015, after that I was trying since 1 year to conceive but there was no result. So I have started visiting the doctor for last 4 months and she has suggested all the checks for body like hormonal tests, thyroid,prolactin, abdominal test. Then she suggested me giving the medicines like clo fert, progynova,fertigynova injections on 14,16,18 days with follicular study. But my follicular study shows that my follicular size is 8.7 mm on 13 the day and it has gone to 11. 7 mm on 18 the day. So, please suggest me wat is the problem and solution. I am desperately waiting for the birth of a child. What would be the reason?
UTI is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract. Recurrent UTI or chronic UTI if remain untreated can even lead to an organ failure. UTI is the second most common infection in the body. In reproductive age, there is a 10 fold increase in incidence in women than in men.
- Short urethra
- Sexual intercourse
- Close proximity of urethral opening to the areas like vagina and vulva which are contaminated heavily with bacteria
- Recurrent vaginal infection
You may be suffering from UTI if:
- You feel a pain in pelvis while urinating
- You feel the need to urinate again and again and despite urgency you manage to pee only little
- You feel burning while urinating or you have to stop urination in between because of excessive burning
- Urine appears red or cloudy or bright pink with strong smell.
In severe infection, you may suffer from fever with chills, nausea and vomiting. Bad hygiene, sexual intercourse, recurrent vaginal infections, dehydration, holding urine for too long, pregnancy, catheterization while surgery, hypo-estrogenic state like menopause, having diabetes mellitus are some reasons and predisposing factors behind UTI.
If you feel any of the symptoms of UTI you must visit doctor and get urine microscopic examination done. To get proper result patient should collect midstream urine sample in sterile container after washing the private parts.
- The urge for urination should not be suppressed.
- Drinking water helps dilute your urine and ensures that you'll urinate more frequently — allowing bacteria to be flushed from your urinary tract before an infection can begin.
- Wipe from front to back. Doing so after urinating and after a bowel movement helps prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra.
- Empty your bladder soon after intercourse.
- Change your birth control method. Diaphragms or unlubricated or spermicide-treated condoms can contribute to bacterial growth.
- Don't use feminine deodorants. These sprays can irritate your genital area and increase your risk of UTI.
- Wear cotton underwear. Cotton fabric allows moisture escape while other fabrics can trap moisture, which creates a potential breeding ground for bacteria. Also, avoid tight-fitting clothing.
- Avoid vaginal dryness
- Get help for recurrent UTI.
- Avoid intake of hot, oily, spicy, sour, salty, and bitter foods.
- Increase intake of liquids in the form of water, juices, coconut water, and other cooling drinks.
- Increase intake of pitta-pacifying herbs like green cardamom, coriander, licorice root, black resins, gulkand and kokam syrup etc.
- Alcohol and coffee should be forbidden.
- Coriander and cumin seed water: Soak coriander and cumin seeds overnight in 6 times water. Drink 30 to 50 ml water next morning after sieving or filtering. Prepare fresh every day.
- Punarnavashtak kwath, Varunadi kwath, Chandrakala rasa, Chandraprabha vati etc are some of the ayurvedic medicines which are used treat UTI, those should be taken under proper guidance, if you suffer from UTI.